Author Topic: Shaq to Cleveland  (Read 1289 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Shaq to Cleveland
« on: June 15, 2009, 01:38:39 AM »
Cleveland has confirmed they are in preliminary talks with the Phoenix Suns to pick up the Diesel.  No solid offers have been mentioned but there was rumors that involved Ben Wallace (or at least his contract) and another player.  What is your guys thoughts?  Positives/Negatives?  Is Shaq really what the Cavs are missing?

------------------------------------------------------------

My thought is it would be a much better move for Shaq to be in Cleveland than it was for him to go to Phoenix. I thought the trade to the Suns was bad mainly because it flipped the team dynamic and style upside down.  The Cavs' style of basketball is much better suited for Shaq.  They have a great scorer on the perimeter along with some guys who can knock down shots if given more space.  They also lacked a strong body in the middle to rebound and defend a guy like Dwight Howard or Kevin Garnett.   Still that doesn't mean they win a title with him.  I think he is a bit too old to compete for an entire season and playoffs with some of the younger talent.  With his inflated salary I don't see how it would make sense if the franchise said they wanted to build the team up more.  This would be one of those one season pushes for the title and after that, well, Shaq will be gone.  No doubt in my mind.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Shaq to Cleveland
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:44:01 AM »
Cleveland has confirmed they are in preliminary talks with the Phoenix Suns to pick up the Diesel.  No solid offers have been mentioned but there was rumors that involved Ben Wallace (or at least his contract) and another player.  What is your guys thoughts?  Positives/Negatives?  Is Shaq really what the Cavs are missing?

------------------------------------------------------------

My thought is it would be a much better move for Shaq to be in Cleveland than it was for him to go to Phoenix. I thought the trade to the Suns was bad mainly because it flipped the team dynamic and style upside down.  The Cavs' style of basketball is much better suited for Shaq.  They have a great scorer on the perimeter along with some guys who can knock down shots if given more space.  They also lacked a strong body in the middle to rebound and defend a guy like Dwight Howard or Kevin Garnett.   Still that doesn't mean they win a title with him.  I think he is a bit too old to compete for an entire season and playoffs with some of the younger talent.  With his inflated salary I don't see how it would make sense if the franchise said they wanted to build the team up more.  This would be one of those one season pushes for the title and after that, well, Shaq will be gone.  No doubt in my mind.

The other player named was that shooter guy, I think his name is Sasha Pavlovich or something.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:02:05 PM »
The current story on ESPN says that the Suns are not willing to give Shaq away just to save money, and I'm convinced that it's correct.

I think Phoenix will insist on Cleveland taking the Suns 2009 first round pick in addition to Shaq for Wallace and Pavlovic before they'll agree to the deal....

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 04:50:28 PM »
The current story on ESPN says that the Suns are not willing to give Shaq away just to save money, and I'm convinced that it's correct.

I think Phoenix will insist on Cleveland taking the Suns 2009 first round pick in addition to Shaq for Wallace and Pavlovic before they'll agree to the deal....

Then they are idiots.  Quite frankly they should want to shed that massive contract.  They need to start rebuilding ASAP.  With Nash on his way out and Shaq on his way out it makes very little sense to have that payroll if teams like the Lakers, Jazz, Blazers, Nuggets, Rockets, and Spurs are already better than they are. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 04:54:03 PM »
Then they are idiots.

I think that was already well-established, most notably at the point of giving away two future draft picks to Seattle for the privilege of giving their best defender against Tim Duncan to San Antonio.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!