Author Topic: Shaq talking about joining the Dallas Mavericks...WTF?!?!?!  (Read 1026 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
IMO the Suns have more talent than the Mavs yet they still missed the playoffs.  I think Shaq would be a major upgrade over Damp but I don't know how far that gets the Mavs.  IMO the Mavs are built to win against traditional teams like the Spurs, Jazz, and Rockets, this move would probably help the Mavs in that regard but high scoring teams like the Nuggets and Lakers would still destroy them.

I'd be very interested to see how that move to the Mavs would work out because the Suns experiment has obviously failed for various reasons.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Shaq talking about joining the Dallas Mavericks...WTF?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »
IMO the Suns have more talent than the Mavs yet they still missed the playoffs.  I think Shaq would be a major upgrade over Damp but I don't know how far that gets the Mavs.  IMO the Mavs are built to win against traditional teams like the Spurs, Jazz, and Rockets, this move would probably help the Mavs in that regard but high scoring teams like the Nuggets and Lakers would still destroy them.

I'd be very interested to see how that move to the Mavs would work out because the Suns experiment has obviously failed for various reasons.

I think that this is the perfect fit for the Mavs, and that this would strengthen the Maverick's biggest weakness - no inside offensive game.  They'll be a high-scoring team, so the Lakers and Nuggets certainly can't overlook them;  you can play the same game that Orlando is playing, except that your power forward is a 7-footer who averages double digit rebounds.  The Dallas backcourt is strong if Kidd returns, and Howard is talented, although somewhat flaky. 

And the Suns do have more talent, but it's not talent built to give Shaq operating room.  Grant Hill is still a slasher rather than a shooter, and Stoudemire needs time in the low post to be effective.  Barbosa is an accellerator, which isn't a Shaq-game characteristic, and Richardson is deficient as a post-entry passer. 

I think Shaq makes a better fit in Dallas than in Phoenix.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Shaq talking about joining the Dallas Mavericks...WTF?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »
I think that this is the perfect fit for the Mavs, and that this would strengthen the Maverick's biggest weakness - no inside offensive game.  They'll be a high-scoring team, so the Lakers and Nuggets certainly can't overlook them;  you can play the same game that Orlando is playing, except that your power forward is a 7-footer who averages double digit rebounds.  The Dallas backcourt is strong if Kidd returns, and Howard is talented, although somewhat flaky. 

And the Suns do have more talent, but it's not talent built to give Shaq operating room.  Grant Hill is still a slasher rather than a shooter, and Stoudemire needs time in the low post to be effective.  Barbosa is an accellerator, which isn't a Shaq-game characteristic, and Richardson is deficient as a post-entry passer. 

I think Shaq makes a better fit in Dallas than in Phoenix.

I think it would make the Mavs better against the Lakers now that I think about it but I don't think it helps them vs the Nuggets.  Like I said, I WOULD like to see this happen but why would the Suns do it?  I think Shaq and Damp's contracts expire at the same time so there is no benefit there.

Any "money" guys out there know why the move would help the Suns?  I don't think the Mavs should give up talent like Josh or Dirk so it would have to be a money move.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"