Author Topic: yahoo says Antonio McD will sign with SA...  (Read 10373 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: yahoo says Antonio McD will sign with SA...
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »
mcdyess is a jump shooting big man at this point in his career.  Not necessarily perimeter, but foul line extended.  In fact, over 40% of his attempts last year were from spot-up jump shots.

Not saying it was.  Was more responding to the comment that it might push Duncan out to the perimeter more.  Wouldn't expect that to happen.
MMMMnyup.  Duncan still the only good bona fide big.
MyDyess is not DRob or the Man from Nazr.

SpursXs, Lurker and Pop may consider Finley and Bonner bonafide good bigs, much to the delight of the Laker Bois.
But they aren't.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 11:49:24 PM »
So how is that different that Kurt Thomas?

It isn't...he should fill the same role.  Thomas got only 17 min a game; McDyess played 30.  I expect pop to aim for 25-27.  But he also averaged 9 boards last year for Detroit.  Besides missing Manu the biggest problem the Spurs had was rebounding.  McDyess fits that nicely.

I don't think we need to worry about as much on the court with McDyess.  (less T's compared to Rasheed) 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2009, 07:36:37 AM »
  (less T's compared to Rasheed) 

I think this was overlooked a lot.  Sheed led the league in Ts last year...and went to the team that was a top 3 in giving away free FTs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2009, 09:38:53 AM »

I think this was overlooked a lot.  Sheed led the league in Ts last year...and went to the team that was a top 3 in giving away free FTs.

So you don't think his range and defense (which is superior to McDyees) doesn't outweight 19 technical fouls?  I'm going to hit you with the SA homer stamp on this one.

A number of those technicals based on this reputation he shed after he got to Detroit.   He's not really as big of a hot head and he is made out to be.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:40:26 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 10:01:51 AM »

So you don't think his range and defense (which is superior to McDyees) doesn't outweight 19 technical fouls?  I'm going to hit you with the SA homer stamp on this one.

A number of those technicals based on this reputation he shed after he got to Detroit.   He's not really as big of a hot head and he is made out to be.

It won't matter WK since SA is going to win the title this year anyway  ;) Sheed can fail in Boston, it will not change anything.   :)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »

It won't matter WK since SA is going to win the title this year anyway  ;) Sheed can fail in Boston, it will not change anything.   :)

Are you guys the Indiana Pacers?  Celebrating a division title like it's a big deal..... :-\

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 12:00:26 PM »

Are you guys the Indiana Pacers?  Celebrating a division title like it's a big deal..... :-\

It's already just like the good ole days.... ;) ;) ;)

Lakers bite it.   :P

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 12:11:48 PM »

You don't "bite" championship champagne! 

Spurs fans...  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 01:23:22 PM »
Grrr.  2001 all over again.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 02:18:13 PM »
Grrr.  2001 all over again.

You guys could join in on the fun if you were better at ish talking!  It's not like the Utah Jazz is a scrub team.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »

You don't "bite" championship champagne! 

Spurs fans...  ::)

So whats the deal with Lamar?  I mean, he would not be dumb enough to leave LALA land, right? 

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2009, 07:11:15 AM »

There are teams that celebrate that stuff?!?

The Spurs felt last year was a disappointment.  Besides LA & Boston, SA is a team that believes success = championship/deep run in playoffs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 07:14:35 AM »

Doesn't matter why he got the techs; he still led the league in getting them.

As far as defense I would say McDyess' is just as good as Sheed's.  And Antonio's rebounding is better than Sheed.  Wallace has become more & more perimeter oriented.  We have perimeter shooters; the Spurs needed interior defense & rebounding.  I would rather have McDyess guard Gasol/Bynum than Wallace.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 08:37:04 AM »

There are teams that celebrate that stuff?!?

The Spurs felt last year was a disappointment.  Besides LA & Boston, SA is a team that believes success = championship/deep run in playoffs.

There are teams that celebrate "deep run in playoffs", the Lakers are NOT one of them.  Lakers success = championship.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 09:37:32 AM »

Doesn't matter why he got the techs; he still led the league in getting them.

As far as defense I would say McDyess' is just as good as Sheed's.  And Antonio's rebounding is better than Sheed.  Wallace has become more & more perimeter oriented.  We have perimeter shooters; the Spurs needed interior defense & rebounding.  I would rather have McDyess guard Gasol/Bynum than Wallace.

Right but they were 19 points over the course of the season....not exactly a huge amount.  What you get in offensive production and defense far makes up for that.  I know you are going to argue that a T in a critical part of a game is worth a lot more than one point but since we don't have any specific games to go by (unless you can think of some) I don't feel the need to bring it up.  That would be playing the 'Well If...' game.  I can't really think of a T he has got in a close game in a while.  He did up in Portland but not since he left to Detroit.

I disagree.  His (McDyees) rebounding is better because hes a stronger guy but as far as man to man defense, I disagree.  Sheed is no slouch when it comes to defending players.   His length really gives a number of players trouble and it helps him close out on shots better than McDyees.