Author Topic: NBA Draft Discussion  (Read 58812 times)

Offline Westbrook36

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: NBA Draft Discussion
« Reply #165 on: June 25, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
cmon lawson

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 25, 2009, 08:13:17 PM »
About to get let down, or trade down.......................................................
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KnuxFuture

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: June 25, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »
mehal,ksdms woooooooooooo

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2009, 08:14:47 PM »
Yes, thank god.  Lawson would not have bothered me, but someone who can play D at the point, oh yeah.  I think he has length for a PG, Jay Bilas is now masturbating furiously.

I have a Thad Young feeling about this guy.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »
outstanding

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 25, 2009, 08:17:27 PM »
guodala
Thad
Speights
Holiday

Are we lucky, DiLeo a genius or what?

Thad- top HS prospect. Played out of position as a Freshman. Good character, defender, athlete. Not great shooter but will improve given good mechanics....Slipped to Sixers.... Sounds familiar?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 25, 2009, 08:19:35 PM »
T'wolves collecting PG's.  OK there has to be a trade here, right?

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: June 25, 2009, 08:19:54 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 25, 2009, 08:24:14 PM »
Lawson to the Nuggets, makes sense.  He will be a nice change of pace backing up Billups.

Loved the look of Holiday, his shot looks smooth, it will get better.  No more tiny PG's, yay!!!

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: June 25, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »
Hawks select Teague.  Further supports the speculation of them not retaining Bibby.  If that's the case, it's a good pick for them.  But we got Holiday   8)

Offline Westbrook36

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: June 25, 2009, 08:25:31 PM »
How many of you like Holiday for his pre-draft slotting and how many actually like his game?

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: June 25, 2009, 08:26:57 PM »
Seriously though, the Sixers never worked him out to my knowledge and made the pick with more than a minute left on the clock.  From the time the Pacers took Tyler Hansbrough, do you think the Sixers War Room was just chanting "Drop, drop, drop, drop..." for a full 15+ minutes?

And I like him for his potential.  He was the #2 player in HS last year, he can play mean defense at PG, and there's no reason to believe he can't be a great starting PG.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 25, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »
How many of you like Holiday for his pre-draft slotting and how many actually like his game?

Well, I wish he could shoot better... but I love his game.

Finally a PG who can pass and defend.  Perfect for the Princeton.  His shot will come, and if not they can make moves later fr more shooters.

I think Holiday has more upside than Thad or Speights.  

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
I like the fact that Holiday has good size and can and will play D.  He played out of position at UCLA and likely would have gone much higher if he played next year.  No pick at this point is without risk, but defense usually translates more surely than offense.  I am very good with this pick.  He might have been over rated going into college and under rated in this draft.

The Thad Young analogies are hopefully good ones.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2009, 08:32:57 PM »
Holliday can really flourish in the Princeton if he improves his shot (say by age 21.)  He is a guard, not just a waterbug PG like the other guys in the draft.  He is pass first.  He moves well off the ball.  He can score opportunity baskets.  He can really defend with great length/size and good athleticism.

Think the Thad draft but at G.  Thad is a F (not purely SF or PF but can give you things at each position.)  Not a tweener... versatile.

Same thing with Holiday at G... at least if all goes as planned.  we are talking about a 19 year old.