Author Topic: Spurs looked real good out there yesterday despite being disorganized.  (Read 8939 times)

jemagee

Re: Spurs looked real good out there yesterday despite being disorganized.
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 08:09:06 PM »
I saw Byron Scott give him props so if an ex-Laker says it, it is official  :D
Seriously though about all the NBA pundits are already calling him the steal of the draft.  Once again the Spurs organization does an excellent job of finding real gems.  By far the best organization when it comes to utilizing the draft and it's scouts.

The concern was always the long term durability of his knees with now ACLs.  They may have been wrong they may have been right - not many quesitoned his ability, it was his durability, and you can't call whether or not that's an issue just yet

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 09:53:43 PM »
Wow...The team that won so nicely last night must have missed the flight.  Who were THOSE guys playing and looking so horrible on defense and 3 point land???   Somebody should report them.

Hope the guys learn from this, they could have won this game.  I don't buy into the whole back to back was an issue, not with this squad.  Sorry play all around...well tim had a nice scoring night, but nobody else seemed to be a factor.  Chicago did a great job of taken it to the Spurs and taking advantage of all the opportunities the Spurs gave them (turn overs, second chance points, rebounds, mised free throws, etc)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 10:12:37 PM »
Wow...The team that won so nicely last night must have missed the flight.  Who were THOSE guys playing and looking so horrible on defense and 3 point land???   Somebody should report them.

Hope the guys learn from this, they could have won this game.  I don't buy into the whole back to back was an issue, not with this squad.  Sorry play all around...well tim had a nice scoring night, but nobody else seemed to be a factor.  Chicago did a great job of taken it to the Spurs and taking advantage of all the opportunities the Spurs gave them (turn overs, second chance points, rebounds, mised free throws, etc)

Back 2 back excuses do not apply the first week of the regular season lol
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2009, 01:03:00 AM »
Hey SpursXs3 this is like good old times, huh?

All we need now is Randy to come in and attempt to dis the Spurs.
Oh well, W.O.W. can suffice for now.  :D ;)

I just hope I am still this psyched about the team come april.  I can't imagine the usual "slump" for this team this season, but you never know...Spurs usually start slumping heading into allstar break and then pick it right back up and focusing after all star break...hope they can stay focused all year.

Am I going to have to put you on "ignore" as well SpursX3?  If you quote the moron it's like he's off my "ignore".  Cut it out!

I cut Hinrick (SP?) in favor of keeping Mason and his stat line looked horrible tonight!  >:(
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2009, 07:08:50 AM »

No I was not saying "back to back" was the excuse.  That's why I said, "I don't buy it."  TNT cast was throwing out the back to back thing, and age being an issue, blah blah blah, I did no much like them last night.  Spurs just played some disgusting basketball - end of story.  Back to back should not affect this team, they have fresh legs coming off the bench for crying out loud but they all just looked horrible.  As soon as I heard them start mentioning it I muted the TV, lol. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2009, 10:52:21 AM »

No I was not saying "back to back" was the excuse.  That's why I said, "I don't buy it."  TNT cast was throwing out the back to back thing, and age being an issue, blah blah blah, I did no much like them last night.  Spurs just played some disgusting basketball - end of story.  Back to back should not affect this team, they have fresh legs coming off the bench for crying out loud but they all just looked horrible.  As soon as I heard them start mentioning it I muted the TV, lol. 

The Spurs showed the same problems last night that they did often last year...giving up second chance points, losing the turnover battle and falling in love with the 3 pt line.

I would chock this loss up more to Pop experimenting with several different lineups.  He still doesn't really have a rotation.  He knows the top 8-10 guys he wants to use but hasn't fully defined their roles yet.  Pop is still putting different combos on the floor to get film to study on how different players work with each other.

And then there is the rookie Blair.  The guy should have been a top 10 pick.  That he dropped to 37 based solely on his knees was unbelievable.  However, despite his high fg% the kid has no offensive game beyond layups and tip-ins.  He has a rebounder's nose for the ball and great energy.  He also seems to have a good "floor sense" in that he knows how to find openings in the defense and shows good court awareness.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 10:55:52 AM »
Are the spurs always so terrible from the FT line?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 11:56:38 AM »
Just like good ol times.  Reality popping champagne after a win and gloating.  Then becomes casper the ghost after a loss  :D

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 11:58:10 AM »
Just like good ol times.  Reality popping champagne after a win and gloating.  Then becomes casper the ghost after a loss  :D
Weird, he sounds just like your typical Philadlelphia sports fan...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 12:47:37 PM »

Shooting 65% last night?  No they aren't always that terrible.

But then Chicago only shot 67% from the line; so are you questioning their FT shooting also?

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
Weird, he sounds just like your typical Philadlelphia sports fan...

Couldn't be.  Philly fans stay loyal to their teams.  They may not be vocal during the bad times but they don't jump from team to team depending on who is beating the Lakers  ;)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2009, 12:48:43 PM »

Shooting 65% last night?  No they aren't always that terrible.

But then Chicago only shot 67% from the line; so are you questioning their FT shooting also?

I think what jem is getting at is a top contender shouldn't be that bad from the line.

Chicago is a well, lottery team.  Them sucking at the FT line or anywhere else is almost expected wouldn't you agree?

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »
Couldn't be.  Philly fans stay loyal to their teams.  They may not be vocal during the bad times but they don't jump from team to team depending on who is beating the Lakers 

but philly fans do tend to over react to wins and losses - see the 'kevin kolb is better than donovan mcnabb' debates :)

In principle, sure, but they still won the game and the thread wasn't about them being crappy from the FT line (or the 3) so I just wondered if 65% is typical for the spurs from the FT line

And if a barely above 70% rebounding percentage is normal as well

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 12:54:27 PM »

I think what jem is getting at is a top contender shouldn't be that bad from the line.

Chicago is a well, lottery team.  Them sucking at the FT line or anywhere else is almost expected wouldn't you agree?

Like last year finalists who were 14th (Lakers) and 30th (Magic) in the league in FT%?

Or the Celtics (18th), Nuggets (20th), Cavs (21st)

Raptors and Pacers were two of the top 3 in FT% last year; were they contenders?

-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 12:56:35 PM »
I think league wide free throw shooting sucks - what I was getting at was is that just how bad the spurs are at the FT line or was it atypical - wasn't getting any deeper than that :)

Chicago is a well, lottery team

They're probably a playoff team this year.