Author Topic: SJax wants trade, prefers Texas or Knicks  (Read 3435 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
SJax wants trade, prefers Texas or Knicks
« on: August 30, 2009, 11:06:24 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4430906
Jackson said he would be open to returning to the Spurs, with whom he won an NBA title in 2003, but would also welcome a trade to the Dallas Mavericks or Houston Rockets.

He also mentioned Harrington's New York Knicks.
"I'm just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship," Jackson said.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealSpurs remember SJax and SuperStevie Kerr having influential roles in the Spurs 2003 takedown of Fakerville en route to the title.
Poop was recently quoted as saying RJefferson was SJax without the drama.  Unknown if Popavich would pursue an SJax trade.
They'd surely want at least Mason+, maybe GHill too.
Heaven would be SJax for Finleyovich, Bonner plus a 1st round pick.   :D :D

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SJax wants trade, prefers Texas or Knicks
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:55:15 PM »
Considering that Harrington and Jackson are #1 and #3 on the Win Shares overrated list, this should assure NY of another year out of the playoffs.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 08:44:26 PM »
Considering that Harrington and Jackson are #1 and #3 on the Win Shares overrated list, this should assure NY of another year out of the playoffs.

Sure hope you're right, cuz we own that pick no matter what it ends up being.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 10:25:47 AM »
So he wants to go to where he can win a title......then says New York?  REALLY?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:17:39 PM »
SuperSJax doin 33 minutes per game for 16 game share wins in the 2003 playoffs, his only full season as a Spur.
One full year, one Real Championship.  That ratio i can deal with.

Here is SJax with SuperStevie Kerr showing off the rings:

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »
http://dberri.wordpress.com/2009/09/02/stephen-jackson-wants-a-better-team/

Stephen Jackson Wants a Better Team
September 2, 2009 ? 6 Comments

Stephen Jackson stated the following a few days ago: ?It?s just things are in the air right now. I really can?t get too much into it right now, but I?m just looking to go somewhere where I can go and win a championship.?

Translation: Jackson doesn?t think the Golden State Warriors are very good and he wants to be traded to a contender.

Evaluating Jackson

Jackson averaged 20.7 points per game last year, a mark that led Golden State.  If all one cared about was scoring, then Jackson would be considered a very good player.

Of course, there are other aspects to the game of basketball.  If we look at Jackson?s stats (at Basketball-Reference.com) a few deficiencies stand out.  An average small forward has a 48.2% adjusted (or effective) field goal percentage. Jackson?s career mark is 47.5% and last year he only shot 46.6%.  With respect to rebounds, net possessions (rebounds + steals ? turnovers), and blocked shots, Jackson is also below average.  Yes, he can get assists and steals.  But his deficiencies overwhelm his few advantages.

As a consequence, although he has played 19,470 minutes in his career he has only produced 15.1 wins.  His career WP48 is 0.037, well below the average mark of 0.100.  In fact, in nine seasons Jackson has yet to be above average.

Last season the Warriors won 29 games.  The team?s Wins Produced of 31.2 indicates Golden State was a slightly better than their record indicated.  Looking at the players ? reported in Table One ? we can see who was responsible for these wins.  Or in the case of Jackson, who was not really responsible. Last year Jackson was paid $6.6 million and only produced 2.4 wins.

Table One: Golden State Warriors in 2008-09

Beyond a relatively low level of productivity, Jackson is also old and expensive.  Before the next season ends, Jackson will be 31 years of age.  He is also scheduled to receive $35 million across the next four seasons.

Jackson on a Better Team

When we consider the entire Jackson picture, it seems a contender wouldn?t be helped much if they acquired his services.  It?s also apparent that the Warriors shouldn?t care much if he departs.  As it stands now, Jackson is going to get $10 million dollars in 2013-14.  Given the age profile of NBA players, at that point he will be a very unproductive 35-year old player.  So if the Warriors do find a contender that wants Jackson, now is the time to make a deal.

Let me close by noting the other argument made by Jackson.  As noted a few weeks ago,  the Warriors could improve next season. In other words, it?s possible that Jackson will get to play on a better team if he just stays where he is.  Jackson is not likely to be the major reason the team improves, but he can still enjoy the additional wins.

Of course, I made this statement before the Warriors signed Mikki Moore.  As I have noted in the past, Moore is not a very productive NBA player. And if Moore takes minutes from Andris Biedrins, Anthony Randolph, or Brandan Wright; Golden State?s attempt to turn this team around will not be helped.  Nevertheless ? despite the signing of Moore and the comments of Jackson ? the Warriors could be much better next season.  All it would take is a few different decisions (and yes, that does make it sound far easier than it is).

- DJ
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
Sure...NOW he wants to play for a winner.

Jackson had the opportunity to stay with the Spurs, but chose to pursue ways he could get more credit, and hopefully a bigger payday.  Now that he's signed an extension, and has his money guaranteed, *NOW* it's mostly about winning.

I have a suggestion for him.  Offer the Warriors a ridiculously low buyout of his entire contract.  That would allow him to go where he wants to go, at the salary the team in question is willing to pay for him.

