Author Topic: NBA ready to replace all existing Ref's  (Read 4001 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA ready to replace all existing Ref's
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 11:14:51 AM »
Pretty sure Dwayne Wade doesn't become Harold Minor over night.

And Harold Minor doesn't become Dwyane Wade. 

We're just hoping that if Wade fouls Minor, it's a foul on Wade, and if Minor makes a clean play on Wade, there's no foul call on Minor.

If these guys really are stars, they don't need the league's or referee's help.  They just need the game called correctly, so they can dominate it fairly.

Until they bring back hand checking and remove a few of the other ways they call plays against a defender it will never happen.  Aside from star or not a star, the offensive player is clearly favored by the rules/refs regardless.

That's fine as long as it's called the same way on both ends. If an offensive player pushes off to get a shot and isn't called on it, and then his defender does it to him on the other end, that's fine. If the one player gets the call but the other doesn't that's where there a problem.

Until they remove some of those restrictions on the defenders that were in place in the 90s, it wouldn't be even, that's my point.  They want high scoring games and have done everything in their power to cripple the defender.  Part of this problem led to the abundance of 'charging/flopping' plays.  The only way a defender could get a call in their favor on that end is to 'beat the player to the spot'  So you see more and more defenders using this as a bread and butter play over the years (fisher, manu, vlade, brad miller, some of the other euros)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »
That's not quite true.

A defender *CAN* get a call in their favor.  Not every time Nate McMillan strips the ball from Michael Jordan is a foul (conjuring up one image *CERTAIN* to upset Skander (and me, for that matter)).  And just because it's Kobe Bryant elbowing Mike Bibby in the head doesn't make it a no-call.  Or at least that's the hope.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 08:53:33 AM »
That's not quite true.

A defender *CAN* get a call in their favor.  Not every time Nate McMillan strips the ball from Michael Jordan is a foul (conjuring up one image *CERTAIN* to upset Skander (and me, for that matter)).  And just because it's Kobe Bryant elbowing Mike Bibby in the head doesn't make it a no-call.  Or at least that's the hope.

Take Michael Jordan or Kobe out of the equation.....

Do you honestly believe a defender gets the benefit of the doubt more often than an offensive player?  I am talking just player A vs player B in a regular NBA game.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com