Author Topic: Are the Nets tanking?  (Read 22344 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Are the Nets tanking?
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2010, 01:19:24 PM »
Reality, don't go back and edit your post when people already responded to you.  Its corny trying to add a bunch of extra crap after the fact like I ignored it.  It is not my fault you had no idea you can't trade contracts when signing a FREE AGENT so there was no need to go back to try to save face.  If you wanted to add more onto it, quote me, and continue the conversation.  Looks pathetic you have to sneak back to edit the post.  Had I not scroll up because my mouse stuck I never would have seen it.

And don't act like you were still editing it when I made my response.  It was a full hour before you went back to change it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:23:24 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2010, 01:22:49 PM »
Better yet:  name the last Superstar free agent who went from the team with the *BEST* record in the league to the team with the *WORST* record in the league.

It generally works the other way, and usually via trade or sign-and-trade.
Norm Nixon
The Nets and Lebron are gonna do this the non general way.

Norm Nixon?  When did he go to a bad team as a free agent?  His trip to the Clippers was a *TRADE* - not a willing choice.  Or is he the last Laker SUPERSTAR not to retire as a Laker?

The Nets will end up signing the equivalent of Ron Mercer.  Over-pay for someone pretty young who isn't really among the elite class of the league.  Mark my words.  (Is any young big name in Atlanta a free agent this year?)

Except that young big man in Atlanta is in a similar boat as Lebron...he is on a team that is competing at a high level, why would he leave heh

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2010, 02:04:35 PM »
The reason I look to Atlanta is it's a place where ownership is a train-wreck.  They might not be willing to pony up on a high-dollar contract.  And that could get someone to move.

Cleveland, of course, will offer LeBron the longest, highest-dollar contract allowed, and no one will be able to match it.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
I think Shaq is the last Laker superstar to not retire as a Laker. Unless there's some Shaq-to-the-Lakers miracle in the works.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2010, 03:56:58 PM »
Norm Nixon?  When did he go to a bad team as a free agent?  His trip to the Clippers was a *TRADE* - not a willing choice.  Or is he the last Laker SUPERSTAR not to retire as a Laker?
I knew that.
The hotel clerk accidently gave Norm Nixon the hotel room key to Magics Johnsons room.  Upon walking in on Magic and Isaiah Thomas, Nixon was gone.
That and Magics pouting about Nixons play.
Lenny Bias doesn't o.d. on coke and we aren't even talking about the weak Lakers championships.
And of course their *SUPERSTARS* retire as Lakers.  With all the perks ie bogus trades, fixed reffing etc no reason to bolt.  No way LeBron wants a phony title tho.  No way.

Anywho the only one off the top of my head semi resembling a superstar FA to bolt from a good team to a crumby one would be Joe Johnson Phx to ATL.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2010, 03:57:54 PM »
I think Shaq is the last Laker superstar to not retire as a Laker. Unless there's some Shaq-to-the-Lakers miracle in the works.
Thank you Ted.
Altho Fats is trying to get back onto the Lakers.  :D :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2010, 04:19:19 PM »

I was going to post that but then I realized Shaq isn't retired, he's just playing in Cleveland.   ;D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2010, 04:30:45 PM »
fify

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2010, 04:35:32 PM »
I knew that.
The hotel clerk accidently gave Norm Nixon the hotel room key to Magics Johnsons room.  Upon walking in on Magic and Isaiah Thomas, Nixon was gone.
That and Magics pouting about Nixons play.
Lenny Bias doesn't o.d. on coke and we aren't even talking about the weak Lakers championships.
And of course their *SUPERSTARS* retire as Lakers.  With all the perks ie bogus trades, fixed reffing etc no reason to bolt.  No way LeBron wants a phony title tho.  No way.

Anywho the only one off the top of my head semi resembling a superstar FA to bolt from a good team to a crumby one would be Joe Johnson Phx to ATL.

Except he wasn't a super star when he left the Suns.  He was just a good shooter.

As for the rest of the jibberish bs you posted here.....thanks for the laughs.  I can't help but fall over laughing at the pure irony of this entire post.  Your name is REALITY but you live in WHATIF land  :D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 05:01:59 PM by westkoast »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2010, 05:24:42 PM »
IMO the Nets will sign (and overpay) Amare.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2010, 10:23:49 AM »
Actually, I have Amare to the KNICKS.
Joe

-----------

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2010, 10:43:43 AM »
There have been rumors floating about that the Cavs want Amare...I kid you not.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »
There have been rumors floating about that the Cavs want Amare...I kid you not.

Amare makes sense for Cleveland.  They have to replace Shaq and Ilgauskus someday soon.
Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2010, 04:25:06 PM »
Bosh speaks on possibilities next season.

Bosh: I'm the kind of player you can build around
By Marc Stein

DALLAS -- Don?t expect Chris Bosh to reveal his free-agent plans during his All-Star homecoming in Big D.

The Dallas native continues to insist that he doesn?t yet ?have an answer? no matter how many people ask him to declare his intentions now.

He also notes that ?things you like and dislike change daily,? which Bosh says makes it ?impossible almost to not only predict the future but predict your feelings? when free agency is still more than four months away.

Bosh, though, did have some encouraging words for the Raptors? edgy fan base to balance out the open-to-interpretation nature of those quotes when he sat down Thursday to tape an interview for ESPN Radio?s ?Meet The All-Stars? show that airs Saturday night at 6 p.m.

First Bosh scoffed at folks who think he?s already made his decision to leave the league?s only Canadian franchise.

?He?s gone, it?s over, it?s done,? Bosh said in a mocking tone.

Then Bosh revealed that he?s not necessarily interested in playing anywhere that he?s not the clear-cut franchise player.

?That?s a good question,? Bosh said when asked by ESPN The Magazine?s Ric Bucher if he?s bothered by the widespread perception that he?s determined to follow either LeBron James or Dwyane Wade by signing on with one of the teams they choose starting July 1.

?It?s funny you say that, because I was thinking about it. I was just looking at what people say and it?s like, ?Chris is going to go here and play with him or this, this and that.? I?m like, ?Wait a minute.? I feel like I should be built around. And maybe that?s just my ego talking, but I feel that I?m a very good player in this league and I?m only going to get better. So ? maybe we should be getting somebody [in Toronto].?

Bosh is sure to field more probing questions about his future Friday when he meets the bulk of the media in town to cover All-Star Weekend. But the above comments, at the very least, give more insight into our assertion made back in November that Bosh likes his situation in Toronto more than many of us south of the border want to believe.

There?s still no guarantee that he?ll stay with the Raps, but it?s clear that the combination of playing in a cosmopolitan city he likes while also ranking as the unquestioned face of the franchise holds great appeal.

And Bosh?s Raptors, at the very least, have convinced the rest of the league that he is thoroughly unavailable in trade talks as the league?s Feb. 18 trading deadline approaches. Any serious discussion about his future is apparently on hold until after the season.

Yet Bosh did acknowledge that he will consult his Team USA colleagues James and Wade, for advice if nothing else, before re-signing with the Raptors or orchestrating a sign-and-trade move elsewhere.

?There?s nothing wrong with picking each guys' brain to see where they?re at and how they feel,? Bosh said. ?I think talking to other people [is something] that'll help you make your decision a little bit more.?

Said Wade when asked during his own taping Thursday about behind-the-scenes lobbying: ?It goes on at every All-Star Weekend. It?s been going on for the last couple [All-Star] weekends. It?s always fun to recruit. Everybody?s recruiting.?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
Nets at 7-59 on pace to tie 76ers all time worst of 9-73.