Otherise, Stephen Jackson, COUNT YOUR MONEY AND SHUT YOUR YAP.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:01:33 AM »
Part of the reason the Warriors are not very good is because of Stephen Jackson.  His attitude and forcing of jump shots hurts the team more than anything else I can think of off the top of my head.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 12:01:02 PM »
Sure...NOW he wants to play for a winner.

Jackson had the opportunity to stay with the Spurs, but chose to pursue ways he could get more credit, and hopefully a bigger payday.  Now that he's signed an extension, and has his money guaranteed, *NOW* it's mostly about winning.

I have a suggestion for him.  Offer the Warriors a ridiculously low buyout of his entire contract.  That would allow him to go where he wants to go, at the salary the team in question is willing to pay for him.

Otherise, Stephen Jackson, COUNT YOUR MONEY AND SHUT YOUR YAP.
reverse "a bigger payday" (omit "hopefully") and "more credit" and i concur 100%.  One of the few moves CementOvich got right.  Spurs and Pop offered, SJax turned down. 

Part of the reason the Warriors are not very good is because of Stephen Jackson.  His attitude and forcing of jump shots hurts the team more than anything else I can think of off the top of my head.
If he could just get Gasol and Phil J colluded to his team.
Where was Kobes when SJax was doing this?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=270503009

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »

Oh PJ was colluded to the team?  LOL.  New developments from the Glenn Beck of Phillyarena Sports!

As for your question 'Where was Kobe when SJax was doing this?'  I think he was resting because he dropped 52 on Dallas the night before.  Glad I stopped ignoring you so I can hand you an L again this off season.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 01:29:49 PM »

Oh PJ was colluded to the team?  LOL.  New developments from the Glenn Beck of Phillyarena Sports!

As for your question 'Where was Kobe when SJax was doing this?'  I think he was resting because he dropped 52 on Dallas the night before.  Glad I stopped ignoring you so I can hand you an L again this off season.
Since SJax was droppin his 33 and 7-8 on treys in Game 6 of the playoffs vs Dallas, that pretty much sums up your credibility that Kobes was playing Dallas the night before.

I don't need the ignore feature to ignore you.  ;)
But I'm sure I'll be *owned* again, WoWkoast style. :D :D

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 01:56:22 PM »

Since SJax was droppin his 33 and 7-8 on treys in Game 6 of the playoffs vs Dallas, that pretty much sums up your credibility that Kobes was playing Dallas the night before.

I mixed up May and March, that is all.  Do we really need to compare what Kobe Bryant has done in the playoffs vs Stephen Jackson?  That's what you are trying to get at anyways.  Regardless if I messed up the dates or not (Lakers played Dallas March 2, 2007).  You don't want to play that game.  I suggest you shy away from that debate.  I could just as easily (and be just as corny) by asking what Stephen Jackson was doing the last 2 years when Kobe was playing in the finals. 

You don't ignore me buddy.  Im going through older threads and you responded to me knowing I had you on ignore as if I was going to direclty respond to you.  Guess you can't 'ignore me' with out the ignore feature.  Or at all.  Even when you know I had you on ignore you were trying to talk to me lol
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:01:49 PM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »

I mixed up May and March, that is all.  Do we really need to compare what Kobe Bryant has done in the playoffs vs Stephen Jackson?  That's what you are trying to get at anyways.  Regardless if I messed up the dates or not (Lakers played Dallas March 2, 2007).  You don't want to play that game.  I suggest you shy away from that debate.  I could just as easily (and be just as corny) by asking what Stephen Jackson was doing the last 2 years when Kobe was playing in the finals. 

You don't ignore me buddy.  Im going through older threads and you responded to me knowing I had you on ignore as if I was going to direclty respond to you.  Guess you can't 'ignore me' with out the ignore feature.  Or at all.  Even when you know I had you on ignore you were trying to talk to me lol

The ingore feature rocks except when other posters quote jackarses!  >:(  Nothing has really changed, dumb got dumber!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 08:39:09 PM »
Oh, come on, guys.  Stephen Jackson gives us good material to make fun of him for, and you guys waste it taking irrelevant pot shots at each other and at freakin' Kobe Bryant (as if we're not going to have our semi-weekly "I hate Kobe/Kobe RULZ" threads aplenty during the season)....

This is the ultimate example of "Pay Me!  Thanks.  Now trade me!" and you guys are wasting it arguing with each other, as if you can't come up with good Stephen Jackson jokes.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 12:24:19 AM »
Oh, come on, guys.  Stephen Jackson gives us good material to make fun of him for, and you guys waste it taking irrelevant pot shots at each other and at freakin' Kobe Bryant (as if we're not going to have our semi-weekly "I hate Kobe/Kobe RULZ" threads aplenty during the season)....

This is the ultimate example of "Pay Me!  Thanks.  Now trade me!" and you guys are wasting it arguing with each other, as if you can't come up with good Stephen Jackson jokes.

Come on Joe, are we really discussing Stephen Jackson?  Stephen Jackson? 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"