Author Topic: Spurs 3-0  (Read 3987 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« on: April 23, 2004, 01:19:30 AM »
Spursies i only got to see the last 6 minutes.

What was Bruce Bowen thinking?  1st off i was less then thrilled with the Spurs allowing the 3.6 seconds inbounds pass to go straight up to half court.  Then Bowen has a choice to force Miller down the sideline of let him cross over to the middle of the court.  Bowen chooses middle.  Maybe he was expecting help?  Whatever the case Mike Miller got three huge steps, planted his feet securely and got off a clean look 25-26 footer that simply missed.  Bowen was not even close to hassling him on the attempt nor were any other Spurs.  What is up with that?  :huh:

The Bowen FTA airball  :lol:  :huh:

Beyond that its another win against a Mighty Midwest opponent on their court for the 3-0 lead.  Great to see Turkey get his stroke back, 4-6 on threebies altho he missed a big one with 3 minutes left.  No problem, Bob Horry with the O rebound, one of 12 boards on the night for Uncle Bob.  Also loved the charge Horry took on Battier with 1:17 left that he got burned on by the refs for the blocking foul.
And the assist to TDunker for the jam.  Sweet.

GNob is still who i want at the line with the game up for grabs.  So props to the Spurs for getting GNob the ball both times in the last :30.

Malik seems to be back in the doghouse or is it just that Bob Horry is playing so well?  And bring out TRex even if its just for a few minutes Pop.

Jerry West can't be too thrilled with White Chocolates dumb arsed showboating behind the back botched dribble.  Also did you catch the camera shot of Hubie after Chocolates 26 ft miss with 3 minutes?  Nonetheless Choc came up the floor shortly thereafter and drilled a 3.

Randy what is up with the Spurs getting 30-19 advantage on Memphis court and trailing most of the 1st three qtrs?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 01:25:23 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 08:00:19 AM »
I figured that we would lose.  it was gonna be a tough game, tough atmosphere, just overall tough going in there for the first ever playoff game, COY, hungry young fans, etc.  I AM glad i was wrong on THAT prediction.  "white hershey" shooting the ball was the best man, i was like, "yeah let him shoot it!"  looked like he was back in sacremento again.  LOL.

a win is a win, i dont know if memphis will come out with too much fight or not sunday, they should know that nobody comes back to win a 3-0 deficit, nobody.  hopefully we can put it away sunday, but you never know what will happen when a team has it's back to the wall...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 09:53:45 AM »
Pretty good game to watch last night.  Grizz came with alot of energy and looked like they had a shot to win last night but that tough Spurs d and their playoff expierence killed em in the long run.  Not that we all weren't expecting the Spurs to knock em around.  They tried.  They learned.  Now they get to go home sunday night for the summer.

After watching these last few playoff games ive come to realize that its not that the other PGs in the league (::cough fish/payton cough::) have lost all their defensive ability....Parker is just too good at being able to get in the paint.  He's so good at it that he makes the defensive player look like they've never guarded a 1 in the league before.  I was very impressed with how he just ripped the guts out of the Grizz defense.  Although if these defenders paid much attention they would realize he loves to pass out to open players behind the arc in the corners or he goes for that little floater 75% of the time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 09:55:38 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_spursfan101

Spurs 3-0
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 10:23:10 AM »
Chalk that win up to luck.  I saw visions of Marbury and a Rockets Horry burying another 3.

Guest_Randy

Spurs 3-0
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 04:16:03 PM »
Randy what is up with the Spurs getting 30-19 advantage on Memphis court and trailing most of the 1st three qtrs?

Like most of the time, I have no idea what you are talking about.  I was out-of-town in meetings so I didn't see the game.  I really wanted to see the Grizz win this game -- mainly for their young fragile egos for next year.  They did get the game close -- and the Grizz really don't have the talent to be on the same floor as the Spurs do.  I don't think game 4 is this close.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 04:45:36 PM »

Like most of the time, I have no idea what you are talking about.
That's a relief.  Well, "30-19 at the line" represents the foul line.  That is the place Kobme goes whether he is fouled or not, oftimes 17-18 times per game.  

"On Memphis court" would signify a home game for Memphis.  Altho none of us non Lakers like it, more often then not when a team is home they get at least a partial advantage of home cookin reffing.  This does not apply to the Lakers being on the road.

"..trailing most of the 1st 3 qrts."  Oftentime when a team is behind they foul more then the leading team, due to overaggressive defense trying to catch up.  Laker posters use this to explain their hefty freethrow advantage.  However, in games where the Lakers trail most of the contest yet still have a massive FT advantage, other excuses are utilized.  "Shaq is so great, Kobme is unguardable", ___ insert other here.

What i was being objective as usual about is that in spite of the Spurs being on the road, trailing most of the 1st three qtrs (certainly the 1st half), they ended with a 30-19 advantage.  I did not see the entire game so was open to the possibility that Memph got hosed in the calls dept.  No Tim Duncan worship.  No GNob posters.  No incense.  No juice.  No rrrrraaaaagh it must have been the Spurs ___ ____.

It's possible you too may someday acknowledge this in a Laker game.  Possible.
I'm keeping steaks in the fridge for you and yours to celebrate the day this will happen.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 12:37:49 PM »

Like most of the time, I have no idea what you are talking about.
That's a relief.  Well, "30-19 at the line" represents the foul line.  That is the place Kobme goes whether he is fouled or not, oftimes 17-18 times per game.  

"On Memphis court" would signify a home game for Memphis.  Altho none of us non Lakers like it, more often then not when a team is home they get at least a partial advantage of home cookin reffing.  This does not apply to the Lakers being on the road.

"..trailing most of the 1st 3 qrts."  Oftentime when a team is behind they foul more then the leading team, due to overaggressive defense trying to catch up.  Laker posters use this to explain their hefty freethrow advantage.  However, in games where the Lakers trail most of the contest yet still have a massive FT advantage, other excuses are utilized.  "Shaq is so great, Kobme is unguardable", ___ insert other here.

What i was being objective as usual about is that in spite of the Spurs being on the road, trailing most of the 1st three qtrs (certainly the 1st half), they ended with a 30-19 advantage.  I did not see the entire game so was open to the possibility that Memph got hosed in the calls dept.  No Tim Duncan worship.  No GNob posters.  No incense.  No juice.  No rrrrraaaaagh it must have been the Spurs ___ ____.

It's possible you too may someday acknowledge this in a Laker game.  Possible.
I'm keeping steaks in the fridge for you and yours to celebrate the day this will happen.
Reality just because your life evolves around the Lakers doesn't mean everyone else does.  Think you could make one thread without mentioning the Lakers in it?  Remember your definition of fanatical?

Offline Korean_Babes

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 11:55:27 PM »
Reality just because your life evolves around the Lakers doesn't mean everyone else does.  Think you could make one thread without mentioning the Lakers in it?  Remember your definition of fanatical?
Why don't you stick to the subject Reality starts on his threads and stop trying to turn them into Nozer threads?

This thread was started as a Spurs thread and only has one reference to the Lakers, that being Realitys answer to Randy and not you.  

If you don't have anything to add to this Spurs thread, then stay off and comment on another thread on your life, that being your life as a marketing Lakers clone.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2004, 02:57:49 AM »
Reality just because your life evolves around the Lakers doesn't mean everyone else does.  Think you could make one thread without mentioning the Lakers in it?  Remember your definition of fanatical?
Why don't you stick to the subject Reality starts on his threads and stop trying to turn them into Nozer threads?

This thread was started as a Spurs thread and only has one reference to the Lakers, that being Realitys answer to Randy and not you.  

If you don't have anything to add to this Spurs thread, then stay off and comment on another thread on your life, that being your life as a marketing Lakers clone.
I always knew Korean girls were slow but at least I thought they could read.  Scroll up ;)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2004, 12:26:36 PM »
Dear Korean Babe,
                    I really think perhaps you might want to re-read the post before you criticize others for bringing up something that had nothing to do with anything and which wasn't your business in the first place. Do you see how ignorant and stupid what I just said sounded? Telling someone what they can or cannot post on a given thread?

My dear Korean Babe, do you realize you sound as ignorant, stupid, uninformed, unknowledgable, and full of hate as the one you were defen... oh never mind, you probably are the same pers... oh never mind again. I'm sure it will fall on stupid, moronic, deaf ears anyway.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 12:27:44 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2004, 01:00:48 PM »
grow some testes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2004, 01:24:18 PM »
grow some testes
"testes"?

That explains alot...the rest of us have testis, no need to grow "testes".  You and your "testes" need to drink plenty of "front runner" juice to make it feel all better.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2004, 01:47:13 PM »
Hmm, I was talking to "Korean Babe" wasn't I? If someone is posting here as an alter ego, (heaven forbid) how appropriate they post as a woman, they can't make up their minds either, (no offense, Jordan).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 01:47:46 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2004, 02:20:06 PM »
God forbid what your woman has to face.

Thanks for the spelling etiquette, WOWsy.
Its what's important.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs 3-0
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2004, 02:23:33 PM »
God forbid what your woman has to face.

Thanks for the spelling etiquette, WOWsy.
Its what's important.
How does the old saying go....

"How can you mean what you say when you don't say what you mean?"

Something like that...
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"