Author Topic: Timmy Dunks injury  (Read 12948 times)

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Timmy Dunks injury
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 05:16:10 PM »
This to me looks like the typical Pop move to rest his key vets for the playoffs.  This is a smart move by Pop and I think excellent timing.  With about 30 games left it's the perfect time to get Tim some rest, Manu's out too right? So he's resting as well.  The main thing for the Spurs, as always, is to come in to the playoff's healthy.  Their seeding doesn't really matter as they'll whoop whoever they meet in the first round regardless of seeding ... so long as they don't fall to #8  ;)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 05:30:23 PM »
Insider Sources:
The Spurs sent out a news release at 3:09 p.m. announcing Tim Duncan will not play tonight due to "right quad tendonosis."

So the pain moved from his knee to his quad.  Did it switch legs also?  InsiderSources should know.
Since Texan familiarity with anatomy might no go beyond "Cow and sheep anus", I'll be happy to help.
The muscles of the quad come down and attatch to the patellar bone.  That's "kneecap" for all including Texans.  So bum quads can indeed result in a bum/unstable knee/kneecap.  They can't swictch legs tho lurker.

Notice the Spurs announced teninosis and not tendinitis.

Tendinitis vs Tendinosis

It is important to know the difference betwteen Tendinitis and Tendinosis when trying to understand why you have pain around a joint. Tendinitis refers to an ACUTE inflammatory problem with a tendon. This can occur if you have used a specific muscle too much over a short period of time. The classic example is achilles tendinitis that occurs after a long or hilly run. It can also occur by playing too many sets of tennis or swimming excessively. Tendinosis, conversely, is CHRONIC problem with a tendon that usually has lasted at least 6-8 weeks. In this case, there isn't any direct inflammation but rather a poorly organized attempt at repair of the tendon by the body. This results in partial or complete tendon tears in some cases and manifests itself in pain and weakness when trying to use the muscle that is attached to the tendon.

The treatments for this two problems initially are the same. Rest from the activity that is causing the problem, anti-inflammatory medication and a stretching and strengthening program.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »
SuperFabs also hurt again, just when he was starting to contribute.  Man we should have signed Scola when we had the chance. :(

The Spurs also announced that center Fabricio Oberto suffered a non-displaced fracture in his left thumb Tuesday. He will be fitted with a splint and play against Portland.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 08:43:39 PM »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 12:08:07 AM »
hmmmm....Tony P holds his own again....glad to see the W.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 12:43:59 AM »
GLOBAL WARMING, I TELL YOU!  GLOBAL WARMING!
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 09:34:47 AM »

I know...who would of thought some 2nd tier PG could go off on two different playoff teams.  There are people out there that actually believe Rondo is a better pg.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 10:09:05 AM »

I know...who would of thought some 2nd tier PG could go off on two different playoff teams.  There are people out there that actually believe Rondo is a better pg.   ;)

Rondo is overrated in my book.  Any young PG would do well in that offense I think.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 12:46:29 PM »

Parker played tremendous last night, just tremendous.  I thought Batum and Outlaw actually did fine against him, but our problem, as it has been all year is our horrible pick and roll defense.  Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker they just eat us up.  I don't know how many times we switched and put Aldridge, or Przybilla, or Frye on Parker, and he he just played them like a fiddle.  The Spurs also did a great job of taking away lanes for Roy, and defended the paint very well, and also the 3.  That left us to take a bunch of long range twos, and we happily obliged by foisting up shot after shot.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 12:56:38 PM »
Rondo is overrated in my book.  Any young PG would do well in that offense I think.

