Author Topic: Kevin Garnett is a really nice guy  (Read 2110 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Kevin Garnett is a really nice guy
« on: November 18, 2009, 04:31:56 PM »
"[Kevin] Garnett wasn?t exactly welcoming to Pacers rookies A.J. Price and Tyler Hansbrough when he visited Indianapolis this summer to film a Wheaties commercial. As Garnett exited Conseco Fieldhouse, Indiana assistant coach Lester Conner asked him to walk over and meet Price and Hansbrough, who were working out. Garnett wasn?t exactly friendly. According to Conner, Garnett continued to walk out and remarked, ?[Expletive] your rookies.?? Said Price, laughing,"

jn, what happened to this guy?  Once he got to Boston he turned into a typical Boston resident or something lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: Kevin Garnett is a really nice guy
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 04:36:50 PM »
No, KG was a punk In minnesota too - no one cared though

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 04:55:01 PM »
jemagee may have a point, but I'm not so sure.  One thing I do know is he's gotten worse since he's been in Boston.  My opinion is that he took so much heat for being soft his whole career, that he's overcompensating trying to be hard, or the tough guy, by basically acting like a punk.  All the chest beating and lion's roars and stare downs, etc. have become laughable. 

Give me a break KG.  You're a fantastic ball player but you're a rail thin guy who would get his arse whooped by most guys in the league.  Keep being a great ball player and give up on the theatrics.  Thanks.  Love, Matt

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »
That story (is it apocryphal?) about KG punching the 'scrub' player in the mouth because he was showing up KG in a game of one on one and his 'boys' were laughing was pretty much when I decided KG was a punk.

http://www.hoopscorner.com/archive/0304/september/september15_04.html

Tis was the first link that came up

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 06:47:35 PM »
Said it before. Will say it again. Kevin Garnett is a punk beeyotch.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 10:55:29 AM »
I'm a little surprised.  Garnett has had his share of punk moves towards opposing players on the court but this is pretty crappy even by his standards.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes