Author Topic: Magic @ Lakers Finals Game 2. Why do I have a bad feeling?  (Read 2372 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Magic @ Lakers Finals Game 2. Why do I have a bad feeling?
« on: June 07, 2009, 06:53:07 PM »
Is it because the Magic are much better than they showed in game 1?

No, it's because the Lakers keep lowering their intensity and focus when you least expect it.

A combo of both reasons makes me think the Magic leave LA with a split.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Magic @ Lakers Finals Game 2. Why do I have a bad feeling?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 07:03:58 PM »
I say it's round two of the beating.

Not a lot of reason to think that Orlando is going to do a lot better, except for the fact that it's hard to believe they could do worse.  The problem is, and will always be, rebounding.  It's Howard against a mob.  It'll take getting back to Orlando for that to work out any different than Thursday.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 11:12:03 PM »
Whew!!!  That was too close for comfort but the Magic inexperience showed.  Too many TO's for a road game, that's what cost them the game because Lewis and Hedo showed up for the Magic.  Howard is having a very good series despite his lack of scoring.  He's making excellent decisions when he get double teamed.

Goes to show why living by the 3 will eventually catch up to you, when the Magic should have gone to the basket for FT, they were in the penalty early and often, they went for the 3, they didn't settle for the 3 they worked for it and they didn't hit enough of them.

The Lakers did not come out sharp and they were lucky to pull this one out because Lee should have won it in regulation with a point blank shot.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 12:26:11 AM »
Lakers dodged a bullet.  That was Orlando's game and they blew it in crunch time. 

Like Joe said it's Dwight vs Gasol/Bynum/Odom and at times the Lakers perimeter players.  Literally no one else is trying to rebound on every single play.  He's superman not multiple-man.  I don't care how hard you work when it's 3 vs 1 on the glass on a majority of the possession you are going to expend a lot of energy.

I wanted to say it was good that the game was closer this time but the Magic played the same as last game.  The only difference is the Lakers decide to semi-stink it up as well for stretches here and there.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 12:59:44 AM »
Lakers dodged a bullet.  That was Orlando's game and they blew it in crunch time. 

Like Joe said it's Dwight vs Gasol/Bynum/Odom and at times the Lakers perimeter players.  Literally no one else is trying to rebound on every single play.  He's superman not multiple-man.  I don't care how hard you work when it's 3 vs 1 on the glass on a majority of the possession you are going to expend a lot of energy.

I wanted to say it was good that the game was closer this time but the Magic played the same as last game.  The only difference is the Lakers decide to semi-stink it up as well for stretches here and there.

Hedo and Lewis were hitting the open shots they missed in game 1, that was the big difference.  IMO the Lakers were not as sharp as game 1 but their perimeter defense was not that good in game 1 anyway.  Looks like Jameer has destroyed the play of Rafer and I don't think Johnson has got off the bench.  They screwed up by playing Jameer, hopefully for the Magic Jameer will be more of a positive than he has been in LA.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 01:24:23 AM »
Looks to me it was the rebounding by Orlando that kept them in this game.  When J.J. Reddick has more offensive rebounds than Bynum and Gasol combined (1 by Reddick, goose-eggs by Gasol and Bynum), and Rashard Lewis has as many offensive rebounds as your entire team does, you shouldn't win the game.  Fortunately for the Lakers, the Magic combined horrible shooting with tons of turnovers.

I'm actually invited to a friend's place to watch game 3, so I'll actually get to *SEE* the game instead of following it on the 'net.
Joe

-----------

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 10:45:16 AM »
Looks to me it was the rebounding by Orlando that kept them in this game.  When J.J. Reddick has more offensive rebounds than Bynum and Gasol combined (1 by Reddick, goose-eggs by Gasol and Bynum), and Rashard Lewis has as many offensive rebounds as your entire team does, you shouldn't win the game.  Fortunately for the Lakers, the Magic combined horrible shooting with tons of turnovers.

I'm actually invited to a friend's place to watch game 3, so I'll actually get to *SEE* the game instead of following it on the 'net.

The Magic should have won that game but two blown layups by the rookie cost them the game and the series is going to be 10X more difficult for the Magic to win now.  It was funny that Kobe cursed on live TV and it did not get bleeped.  Somebody asked him what went through his mind when he saw Lee going for that game winning lob and Kobe said one word "sh#!".  That was a critical possesion and they get a way better shot than I thought they would.  On the previous possesion Kobe should have passed the ball instead of forcing the shot on 3 defenders but then Kobe would have been criticized for not taking the shot.  Kobe actually got fouled on that last play, Rashard hit Kobe on his left hand and the ball came loose and then Hedo came in for the clean block.  They were not calling those down the stretch so IMO Kobe should have passed to Lamar who was 8-9 that night.  Kobe is dammed if he does and dammed if he don't.  What I don't understand is how Howard got away with blocking Gasols' dunk by sticking his hand through the rim, on the flip that missed shot by Lee could have been called goal tending as well cause Gasol hit the rim and caused it to move, but if Dwight can do it why not Gasol.  ;D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 11:54:39 AM »

The Magic should have won that game but two blown layups by the rookie cost them the game and the series is going to be 10X more difficult for the Magic to win now.  It was funny that Kobe cursed on live TV and it did not get bleeped.  Somebody asked him what went through his mind when he saw Lee going for that game winning lob and Kobe said one word "sh#!".  That was a critical possesion and they get a way better shot than I thought they would.  On the previous possesion Kobe should have passed the ball instead of forcing the shot on 3 defenders but then Kobe would have been criticized for not taking the shot.  Kobe actually got fouled on that last play, Rashard hit Kobe on his left hand and the ball came loose and then Hedo came in for the clean block.  They were not calling those down the stretch so IMO Kobe should have passed to Lamar who was 8-9 that night.  Kobe is dammed if he does and dammed if he don't.  What I don't understand is how Howard got away with blocking Gasols' dunk by sticking his hand through the rim, on the flip that missed shot by Lee could have been called goal tending as well cause Gasol hit the rim and caused it to move, but if Dwight can do it why not Gasol.  ;D

NBA supervisor of officials Bernie Fryer told ESPN.com that if Gasol's hand had shaken the basket, caused the stanchion to move or touched the rim while the ball was on the rim, the correct call would have been goaltending.

But since none of those things happened, according to Fryer, "It was a cut-and-dried no-call."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 11:56:40 AM »
NBA supervisor of officials Bernie Fryer told ESPN.com that if Gasol's hand had shaken the basket, caused the stanchion to move or touched the rim while the ball was on the rim, the correct call would have been goaltending.

But since none of those things happened, according to Fryer, "It was a cut-and-dried no-call."

Oh it happened, even Gasol knew it.  But if putting your hand through the basket and taking the net with you to block a shot, ala Dwight, is NOT goal tending then it didn't really happen.  ;D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 12:07:23 PM »
No t.v. in home by choice or does rural Missouri not have television yet?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 12:08:15 PM »

Oh it happened, even Gasol knew it.  But if putting your hand through the basket and taking the net with you to block a shot, ala Dwight, is NOT goal tending then it didn't really happen.  ;D

Don't shoot the messenger, I was just pasting what the leagues response was.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 12:14:43 PM »
No t.v. in home by choice or does rural Missouri not have television yet?

Construction at my place, and cable isn't hooked up.
Joe

-----------