I have to respectfully disagree.  He has a 19.1 PER, and a projected 12 win shares.  Players don't just get that because of the system.  He is 4th in the league in defensive win shares, #1 amongst guards.  His overall contribution to the Celtics is statistically higher than Paul Pierce, and very comparable to Kevin Garnett.  The Celts are a big 4, not a big 3.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 02:15:38 PM »

I have to respectfully disagree.  He has a 19.1 PER, and a projected 12 win shares.  Players don't just get that because of the system.  He is 4th in the league in defensive win shares, #1 amongst guards.  His overall contribution to the Celtics is statistically higher than Paul Pierce, and very comparable to Kevin Garnett.  The Celts are a big 4, not a big 3.

He doesn't command nearly the same attention as Paul Pierce so I take that stat with a grain of salt.

He is also the weak spot many teams attack either by posting him up or by forcing him to shoot the jumper.  I disagree they are a big 4 for that reason.

If you put Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Tony Parker, or Jameer Nelson you would get even better results.  If you take Rondo and put him in a Jazz or Hornets uniform you would have lottery teams.  A system doesn't just give you those kind of stats but the system teamed up with playing of 3 of the best players in the league does.  I could get 10 dimes in a game if my job was to pass to Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 02:18:58 PM by westkoast »

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »
I could get 10 dimes in a game if my job was to pass to Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett.

Well spoken, Steve Francis.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 06:36:15 PM »
I could get 10 dimes in a game if my job was to pass to Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett.

Well spoken, Steve Francis.

:'(

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2009, 12:40:59 AM »

He doesn't command nearly the same attention as Paul Pierce so I take that stat with a grain of salt.

He is also the weak spot many teams attack either by posting him up or by forcing him to shoot the jumper.  I disagree they are a big 4 for that reason.

If you put Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose, Tony Parker, or Jameer Nelson you would get even better results.  If you take Rondo and put him in a Jazz or Hornets uniform you would have lottery teams.  A system doesn't just give you those kind of stats but the system teamed up with playing of 3 of the best players in the league does.  I could get 10 dimes in a game if my job was to pass to Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Kevin Garnett.

Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker, no problem I will concede that point.  Of course that was not the point I was making.  Derrick Rose, Jameer Nelson is purely rhetorical and though you can make the claim that they would contribute more than Rondo, I could say the opposite and you cannot offer any definitive evidence to the contrary.  So while you may want to make a relative evaluation, I on the other hand am simply referring to actuality.

My point is you can say that Rondo is able to do all the things he does chiefly because he has G/P/A and perhaps their presence does have a significant impact.  Their presence though does not change, or impact the fact the Rondo does perform.  If he was in NO instead of Paul, then perhaps he would have to shoulder a bigger burden, or his opportunities would be more difficult, but that does not in any way shape or form reflect upon his absolute actual performance in Boston.  Performance is what performance is, and Rondo's performance has been good/very good/exceptional.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2009, 01:49:05 AM »
Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tony Parker, no problem I will concede that point.  Of course that was not the point I was making.  Derrick Rose, Jameer Nelson is purely rhetorical and though you can make the claim that they would contribute more than Rondo, I could say the opposite and you cannot offer any definitive evidence to the contrary.  So while you may want to make a relative evaluation, I on the other hand am simply referring to actuality.

My point is you can say that Rondo is able to do all the things he does chiefly because he has G/P/A and perhaps their presence does have a significant impact.  Their presence though does not change, or impact the fact the Rondo does perform.  If he was in NO instead of Paul, then perhaps he would have to shoulder a bigger burden, or his opportunities would be more difficult, but that does not in any way shape or form reflect upon his absolute actual performance in Boston.  Performance is what performance is, and Rondo's performance has been good/very good/exceptional.

Rondo cannot shot for shyte and he makes terrible decisions with the rock.  He is not in the same class as DWill, CP or even TP.  I have been a critique of Jameer but he's worked on his have and has a respectable outside shot and Rose will surpass Rondo before the end of the year IMO.  Teams leave Rondo WIDE OPEN on purpose, it was a JOKE that he was being considered an all-star.  When a team considers you the weakest link and leaves you wide open on offense then the term "over rated" is way too kind.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"