Author Topic: S-Jax & Larry Brown  (Read 3628 times)

jemagee

S-Jax & Larry Brown
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »
If that''s not a combination born for reality TV I'm not sure what is

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: S-Jax & Larry Brown
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 12:21:55 PM »
Why anyone wants this guy on their team amazes me.  He is not THAT GOOD.  His attitude far overshadows any talent on the court.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 12:23:17 PM »
Why anyone wants this guy on their team amazes me.  He is not THAT GOOD.  His attitude far overshadows any talent on the court.

Lots of guys exist on rep more than talent in the NBA - and guys with less talent might still get traded (see Dalembert, Sam)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »
I think you're going to have to hold on to Dalembert with Speights out.

And as for Jackson and Brown:  I'm glad Jackson was traded to another going-nowhere team, with an even less player-friendly coach.  Powder keg central.  At the same time, Golden State didn't get anything of real value out of Charlotte.  Charlotte may have even gotten the better of the trade.  Still pointless, though.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 08:12:12 AM »
I actually think Jackson may do well in Charlotte.

He has played for a Brown disciple in San Antonio.  A no nonsense coach who tells Jackson exactly what he wants from him is better than someone like Nelson.  He also played well under Carlisle in Indy before the whole "malice" thing.

Also Charlotte is struggling offensively.  So Jackson can become "the man" for them.  This will stroke his ego and make him more coachable...at least for 1 year under Brown.

I don't see the powder keg scenario until next season.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 12:05:51 PM »
^^yep.
But two of the SuperJax moments in 2003 Spurs Championship drive:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=230529006
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRieYTW3zkM

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 03:09:05 PM »
I don't think playing under a Brown disciple in SA is an indication of how Jackson will mesh in Charlotte.  If anything, I think Steve did well in SA because he was a young guy who was mentored and kept in check by some very stable, seasoned veterans on that SA squad.  He didn't really develop in to the delusional, petulant, punk until he left the stable structure of SA.  I'm not sure he's going to get the same peer support from the likes of Boris Diaw, Tyson Chandler and Gerald Wallace. 

This guy is well on his way to grabbing the baton from AI to be the new and improved poster boy for the spoiled, delusional athlete.  In a preseason game against the Lakers he was spouting off about how he hated Kobe (no big deal, get in line with the rest of the majority of the U.S.).  What's significant is he continued to spew rhetoric about being as good as Kobe is ... ummmmm ... ok ... SJax ... put the crack pipe down, donkey. 

I think he might behave for a while in Charlotte since he was essentially granted his wish of getting out of Golden State, but I don't see it lasting long under Brown. 

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »
This guy is well on his way to grabbing the baton from AI to be the new and improved poster boy for the spoiled, delusional athlete.

Artest, Shaq, Rasheed Wallace, the list goes on and on and yet somehow people only focus on Iverson

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 04:01:34 PM »
msc welcome back from your brief board hiatus.

Altho i directed this to Laker Fan Dan, resident expert on all things Pink Floyd, he appears to be on extended break.
You are also elite team status re Floyd.
Can you look here and tell me what you know?
http://forums.phillyarena.com/index.php?topic=3194.msg65913#msg65913

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 04:16:59 PM »
This guy is well on his way to grabbing the baton from AI to be the new and improved poster boy for the spoiled, delusional athlete.

Artest, Shaq, Rasheed Wallace, the list goes on and on and yet somehow people only focus on Iverson

Yes, all of those guys are morons.  I'd argue Shaq, while certainly annoying and delusional, doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the rest of those guys.  If for no other reason than that he clearly resides on the opposite side of the police blotter than the rest. 

Sorry if you can't take A.I.  being the poster boy for the spoiled punk athlete, but he's done a fine job during his career of making that name for himself.  Are their others?  Unfortunately, there are many.  He just happens to be one of the "best".   

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 05:27:33 PM »
How many of the other guys have been sent home for the remainder of the season by their last two teams?
Joe

-----------

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
On Jackson - he was already a head-case when he was in San Antonio.  Reality likes to point out the games where he hit his shots, but fails to point out game 3, where he pretty much single-handedly shot the Spurs out of the game.  (Skander - you may remember that game.  Seems like we watched that one together.)  He thought everything that looked like a shot was his to take, and San An lost a game that I felt they should have won.

The fact that he wasn't happy being a piece of a winning puzzle in San Antonio should indicate to you exactly where his motivation was all that time back.  And let's keep in mind that Charlotte represents his 6th team in 10 years.  His 179 games with Golden State represents the most games he's played for any franchise.

I expect him to continue to be a team cancer, no matter where he goes.
Joe

-----------

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 07:45:50 PM »
The only Game 3 the Spurs lost in 2003 Playoffs was vs the Lakers.  True, Jackson shot 3-12, but Parker and Bowen combined to go 2-15 with zero FTAs.  Calm down.  Jackson had 6 boards and 4 assists for the game, that's more then Finley acquires in any playoff series.

True that Jackson blew it in not reupping with the Spurs.  That would have in all likelyhood spared us Turkolue and probably even Finley.
He acknowledged he blew it, but apparantly did not learn as he really blew again by reupping with the Warriors in Nov of 2008.  I am in agreement with you 100% that were Jackson truly interested in another championship this was the time get traded or to play out his Warrior contract.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:56:58 PM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2009, 08:35:33 AM »
Jackson left SA becuase of money.  That IS one area where he is definately delusional...believing he should be paid like an All Star.

Jackson played well in Indiana until he was caught up in the Detroit fiasco.  Carlisle is also a strict disciplinarian.  His ego ballooned under Nelson who would never be mistaken for a strict coach.  When defense was demanded of him Jackson responed and was above average...for his career he avgs 1.3 steals and

Joe, it is his 6th team in 9 years.  And he played 169 games witrh Indiana which would have been higher if he wasn't suspened for half a season.  He is one of a few players to average 20/4/4 for BOTH of the past 2 seasons (mostly due to GS style but it was 16/4/3 his last full season in Indy).  In the past 5 years he played for 2 teams...how many players have played for 2 teams in the past 5 years?  Gasol, KG, Ray Allen, B Davis, Billups, Shaq, etc.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 10:30:37 AM »
how many players have played for 2 teams in the past 5 years?  Gasol, KG, Ray Allen, B Davis, Billups, Shaq, etc.

Again though, how many of those players were moved because of poor attitude?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com