Author Topic: Jacoby is at it again.  (Read 1098 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Jacoby is at it again.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »
zig,

Sweet sweep by Boston and good to see Elsbury find his swing again.

Its old news, i did not post it because i was waiting to see what kinds of response(s) Dabods would get....
Anywho, the NYYankee **home run** allowed vs Cleveland in which the new instant replay access rule was utlilzed.  Did you see it?  Cleve was up 3-2 in 7th and inserted defensive ace Trevor Crowe in right field.  Posada launches a high fly to right.  Crowe times his jump perfectly, goes up for ball.  Not one but two Skankee fans reach over the fence, one colliding and blocking Crowes glove from getting a shot at the ball.  Replay is crystal clear.  Now mind you one cannot tell if Crowe would have won the "jump ball".  But he surely would have had a shot at it.  To me that is clearly fan interference. 

8 minutes go by, umps come out and do nothing, allow phony HR.  4-3 Skunks, they went on to add a few more in the 9th and win.
Instant replay is only as good (or bad) as the ones running it.  :(

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Jacoby is at it again.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:04:11 PM »
I heard on the radio that there are some design flaws with the Yankee staduim that is allowing too many home runs.  They say it might be something like air currents carrying the ball further out than normal.  I don't know if they were joking or not but there was a suggetion of keeping the balls in climate controlled areas so they are heavier or even dunking the balls in water to make them heavier.

Funny stuff.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"