Author Topic: OT: Transformers 2, The Hangover  (Read 1265 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
OT: Transformers 2, The Hangover
« on: June 26, 2009, 04:50:03 PM »
Anyone seen Transformers 2 yet?  I am curious to get the boards reaction to the movie.  On twitter there is a lot of positive feed back from regular people but on web sites it's getting smacked around a bit.  CNN.com specifically had a bad review of it.  I rarely listen to critics when it comes to movies.

The Hangover was pretty funny, a typical guy movie, if you are a fan of Las Vegas or 'guy trips' then you will enjoy it.  Obviously a lot of physical comedy and funny one liners.  Pretty much what you would expect.  I can say the funniest parts of the movie are not in the trailer.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT: Transformers 2, The Hangover
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 09:20:16 PM »
I can say the funniest parts of the movie are not in the trailer.

I can say the funniest parts of the movie are NOT in the movie.

I will probably see Transformers tomorrow early a.m., I've read the reviews and the movie is getting totally TRASHED!  I don't give a flock, I'm going anyway.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 09:57:18 AM »
I can say the funniest parts of the movie are not in the trailer.

I can say the funniest parts of the movie are NOT in the movie.

I will probably see Transformers tomorrow early a.m., I've read the reviews and the movie is getting totally TRASHED!  I don't give a flock, I'm going anyway.

You need a better sense of humor mijo.

Yea the reviews are panning it crazy but when I talk to friends they are like 'It was totally cool and worth seeing'  Though I did have people tell me it's not quite like the first movie but what do you expect?  Obviously a 'fresh' movie concept is not as good as the movies that follow.

Year One was bleh, DVD rental at best.  The movie draaaagggsss in the first part and I came real close to just leaving to walk into a different movie.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:15:32 AM »
Transformers was dumb because they got too silly with some of the Autobots.  If it wasn't for the fantastic fight scenes I would give this film a D.  I did enjoy it but I did catch myself looking around because I lost a little interest in what was happening on the screen.

C+
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"