Author Topic: Cablevision (Owns the Knicks) to offer Lebron his own cable channel?  (Read 1411 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Rumors floating about that the Knicks way to get around the salary cap restriction is for Cablevision (parent company of the Knicks) to offer Lebron a deal to give him his own cable tv channel in the region.

What do you guys think?  Slimey move or creative negiotating ?  Do you think the league would even allow this? 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Cablevision (Owns the Knicks) to offer Lebron his own cable channel?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 07:53:19 PM »
Rumors floating about that the Knicks way to get around the salary cap restriction is for Cablevision (parent company of the Knicks) to offer Lebron a deal to give him his own cable tv channel in the region.

What do you guys think?  Slimey move or creative negiotating ?  Do you think the league would even allow this? 

Rumors were that Shaq was promised movie roles, record deals, ect... to leave Orlando and go to LA.  What's that old saying about feeding a goose duck food if it's good for him?  Or is it feeding geese dog food?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »
League won't allow it.

Dallas tried to do the same thing when Cuban let Dennis Rodman use his house, and the league put a stop to it, claiming that it would violate cap space.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »

Rumors were that Shaq was promised movie roles, record deals, ect... to leave Orlando and go to LA.  What's that old saying about feeding a goose duck food if it's good for him?  Or is it feeding geese dog food?

Im sure that happened but it wouldn't have been directly from the Lakers organization like it would be in this situation.

Joe, I didn't think the league would allow it but I wonder if the lawyers could set it up to where it wouldn't look like an offer.  More like 'Well Lebron is a big name and we have a large market so we are going to capitalize off it, has nothing to do with going to the Knicks, he already signed!'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com