Author Topic: McHale out  (Read 1389 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
McHale out
« on: June 17, 2009, 11:07:37 AM »
Word has leaked out that McHale is gone.  Apparently it leaked out in modern fashion.  Kevin Love tweeted the news.

Too busy to post much but one wonders if Bill Laimbeers recent departure from the WNBA is related.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: McHale out
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 11:24:54 AM »
He was a better coach than a GM, but it seemed like he didn't want to coach, and they didn't have a place for him elsewhere.  I wonder where he will go. Would have loved for the announcement to have come sooner, so the Sixers could have known he was in play. Even as a consultant, I think teaching his post moves to the Sixers young players would pay huge dividends.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:41:52 AM »
Word has leaked out that McHale is gone.  Apparently it leaked out in modern fashion.  Kevin Love tweeted the news.

Too busy to post much but one wonders if Bill Laimbeers recent departure from the WNBA is related.

LOL I heard that this morning on Dan Patrick's show.  Love it! (Pardon the Pun)
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »
I saw a quote attributed to McHale that said something along the lines of "I wanted to come back, but they didn't offer me a contract.  I told them I think it's a mistake."

Ha!  He wanted to come back because no one else is gonna offer him a job.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41