Author Topic: If Lebron were a Laker and Kobe a Cav....  (Read 3612 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
If Lebron were a Laker and Kobe a Cav....
« on: May 28, 2009, 11:46:03 PM »
Which team is better?

No doubt in my mind who is better given what each had/has to work with.
I was gonna do a poll but that's pretty pointless now.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: If Lebron were a Laker and Kobe a Cav....
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 01:21:21 PM »
LA would be better since LeBron is more physical and can force his way inside better.  Kobe could do most of what LeBron does, but I don't think his body could take the pounding going inside.  People don't like to take a charge from LeBron but Kobe isn't nearly as physically imposing.

Also LA has a better surrounding cast.  Gasol is much better than Z, and Bynum or Odom much better that Varajo.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 01:36:07 PM »
LA would be better since LeBron is more physical and can force his way inside better.  Kobe could do most of what LeBron does, but I don't think his body could take the pounding going inside.  People don't like to take a charge from LeBron but Kobe isn't nearly as physically imposing.

Also LA has a better surrounding cast.  Gasol is much better than Z, and Bynum or Odom much better that Varajo.

I don't know where you get this utter BS about nobody wanting to take a charge on LeBron, people take charges from Dwight and Shaq, you think LeBron is any more imposing?  SILLY!

IMO LeBron would be worse in LA because the team is not designed for his strengths.  The Lakers do not have shooters to space the floor, as evident in the last two series, so LeBron would find the paint shut down to his drives.  He would have to rely on his outside shooting and obviously Kobe is superior in that department.  The way the Lakers are built you need a solid mid range game.

Kobe would not do as well with the Cav either because the Cavs don't have an inside presence and they would be strictly a perimeter team since Kobe is less of a slasher now.  There would be nobody for Kobe to play inside/out or vice versa with so he would probably be extreemly perimeter oriented.  LeBron offsets their outside shooting big men by scoring in the paint a lot so he's better off there.

So switching their entire teams does not do them much good but moving just one or two key pieces from the Lakers to the Cavs would make LeBron a lock for a ring BUT the reverse it NOT true, moving some pieces from the Cavs to the Lakers would not help Kobe at all.  The problem is the Lakers have the talent but no desire and Cavs have all the desire but not the talent.  Put the Cavs desire into the Lakers talent and they cake walk to a ring, put the Lakers talent into the Cavs desire and they cake walk to a ring as well.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 01:43:28 PM »

I don't know where you get this utter BS about nobody wanting to take a charge on LeBron, people take charges from Dwight and Shaq, you think LeBron is any more imposing?  SILLY!

IMO LeBron would be worse in LA because the team is not designed for his strengths.  The Lakers do not have shooters to space the floor, as evident in the last two series, so LeBron would find the paint shut down to his drives.  He would have to rely on his outside shooting and obviously Kobe is superior in that department.  The way the Lakers are built you need a solid mid range game.

Kobe would not do as well with the Cav either because the Cavs don't have an inside presence and they would be strictly a perimeter team since Kobe is less of a slasher now.  There would be nobody for Kobe to play inside/out or vice versa with so he would probably be extreemly perimeter oriented.  LeBron offsets their outside shooting big men by scoring in the paint a lot so he's better off there.

So switching their entire teams does not do them much good but moving just one or two key pieces from the Lakers to the Cavs would make LeBron a lock for a ring BUT the reverse it NOT true, moving some pieces from the Cavs to the Lakers would not help Kobe at all.  The problem is the Lakers have the talent but no desire and Cavs have all the desire but not the talent.  Put the Cavs desire into the Lakers talent and they cake walk to a ring, put the Lakers talent into the Cavs desire and they cake walk to a ring as well.

Good answer WOW.

Except I would disagree with this statement:
moving some pieces from the Cavs to the Lakers would not help Kobe at all

Mo Williams is an upgrade to any PG on the Lakers roster.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 02:37:40 PM »

When did you ever see anyone take a charge from Shaq or Howard?  NEVER!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »

Good answer WOW.

Mo Williams wouldn't be Mo Williams on the Lakers due to what is asked of the point guard position.  Mo is much better with the ball in his hands than he is a catch and shoot type of guy.  Passing ability in the triangle is not quite as important at that position as it is the ability to be effective catching and shooting.

Derek Fisher is a good leader and a good spot up shooter which is why his height gets looked over by PJ.  Phil Jackson likes bigger guards  I'd take a younger Fisher over the current Mo Williams personally.  Right now switching a younger player for the i-look-to-be-losing-my-marbles-due-to-age Fisher would be an improvement.      If you notice over the years PJ tends to like bigger guards better like Ron Harper and even more recently Shannon Brown.

WOW excellent post btw!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:48:42 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 02:53:09 PM »

Good answer WOW.

Right now switching a younger player for the i-look-to-be-losing-my-marbles-due-to-age Fisher would be an improvement.     

That's my point.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 03:25:40 PM »

Good answer WOW.

Right now switching a younger player for the i-look-to-be-losing-my-marbles-due-to-age Fisher would be an improvement.     

That's my point.

I dunno Lurker, I don't have any more faith in Mo Williams decision making than I do Derek Fishers.  Even if he seems to be going basketball senile.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »

Good answer WOW.

That's my point.

I dunno Lurker, I don't have any more faith in Mo Williams decision making than I do Derek Fishers.  Even if he seems to be going basketball senile.

But during critical parts of the game they don't make the decisions.  Whether they are in Cleveland or LA.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 03:36:27 PM »
When did you ever see anyone take a charge from Shaq or Howard?  NEVER!

Kings did it all the time to Shaq.  It really is silly to think people don't want to take charges from LeBron but they will from Kobe.  Useless argument.  Laker hate causes blindness!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 03:37:14 PM »

I thought Mo was the 2 and Dante was the 1.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2009, 04:19:50 PM »

Good answer WOW.

That's my point.
Lurker do you and burntoast have to use the entire quote to add one line?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »

Mo should actually play the 1 because he's way too undersized to be playing the 2.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »

Good answer WOW.

That's my point.
Lurker do you and burntoast have to use the entire quote to add one line?

It still uses less bandwidth than stupid, off topic pictures.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 04:37:36 PM »

So replace Mo with Dante and the statement is still true.
-Moody Blues