Author Topic: Lakers vs Nuggets - Thuggets fo life!!!!  (Read 6030 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lakers vs Nuggets - Thuggets fo life!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 02:48:49 PM »
Yes B-Rad, break it down for us how the undersized Nuggets front line did against the superior Laker front line in Game 1.

LOL @ your lame attempt to twist everyone's point that the LAKERS (the team) are bigger than the Nuggets.

How about 17 offensive rebounds to 7 that led to 22 second chance points.  Had the Lakers not done so well on second chance points they would have lost seeing as they shot 41 % and the Nuggets at 48%.  Pau Gasol got almost as many offensive rebounds himself (6) as the entire Denver team did (7).

Wow that was easy.  Do you want me to continue to smack you around in this thread?  That was with Bynum in foul trouble as well.

Where did i get the idea that *everyones* point of the LAKERS being bigger then the Nuggetts?  Where did i *twist* that from?  Heeeres a couple sources:

B-Rad
K-Mart being physical doesn't mean he scores in the paint on the regular....I never said anything about their strength in the post.  I talked about their inability to deal with height, not strength.
  and heres another: 
He is also undersized which comes back to my point that I don't think they can deal with the Lakers height.

And lets not forget LakerDunce Dan (bolding and underlining the word "size" mine  ;) 
I said it before and I will say it again, The Nuggets are a paper tiger. Nene has ZERO chance of impacting LA in the paint and while Martin is a thuggish beast, he is only a 6'9" beast and that is not enough for LA's front court, in fact, he is the only one remotely capable of defense against LA's size and they have no one to match LA's guard speed. Anthony isn't called MarshMelo for no reason, he is punk soft and will have trouble banging in the paint with the likes of Trevor and Bynum and if Odom will man up, not be intimidated by Martin's presence down low and drive the lane and display his James Wothyesque moves around the basket, Denver will be reeling by halftime every game. Their only hope is a perimeter, I say bring it on!

Contrasted with the facts:
17 offensive boards for the Lakers frontline?  Not quite B-Rad, as Kobme and Swisher combined for 4.  That lowers it to 13.
Nuggets only had 7 true.  But 6 of those 7 were by the frontline.
So it's 13 to 6.  Still a double + 1.  Which you think offsets the Nuggets frontlilne performance of:

14-20 (4-5 only treys taken by Mello)
7-14
6-9
2-4
total:

29-47 for 62%.  Treys included gives an adjusted fga of above 70%
rrrrrrrrrraaaaaaagh you and Laker Dunce Dan really got your prognastication validated last night. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
"This user is currently ignored."

:D

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 03:00:18 PM »
I never needed an ignore button to ignore you.
 :D

Nice skirt off tho.  ;)

Realowned.