Author Topic: Will "The Heart of a Champion" ride again?  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Will "The Heart of a Champion" ride again?
« on: May 15, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »

msc
I would be worried about Sunday, but I've learned here over the years from some very knowledgeable basketball fans that there is a NBA conspiracy to make sure the Lakers win, so I'm not worried in the least.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:36:15 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will "The Heart of a Champion" ride again?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »

I would be worried about Sunday, but I've learned here over the years from some very knowledgeable basketball fans that there is a NBA conspiracy to make sure the Lakers win, so I'm not worried in the least.

I wish your parents hugged you more as a child.  You seek attention on a message board of 8 people way too much for this not to be the case.  Did you really need to make another thread when we have so many about the Lakers?  You couldn't take the picture you spent 30+ minutes on in any of the 3 other topics about the Lakers?

Here you go Reality, here is the attention you so desperately seek.  Let us all know when you want to talk basketball instead of play photoshop boy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:17:40 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 03:10:13 PM »
Thanks FRAN*.

Woops, those words were supposed to be edited out.  Sorry, will redo.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 03:58:40 PM »
LA Times-LA Laker writer for 10 years until he joined ESPN in 2007, J.A. Adande quote:

SportsNation J.A. Adande: "But with so much at stake financially, I seriously wonder how the game will be officiated on Sunday. The biggest shame would be if the refs hand Game 7 to the Lakers. What's even worse is that's what everyone expects to happen."
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26454

Wow!  I'm in near disbelief ESPN-Lakers allowed this to be posted.  Should J.A. fear for his life?  WayOutWest are you, koastie, LakerFanDan, Randy, Cousin Lurker et al stalking him?
msc has he gone conspiracy mad crazy?  Was he ex communicated from the LA Times-Lakers or did he leave on good terms?
http://www.latimes.com/sports/columnists/la-columnist-jadande,1,2205741.columnist

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:42:06 AM »
It's apparent that the refs have affected the outcome of some games already during these playoffs.  But whether it was intentional or simply a matter of incompetence is not clear. Without Yao, Houston will be much less of a finals draw, but the NBA doesn't need a Kobe/LeBron showdown to ensure interest in the finals. It was just the most obvious contest between two of the NBA's best and their teams.

The problem is, it doesn't look like the Lakers are the best team in their conference. They did during the regular season, but against Houston they look like they're getting all they can handle.  Even in the East where Cleveland is waiting for the winner of Orlando/Boston everyone has anointed the Cavs the winners. 

I don't think it would be that much of an upset for Orlando to take Cleveland in a series. They certainly destroyed the Cavs in their last regular-season match-up.

The NBA is better served by not trying to manipulate the playoffs. You don't manufacture stars, you let their play in the playoffs establish who they are.  Would an Orlando/Denver matchup be less exciting basketball? Not from what I've seen.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 12:45:20 PM »
Would an Orlando/Denver matchup be less exciting basketball? Not from what I've seen.

It would be horrible, I would hate to see such an incompetent team like the Magic 'luck' their way into the Finals.  The general public and casual b-ball fan doesn't think much of them either, if you check the TV ratings, the ONLY teams that draw interest have been the Lakers and Celtics.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 01:06:54 PM »
Lakers got their boi for Game 7.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2009, 01:16:37 PM »
Would an Orlando/Denver matchup be less exciting basketball? Not from what I've seen.

It would be horrible, I would hate to see such an incompetent team like the Magic 'luck' their way into the Finals.  The general public and casual b-ball fan doesn't think much of them either, if you check the TV ratings, the ONLY teams that draw interest have been the Lakers and Celtics.

The Magic don't look any more incompetent than the Lakers. How do you know that it's not Houston and Orlando fans that are boosting the ratings? Dwight Howard is becoming as big a draw as Kobe. As soon as Cleveland gets into games they can loose, LeBron's ratings will go up.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2009, 04:46:05 PM »
I love it.

Reality, you sir are a moron.  It's awesome when you prove it yourself.  Thanks.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2009, 08:18:53 PM »
The Magic don't look any more incompetent than the Lakers. How do you know that it's not Houston and Orlando fans that are boosting the ratings? Dwight Howard is becoming as big a draw as Kobe. As soon as Cleveland gets into games they can loose, LeBron's ratings will go up.

The Lakers look like they lack the effort/desire/heart whatever you want to call it, but they are not playing incredibly dumb like the Magic.  The Magic are playing with heart but no brains.

The Lakers and Celtics have cracked the top 10 in TV ratings in both rounds, THAT'S how I know it's not Houston or Magic fans.  It's not too hard to figure out actually, just look at the ratings, it would be silly to think the Magic and Rocket fans are boosting the ratings for the Lakers and Celtics in round 1.  Dwight Howard is nowhere near the draw that Kobe and the Lakers are, just look at how many arena's were sold out when the Lakers came to town this year and last year.  Just look at the TV ratings and you will realize how silly that comment sounds.  LeBron is a huge draw as well but their games have not draw much of an audience, Cleveland is just not the market that LA and Boston appear to be.  It's not opinion, or hating, it's just numbers.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2009, 08:19:28 PM »
I love it.

Reality, you sir are a moron.  It's awesome when you prove it yourself.  Thanks.

I didn't know you were in the "hugs" business wk.....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »
I love it.

I didn't know you were in the "hugs" business wk.....

I know when you Mexicans get a few Tecates in you the Machismo fades and hugs come about but I can't help ya out.