Author Topic: Ticket prices  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Ticket prices
« on: March 11, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »
I know that Reality is almost as obsessed with ticket prices as he is with the color of Kobe's jock; so here is some info on the Spurs prices.

For the playoffs the general admission (face value) and season holder prices for tickets (round 1/round 2/conf finals/finals):

Baseline:  $1,000/1,300/1,600/2,250     $850/850/1,100/1,500
Charter:   $450/550/700/1,000           $395/395/500/600    (first 2 rows behind baseline)
Upper deck (mine):  $39/49/69/120     $33/33/45/60       (some upper level seats in the center court area are $10-11 per ticket more)

The other change that the Spurs implemented is a "pay as they play" option.  In prior years you paid for 16 potential playoff games (4 rounds x 4 games) all at once with any unused funds being applied to next year; this year with a renewal for next season you pay for the playoff tickets as the games are played.  And your renewal can be spread out over 4 payments.     

They have held ticket prices the same for 2009/10 as they were for 2008.  They also held the line of playoff prices for season ticket holders.

My seats are in the 7th row of the upper deck of the ATT Center on the diagonal (corner of court behind Spurs bench).  For this past season my tickets cost $38.35 per seat + $5 for parking or a total of $81.70 per game.  Parking is in what I call the midrange...there are parking lots closer (for those buying full seasons) and lots further away (for "walk-ups").         
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ticket prices
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:24:46 PM »
W.O.W what's the break down for the Clippers?  msc, Lakers?

I am interested in ticket prices.  Partially because the league is talking about cutting players salaries and costs.  Is that going to trickle down to us?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 09:59:49 PM »
W.O.W what's the break down for the Clippers?  msc, Lakers?

I am interested in ticket prices.  Partially because the league is talking about cutting players salaries and costs.  Is that going to trickle down to us?

There is a lot more to it than what Lurker described.  Right now the upper deck at Staples for Clippers games is FREE!  Typically it's 10 to 32 bucks but they have been running an 18 dollar special all year, you get an upper deck seat, 1 hot dog, 1 soda and a 10 dollar Arco gas card.  The Clippers are so bad that they are giving them away for the upper deck for the crappy games.  Last night they said it was a sell out when LeBron came to town but it was obvious that the game was NOT sold out.  Lots of empty seats in the mid and lower level, the top level was full.

I guess you can say average is 20 bucks for upper deck, 75 to 300 for mid level and 450-1200 for lower level.  The cheaper seats are behind the basket and you actually pay a little more for "Premier" mid level seats that some lower level seats cause you get a waiter/waitress to get you anything you want right to your seat.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 11:52:18 PM »
You guys should come pay me a visit.  They're actually paying fans to see the Wolves these days.  :P
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes