Author Topic: Lowest ticket prices you're seeing  (Read 5846 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Lowest ticket prices you're seeing
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »
From the Travelzoo Newsdesk:

LOS ANGELES--NOVEMBER 3, 2009-- The Los Angeles Clippers
just slashed ticket prices to their next four home games by
up to 75%. Tickets start at $10 and there are no convenience
fees.

See the Clippers at the Staples Center against:
- Memphis Grizzlies ... Saturday, Nov. 7
- New Orleans Hornets ... Monday, Nov. 9
- Oklahoma City Thunder... Wednesday, Nov. 11
- Toronto Raptors ... Friday, Nov. 13

Available ticket levels include:
- Upper Concourse ... $10 (reg. $35-$45)
- 200 Level ... $20-$30 (reg. $60)
- 100 Level Corner ... $55-$65 (reg. $100)

For more information and to buy tickets, click below. Use
Special offer code CLIPPERS when prompted to verify.
www.Travelzoo.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lowest ticket prices you're seeing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »
The Wolves have been down to $10 for a couple years.  They have also done a number of of other promotions with even lower and sometimes free tickets.  My buddy went a game free last year as part of one such deal.   I was in the lower level off the corner of the court and all we had to do was talk to a ticket agent for about 3 minutes.   He was hardly high pressure so it was pretty simple.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 12:28:07 PM »
You mean you called up the Wolves ticket agent and 3 minutes later he was offering free tics?  :D ???

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 01:31:25 PM »
Ha ha! Almost that bad though.  They offered two free tickets to people who had previously had season tickets or 10 game packages but cancelled.   My buddy and I had done the 10 game packages for a number of years and then bailed in about 2006. 

The guy who stopped by to talk to us during the game was actually really cool.  He definitely knew that hight pressure was the wrong approach.   
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »
Interesting.  May catch a Clippers game if it is going that cheap.  Only problem is a 10 dollar ticket gets you in the door to pay 10 bucks for a beer  :D

Thanks for this heads up though Reality, seriously.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 04:17:13 PM »
Funny you say that, jn, because I can get us FREE tickets to practically any game, due to a) being a media member, and b) the Wolves sucking.

They're DESPERATE to fill that arena.

Don't think I'd have that relative ease if we're talking Lakers, Celtics or Spurs home games.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 04:18:44 PM »
Interesting.  May catch a Clippers game if it is going that cheap.  Only problem is a 10 dollar ticket gets you in the door to pay 10 bucks for a beer 

Don't know when the sixers are comiing to clipper land this year bu if i have money and time i may finally go since getting lakers tickets probably is still not worth while

Unless of the course the game start time is 6:30 local time on new years eve day - seriously - WTF - no way i'm going to be in LA on New Years Eve or make the 2 hour trek back up to Santa Barbara after 10 ish
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:25:12 PM by jemagee »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 05:07:10 PM »

Unless of the course the game start time is 6:30 local time on new years eve day - seriously - WTF - no way i'm going to be in LA on New Years Eve or make the 2 hour trek back up to Santa Barbara after 10 ish

That is EXACTLY when they play next LOL.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 05:13:47 PM »
Darn I meant to write edit to that - i was being funny since i actually went and looked up when the game was  - damn :)

I don't like the new years eve games in general - but now i'm screwed out of my one 'affordable' chance to see the sixers this year

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »
Darn I meant to write edit to that - i was being funny since i actually went and looked up when the game was  - damn :)

I don't like the new years eve games in general - but now i'm screwed out of my one 'affordable' chance to see the sixers this year

Its only like 5 hours to Sacramento from SB lol

You can find Lakers/Sixers tickets for like 20-30 bucks in the nose bleeds. 

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 05:41:38 PM »

For 50 bucks you can get good lower level seats for the clips - if i'm going to see my team play i want closer seats :)

Sure, it's 5 hours to sacramento - but dude it's sacramento :)  - Seriously though - if i could swing it and the timing worked I'd do a vacation to Bay Area and watch em in GSW - that could be a fun one to watch as well...and when the kings move to anaheim they'll be even closer :)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 05:51:10 PM »
If they paid me $10, I still wouldn't go to a Clipper game ...

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2009, 05:53:12 PM »
What if they were playing the lakers?

Besides, sterling just gave 2.5 million dollars to people he was discriminating against, what makes you think he has 10 dollars to give you?:)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2009, 06:19:49 PM »

For 50 bucks you can get good lower level seats for the clips - if i'm going to see my team play i want closer seats :)

Sure, it's 5 hours to sacramento - but dude it's sacramento :)  - Seriously though - if i could swing it and the timing worked I'd do a vacation to Bay Area and watch em in GSW - that could be a fun one to watch as well...and when the kings move to anaheim they'll be even closer :)

That's probably the best bet.

I wonder if the Kings will move.  Reason I say that is theyve been looking for a new stadium for years but haven't got it and the Maloofs like Orange County.  They are out in LA quite a bit and do the 'Maloof Cup' in Orange County (huge skateboarding event)

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2009, 06:22:44 PM »
I wonder if the Kings will move.  Reason I say that is theyve been looking for a new stadium for years but haven't got it and the Maloofs like Orange County.  They are out in LA quite a bit and do the 'Maloof Cup' in Orange County (huge skateboarding event)

I mean - ideally the clippers would move to orange county it's easier - but I'm sure you've probably heard that that won't happen cause sterling hates driving to orange county.

The kings are the next solid option, they already are a california team and they've been looking for a new arena for a while and haven't been able to get one from the state - and much like arte moreno i bet they love the idea of trying to 'associate' with LA while really being in Anaheim.

I think the kings are the best obvoius candidate to move to anaheim if the clippers don't want to but I think the NBA should move to anaheim.