Author Topic: Lakers are a bunch of "kittens".  (Read 3433 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lakers are a bunch of "kittens".
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »
"Big soft Europunk" that gets more offensive rebounds than the entire opposition in Game 7.  20 point and 18 boards.

Tell you what, WayOut - send that big, soft Europunk to Denver for a tough player like Nene, or the Rockets for a tough Luis Scola.  Those teams would make that deal in a HEARTBEAT.

Euro guys are typically much more skilled than their American counter parts BUT that doesn't change the fact that he is a big soft Euro punk!  IMO Gasoft is the most talented offensive PF in the league, only TD's defense makes him superior overall.  Gasol may not have Dirk's range but he has decent range, great foot work, decent ball handling skills, superior passing skills, good rebounding skills and a polished inside game which put all together make him more talented than Dirk.  STILL, I can't tell you how mad I get when I see Gasol let a small guy just glide on by to the hoop while Gasol takes a "royal highness wave" shot block attempt.  He cannot rebound in traffic and he lets guys push him around.

I would not trade Gasol for any PF in the league, including TD (age), but that doesn't change the fact that he is a soft Euro punk!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lakers are a bunch of "kittens".
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »
"Big soft Europunk" that gets more offensive rebounds than the entire opposition in Game 7.  20 point and 18 boards.

Tell you what, WayOut - send that big, soft Europunk to Denver for a tough player like Nene, or the Rockets for a tough Luis Scola.  Those teams would make that deal in a HEARTBEAT.

Euro guys are typically much more skilled than their American counter parts BUT that doesn't change the fact that he is a big soft Euro punk!  IMO Gasoft is the most talented offensive PF in the league, only TD's defense makes him superior overall.  Gasol may not have Dirk's range but he has decent range, great foot work, decent ball handling skills, superior passing skills, good rebounding skills and a polished inside game which put all together make him more talented than Dirk.  STILL, I can't tell you how mad I get when I see Gasol let a small guy just glide on by to the hoop while Gasol takes a "royal highness wave" shot block attempt.  He cannot rebound in traffic and he lets guys push him around.

I would not trade Gasol for any PF in the league, including TD (age), but that doesn't change the fact that he is a soft Euro punk!

Someone might argue its his build.  He is a stick figure with no real muscle mass.  The problem with that is sometimes this guy will block shots, bang in the paint, and rebound in traffic.  I've seen him do it plenty of times.  Any time he snags more than 15 rebounds he is doing that.  Problem is he doesn't do it for a bunch of games in a row.  I think it's because physically he can't.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com