Author Topic: OH EM GEE !!! The Cavs just booked their ticket to the Finals.  (Read 4059 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OH EM GEE !!! The Cavs just booked their ticket to the Finals.
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 04:16:36 PM »
If there was any collusion going on, the league would not have allowed the Cavs to go down 3-1 in the series.  If they did, there would be way too many bad calls for there not to be an investigation.  Don't forget the NBA had the Govt. side with them in the Donaghey(sp?) case. If the league tried to influence the outcome of games the league would loose all credibility with everyone and subject to the RICO act!

It's stupid to think the NBA would risk it's success by trying to decide who should be in the finals.  The games ARE entertaining because of the uncertainty. 

Most teams are out of the playoffs by now, but fans are still watching to see which team wins. Everyone has their favorites, but that doesn't matter, and neither do the shoe contracts or commercials, or for that matter, the people who bet the games!

I just love how everyone is going out of their way to make excuses for the Cavaliers.  LeBron this, LeBron that. He's one player and he doesn't have a great outside shot.  He's surrounded by players with limited ability and no balls!  His team is getting outplayed consistently by a better team, a deeper team with more talent and discipline.

Orlando has met every challenge facing them and come out on top. If any team is the team of destiny this year, it's the Magic. Their number 1 point guard went down mid-season and they're still in it.

LeBron is a great player, but I'd take Lewis, Turk and Howard over him any day. I'd say the same thing about Kobe vs. them as well.

Orlando is going to the finals. The Cavs aren't close to being good enough to win a 7 game series against the Magic.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 04:39:10 PM »

LeBron is a great player, but I'd take Lewis, Turk and Howard over him any day. I'd say the same thing about Kobe vs. them as well.

Maybe Howard.  But Turk & Lewis?  You just blew any chance someone would take this post seriously.  Switch Turk & James and tell me you honestly believe Turkoglu would have led the Cavs into the ECF.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 04:55:46 PM »
It's stupid to think the NBA would risk it's success by trying to decide who should be in the finals.  The games ARE entertaining because of the uncertainty. 

Truer words have never been typed on this board. 

I just love how everyone is going out of their way to make excuses for the Cavaliers.  LeBron this, LeBron that. He's one player and he doesn't have a great outside shot.  He's surrounded by players with limited ability and no balls!  His team is getting outplayed consistently by a better team, a deeper team with more talent and discipline.

I don't think everyone's making excuses for Cleveland.  Orlando certainly deserves credit for being up 3-1, but three of the four games were decided by last second shots.  This series could just as easily be 3-1 Cleveland right now.  So kudos to Orlando, but to say they've completely outplayed Cleveland is a bit of a stretch considering how close each game has been. 

Yes, three all stars are better than one, I agree.  But in LeBron's case I might not take two for one ... it would have to be all three for sure. 

Orlando is going to the finals. The Cavs aren't close to being good enough to win a 7 game series against the Magic.

It looks like Orlando will go to the finals at this point and they certainly deserve it.  But again, to say the Cavs "aren't close to being good enough" seems kind of bizarre given three of  the games were decided by 1 or 2 points.  I'd say these teams are extremely close and if anything the fact that LeBron is almost single handedly beating Orlando who has three legit all star caliber players doesn't bode well for Orlando should they meet the Nuggs or the Lakers in the Finals. 

I think Cleveland wins tonight and who knows what can happen after that.  I would not be surprised at all to see Cleveland tie the series at 3-3 given the closeness of the games up to this point.  Remember these games have been close with LeBron getting no help.  Mo Williams or Boobie Gibson, or Delante West even remotely step up and it's a different series.  Mo Williams is so bad right now people in Cleveland have started calling him Sasha!  :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »
You know, it takes a very big man to say that Stern will influence a series for an MVP-type player, and still admit to being a Laker fan.

It's not that I disagree...it's just that it sounds funny coming from someone who may likely be facing that same criticism from another team's fan.

It's not like the Clippers or Kings or Mavericks get lots of help from the league office.

FYI Joe:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm

Main Entry: sar?casm 
Pronunciation: \ˈs?r-ˌka-zəm\
Function: noun
Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut
Date: 1550
1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain
2 a: a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b: the use or language of sarcasm

I'm not dolphin safe.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 07:16:45 PM »

Maybe Howard.  But Turk & Lewis?  You just blew any chance someone would take this post seriously.  Switch Turk & James and tell me you honestly believe Turkoglu would have led the Cavs into the ECF.

You misunderstand.  I mean the three of them together.