Author Topic: Thumbs up, or thumbs down on this trade idea  (Read 1625 times)

Offline steelerbomb

• View Profile
Thumbs up, or thumbs down on this trade idea
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:55:23 PM »
  Hi everyone. I was just wondering what everyone here might think of this trade idea of mine. And, would the other team consider it.

Philly sends dalembert & Lou Williams to Indy.

Indy sends us TJ Ford & J.Tinsley.

The salaries match up according to the RealGM trade checker. And even though I know the pacers are sending out 2 PG's in this deal. They would be getting back Williams, and will in all likelyhood till have J.Jack. However, the Pacers according to reports have mentioned Ford in trade talks. And have been trying to dump Tinsley on anyone.

Even though I know some of you might fel dealing Dalembert might be a mistake since we have little center depth. but I disagree. remember, Sam is not happy here, and has been a distraction for a while. I believe a trio of Brand-Speghts and J.Smith could man the center position. And we can always use an exception to bring in another vet big just in case.

All the players except Lou have two years remaining on their deals. Indy actually saves a little money in this rade. While Philly has to deal with Tinsley's attitude, they also get a nice Vet PG in Ford to help ease in Holiday for a couple of years, while still being able to give us some good PG play with our already playoff team.

Dalembert gives Larry bird and his team a legit rebounding and shot-blocking big man, which they need. While getting rid of Tinsley, and saving some loot. Not to mention a very nice young guard in Lou Williams.

Would such a deal Interest anyone here ? And, would both teams consider it ?

Thanks guys :-)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thumbs up, or thumbs down on this trade idea
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »
Just a heads up: for the most part, it's expected that proposed trades with no basis in reality stay on RealGM/Philaphans.  Especially ones that make no sense for either team.  We're giving up talent but not really getting any back, nor any salary relief, and they don't want another undersized PG who's not really a PG.