Author Topic: Game 6: Sixers vs. Magic: What will you break if we don't win this one?  (Read 5653 times)

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Game 6: Sixers vs. Magic: What will you break if we don't win this one?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 09:33:24 PM »
Looks like another busy summer lies ahead for Stefanski...

I don't know how he can really improve us.  We are owned by the cap and  no one is taking on our garbage.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 09:37:45 PM »
Dileo needs to head back to the front office.  This team needs a better coach. We need a couple of guards and another big man in order to compete. Brand would have helped, IMO but not enough.

I'm not blaming DiLeo.  He got this team to play 5 games over .500 during the season with next to no talent.  He has a PG who's not even good enough defensively to stop JJ Redick.  His guards not named Andre are Willie Green, Royal Ivey, Lou Williams, and Kareem Rush.  He has no players on his bench between 6'5 and 6'9 to guard SG/SFs when Iggy or Thad need a break.  His big men are Sammy D, Reggie Evans, Theo Ratliff, Donyell Marshall, and Mo Speights.  He's not the one who came out totally flat tonight, and blaming a coach for a team coming out flat is just scapegoating.

Now, I'm not saying that DiLeo has been good, but be careful what you wish for.  He's been passable as a coach, which is better than most in the NBA.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »
Dileo decided to double Lewis in the post, and leave Alston and Reddick wide open.  Really questionable 'adjustment.'

Won't pin the entire loss on DiLeo, but far from his finest moment.  Ironically, game 1-5 they played some of their best team defense, after being a joke on defense all year for both Mo and DiLeo.

Next year will be more enjoyable.  At least I wont be expecting a 50 win season and good chemistry.  As a fan this year has been as painful as the last AI seasons.