Author Topic: What's pushing Reality closer to the Jim Jones Kool Aid (Lakers/Spurs)  (Read 3165 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Michael Finley having a majority of the Spurs points in the first quarter

or

The Lakers coming out on fire ?

YOU DECIDE 09!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 07:44:27 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Finely is nails right now.

Refs keeping the Spurs in the game IMO.  The refs did all they could in the 2nd quarter and now Tony the bricklayer is getting phantom calls.  Looks like the refs don't want a blow out game so they are helping the Spurs as much as possible.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Wow, F this game and the refs.  Parker shoves Farmar out of bounds and no call.  Parker goes up for a shot and gets a phantom call.  What total BS!  I guess blow outs in SA don't make for good TV ratings!  >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Now the Spurs are getting 3 points for a 2 point shot.  Wonder what else the refs will throw at the Lakers tonight.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Refs threw everything they had at the Lakers and they still pulled it out!!!!

I can't believe I heard "MVP" chants in San Antonio!!!!!  Woooohoooooo!!!!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Refs threw everything they had at the Lakers and they still pulled it out!!!!

I can't believe I heard "MVP" chants in San Antonio!!!!!  Woooohoooooo!!!!!!

UPDATE:

Finley having a majority of the Spurs points in the first half

or

The Lakers coming out on fire

or

MVP chants for Kobe Bryant in SA

YOU DECIDE 09!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:14:12 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Lucky for the Rockets and Spurs they don't play in the Pacific division, they would get Laker OWNED one extra game each year.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Lucky for the Rockets and Spurs they don't play in the Pacific division, they would get Laker OWNED one extra game each year.

I caught the second half of the game.  I knew it was over in the fourth and kobe came in when we went back down by 10.  as for the MVP chants, yeah, you got a lot of wanna be L.A. peeps here, just about as annoying as the Dallas cowboy fans here IMO.  I still don't think we did too bad.  If Manu can get his ankle in good condition and Gooden can do his job I think we will have jut enough to get by L.A.  It's like the paper said, some people can see this as L.A. saying "see ya!" I saw this as a "We'll meet again soon!" game.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
I caught the second half of the game.  I knew it was over in the fourth and kobe came in when we went back down by 10.  as for the MVP chants, yeah, you got a lot of wanna be L.A. peeps here, just about as annoying as the Dallas cowboy fans here IMO.  I still don't think we did too bad.  If Manu can get his ankle in good condition and Gooden can do his job I think we will have jut enough to get by L.A.  It's like the paper said, some people can see this as L.A. saying "see ya!" I saw this as a "We'll meet again soon!" game.

I hope the Lakers and Spurs meet in the WCF because that means the Lakers got by the Jazz and/or Blazers.  I think if BOTH teams are 100% healthy the Lakers will beat the Spurs.  I really like the addition of Gooden for your squad, closes the gap with Gasol/Odom BUT if Bynum gets back, he was running on a treadmill on Tues, then the gap opens up again the the scales tilt in the Lakers favor.

I think the Jazz and Blazers might have a shot at crashing the WCF party, seedings are going to be very interesting this year.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Your best allie vs the Spurs continues to be Pooped.

6'1"-6'2" Hill on Walton and Kobme.  That was just pure genius.

Pops won 4 titles you know.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What's pushing Reality closer to the Jim Jones Kool Aid (Lakers/Spurs)
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 10:12:07 AM »
Your best allie vs the Spurs continues to be Pooped.

6'1"-6'2" Hill on Walton and Kobme.  That was just pure genius.

Pops won 4 titles you know.

Yea it was bad to put Hill on Luke Walton.  He such an offensive powerhouse that it really made a huge difference last night.  Had you been coaching and made that ONE adjustment the Spurs would have won by 17.  No doubt in my mind about that.

When it's all said and done you will be voted into the Coaching Hindsight Hall Of Fame.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
Yawn.  Laker B-Rad happy with Pops coaching in another loss to Phil. 

Were you to have an ounce of basketball intelligence you would have seen that Walton and Kobme did indeed make key baskets one on one vs Hill after the Spurs had cut the gap and gained momentum.  And i noticed it B-Rad before the play started.  I thought maybe some Spur forgot to enter the lineup or something.

6'2" vs 6'6" and 6'8" and you're happy.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 10:42:24 AM »

Were you to have an ounce of basketball intelligence you would have seen that Walton and Kobme did indeed make key baskets one on one vs Hill after the Spurs had cut the gap and gained momentum.  And i noticed it B-Rad before the play started.  I thought maybe some Spur forgot to enter the lineup or something.

Just like Rick the other day....spoken by someone who doesn't watch the Spurs.   ::)

Because if you did you would know that Hill played the entire 4th quarter against the Suns guarding Nash.  And that he played the entire 4th quarter against the Bobcats (only Spur to do so).  Pop is using Hill as his lockdown defender and giving him critical minutes NOW so that he can help in May.  Hill may only be 6'2" but he has a 6'7" wingspan.  Even Kobe was quoted in the SA paper as saying Hill played him on that last 3 solidly.

And even most casual Spurs fans know that Pop pushed Hill to be the backup point guard but has let Mason take that spot back over recently.  Mainly because Pop said the rookie was overthinking on offense.  And the coaching staff is pleased with the results now that Hill can focus on playing the 2, being a lockdown type defender and not worrying about running the offense.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 10:43:38 AM »

Why am I not surprised that your "basketball intelligence" kept you from seeing why that decision was made.

First, do you remember who else was out there for the Spurs?  Do you remember the last time they played the Lakers they went to a smaller line up and were able to be effective.  Even with Bynum out the Lakers are still a much taller team than the Spurs.  So that alone partially explains why you will see a size mismatch.

Second,  Hill is a good enough defender to handle Luke Walton's ONE move he has.  Not quite sure why you think otherwise.  RealSpurs will let you know that Hill is a good defender and RealLakers will tell you Luke Walton is not a threat to score very often.   As for Kobe, unless its a healthy Manu (or Bowen 2 years ago) on him it really doesn't matter.  No one even has a remote chance to guard him.  

Please tell me who else they were going to put on Kobe.  Enlighten me.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 10:47:51 AM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 11:24:01 AM »
Why am I not surprised that your "basketball intelligence" kept you from seeing why that decision was made. 
Because of your subterranian basketball intelligence.
Or because of your impending coming out party that WoWkoast is one and the same?
Because WoW is taking you to The Gap after you meet and share each others taco?

First, do you remember who else was out there for the Spurs?

Yes.

Do you remember the last time they played the Lakers they went to a smaller line up and were able to be effective.

Yes.  But that was with SuperManuGNob in the lineup, with Mason and Tony P shooting very well.  Also Bonner and KT played 34 and 24 minutes repectively so don't make too much up.  Even at that it took a miracle correct call on a stupid foul by Derek Swisher to eek out the one point win.

Even with Bynum out the Lakers are still a much taller team than the Spurs.  So that alone partially explains why you will see a size mismatch.
Extremely stupid comment to explain away why 6'2 Hill is on 6'8 Walton, but then you have soo many.

Second,  Hill is a good enough defender to handle Luke Walton's ONE move he has.  Not quite sure why you think otherwise.

See above comments.  Both of Waltons hoops on Hill were 100% height related.

RealSpurs will let you know that Hill is a good defender and RealLakers will tell you Luke Walton is not a threat to score very often.   As for Kobe, unless its a healthy Manu (or Bowen 2 years ago) on him it really doesn't matter.  No one even has a remote chance to guard him. 
  Hills D on the Kobe trey was indeed all it could be.  Simply a good shot by Kobe.  All in all he defended the Kobster pretty well for a 6'2 guy.  Not nearly as well as Bowen.  Kobe has lead his team to so many titles since *No one even has a remote chance to guard him*.  :D :D :D  Punk had Gasol colluded and still couldnt win a title.

Please tell me who else they were going to put on Kobe.  Enlighten me.
Bowen.  If he was resting then it was a tough night to find anyone else.  Mason sucked.  Finley is a joke on D.

As to guarding Walton, could have had Flabs Obencho put in a few more minutes or Ime was doing fine.