Author Topic: If Lebron were a Laker and Kobe a Cav....  (Read 3611 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: If Lebron were a Laker and Kobe a Cav....
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »
LA would be better since LeBron is more physical and can force his way inside better.  Kobe could do most of what LeBron does, but I don't think his body could take the pounding going inside.  People don't like to take a charge from LeBron but Kobe isn't nearly as physically imposing.

Also LA has a better surrounding cast.  Gasol is much better than Z, and Bynum or Odom much better that Varajo.

I don't know where you get this utter BS about nobody wanting to take a charge on LeBron, people take charges from Dwight and Shaq, you think LeBron is any more imposing?  SILLY!

IMO LeBron would be worse in LA because the team is not designed for his strengths.  The Lakers do not have shooters to space the floor, as evident in the last two series, so LeBron would find the paint shut down to his drives.  He would have to rely on his outside shooting and obviously Kobe is superior in that department.  The way the Lakers are built you need a solid mid range game.

Kobe would not do as well with the Cav either because the Cavs don't have an inside presence and they would be strictly a perimeter team since Kobe is less of a slasher now.  There would be nobody for Kobe to play inside/out or vice versa with so he would probably be extreemly perimeter oriented.  LeBron offsets their outside shooting big men by scoring in the paint a lot so he's better off there.

So switching their entire teams does not do them much good but moving just one or two key pieces from the Lakers to the Cavs would make LeBron a lock for a ring BUT the reverse it NOT true, moving some pieces from the Cavs to the Lakers would not help Kobe at all.  The problem is the Lakers have the talent but no desire and Cavs have all the desire but not the talent.  Put the Cavs desire into the Lakers talent and they cake walk to a ring, put the Lakers talent into the Cavs desire and they cake walk to a ring as well.

Good answer WOW.

Except I would disagree with this statement:
moving some pieces from the Cavs to the Lakers would not help Kobe at all

Mo Williams is an upgrade to any PG on the Lakers roster.
Right now switching a younger player for the i-look-to-be-losing-my-marbles-due-to-age Fisher would be an improvement.     

That's my point.
Lurker do you and burntoast have to use the entire quote to add one line?

It still uses less bandwidth than stupid, off topic pictures.

I have him ignored but wow....I LOVE THIS IGNORE FEATURE!  I don't have to listen to a guy who hasn't figured out the quote function in 4 years talk about other people using the quote function how it typically works in a thread on MOST message boards.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 05:09:02 PM »
When did you ever see anyone take a charge from Shaq or Howard?  NEVER!

Joel Przybilla does it regularly against both, and Sabonis did it against Shaq, and Vlade' did it against Shaq.  I am sure their are lots of others.  Robert Horry would have done it to Howard at some point I am sure.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »
LA would be better since LeBron is more physical and can force his way inside better.  Kobe could do most of what LeBron does, but I don't think his body could take the pounding going inside.  People don't like to take a charge from LeBron but Kobe isn't nearly as physically imposing.

Also LA has a better surrounding cast.  Gasol is much better than Z, and Bynum or Odom much better that Varajo.

I don't know where you get this utter BS about nobody wanting to take a charge on LeBron, people take charges from Dwight and Shaq, you think LeBron is any more imposing?  SILLY!

IMO LeBron would be worse in LA because the team is not designed for his strengths.  The Lakers do not have shooters to space the floor, as evident in the last two series, so LeBron would find the paint shut down to his drives.  He would have to rely on his outside shooting and obviously Kobe is superior in that department.  The way the Lakers are built you need a solid mid range game.

Kobe would not do as well with the Cav either because the Cavs don't have an inside presence and they would be strictly a perimeter team since Kobe is less of a slasher now.  There would be nobody for Kobe to play inside/out or vice versa with so he would probably be extreemly perimeter oriented.  LeBron offsets their outside shooting big men by scoring in the paint a lot so he's better off there.

So switching their entire teams does not do them much good but moving just one or two key pieces from the Lakers to the Cavs would make LeBron a lock for a ring BUT the reverse it NOT true, moving some pieces from the Cavs to the Lakers would not help Kobe at all.  The problem is the Lakers have the talent but no desire and Cavs have all the desire but not the talent.  Put the Cavs desire into the Lakers talent and they cake walk to a ring, put the Lakers talent into the Cavs desire and they cake walk to a ring as well.

Good answer WOW.

Except I would disagree with this statement:
moving some pieces from the Cavs to the Lakers would not help Kobe at all

Right now switching a younger player for the i-look-to-be-losing-my-marbles-due-to-age Fisher would be an improvement.     

That's my point.
Lurker do you and burntoast have to use the entire quote to add one line?

It still uses less bandwidth than stupid, off topic pictures.
So you did choose to look at the pictures of Carrie Prejean.
Okay lurker your wife is not looking over your shoulder now, what did you really think of them?

Just kidding.  Unbunch.
I got ol B-Rad out of his psuedo "ignore" anyways.  ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 01:02:30 AM »
I have him ignored but wow....I LOVE THIS IGNORE FEATURE! 

;D

I don't have to listen to a guy who hasn't figured out the quote function in 4 years talk about other people using the quote function how it typically works in a thread on MOST message boards.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 01:06:59 AM »

I thought Mo was the 2 and Dante was the 1.

So replace Mo with Dante and the statement is still true.

That's probably true, D Fish is actually hurting the Lakers right now.  His defense is not there, his out side shot has disappeared, and his turn overs are going up.  I like Brown a lot better right now and Farmar is still a solid backup despite his boneheaded plays sometimes.  I think D-Fish hangs them up after this year but I'm not sure who starts in his place since a case could be made for both Brown and Farmar.  I think I would prefer Brown off the bench because Farmar will make fewer mistakes if Kobe and Gasol are on the court and Brown's engergy is needed off the bench.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"