Author Topic: Andre Iguodala: Top 10 player in the NBA?  (Read 4713 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Andre Iguodala: Top 10 player in the NBA?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
I don't think "by position" is a good measure.  by that metric milsap is the 3rd best pf, lamarcus Aldridge is the 2nd best pf, and dre miller is the 3rd best pg. 

I think that measure is about as accurate as you can get, considering it is measuring both defense and offense at the position.  If Lamarcus Aldridge is beating his opponent most nights then he is the 3rd best PF.

I'd rather have a player who can play defense on one end and then go score on the other end if I can.  And, if my whole team has players who consistently outperform their opponents, then I think that team has a good chance of winning most nights.

I like that stat because it shows by which position teams are weak and by which position are they better than the league average. It shows by position where the team should be trying for additional help. Ity also shows what it takes to win a title, since whichever team eventually wins, it will reveal what level of quality you need to have by position in order to win.

Whether Andre is a top 10 player or not, isn't a real concern.  What is of concern is, is he a good enough Small Forward to win us a championship in tandem with other quality players?  It seems that he is, and he is far from being the weakest link on the Sixers, meaning the other positions should be addressed first.