Author Topic: Timmy Dunks injury  (Read 12914 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Timmy Dunks injury
« on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:36 AM »
Lovers of RealChampionships, RealMVPs, and Realbasketball can only wait and see further diagnosis of Timmy Dunks knee injury.
When will Dunks be back?  We shall see.  Dunks hurt his left knee in 2000, paving the way for a non Spurs championship.

Dunks knee has actually been bothering him all season.
Interview with Buck Harvey:
"It's sore every day," Duncan said.
Every day?
"Absolutely."

Though Duncan recently disclosed that his knee has been sore much of the season, he had gone through the team's morning shootaround without incident.
"He'll see the doctors in the morning and we'll see what they say," DumbassOvich said. "His knee didn't have any strength and he couldn't get it warmed up; he couldn't get it loosened up."

Duncan sat out last nights over the Mavs, with Flabs Oberto, Bonner and co. stepping up and taking care of Dirk and the Mavs by double digits.

While i don't recommend praying for Duncans recovery, this file photo of the effort made by SpursXs3 with family pet is appreciated.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 09:32:35 AM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Timmy Dunks injury
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 10:58:06 AM »
Lovers of RealChampionships, RealMVPs, and Realbasketball can only wait and see further diagnosis of Timmy Dunks knee injury.
When will Dunks be back?  We shall see.  Dunks hurt his left knee in 2000, paving the way for a non Spurs championship.

Dunks knee has actually been bothering him all season.
Interview with Buck Harvey:
"It's sore every day," Duncan said.
Every day?
"Absolutely."

Though Duncan recently disclosed that his knee has been sore much of the season, he had gone through the team's morning shootaround without incident.
"He'll see the doctors in the morning and we'll see what they say," DumbassOvich said. "His knee didn't have any strength and he couldn't get it warmed up; he couldn't get it loosened up."

Duncan sat out last nights over the Mavs, with Flabs Oberto, Bonner and co. stepping up and taking care of Dirk and the Mavs by double digits.

While i don't recommend praying for Duncans recovery, this file photo of the effort made by SpursXs3 with family pet is appreciated.

...Is that dog taking a dump while the kid is praying??    :o
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 11:15:33 AM »
I didn't bother to read what Reality wrote.  Looks to me like he thought he was being creative but instead just completely went off track.

ESPN has nothing on the injury....can a RealSpurs sum it up for me?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:21:48 AM »
I didn't bother to read what Reality wrote.  Looks to me like he thought he was being creative but instead just completely went off track.

Timmies knee is swole, pop rested him, he will check him out, Lil' Tony P went off on poor Dallas last night.  Spurs win.  End of summary  ;)
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »

Timmies knee is swole, pop rested him, he will check him out, Lil' Tony P went off on poor Dallas last night.  Spurs win.  End of summary  ;)

RealSpurs F T W

So the injury is not that serious?  Or are you guys concerned a bit?  The Spurs are right there behind the Lakers in terms of strongest team in the West. 

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 11:38:59 AM »

RealSpurs F T W

So the injury is not that serious?  Or are you guys concerned a bit?  The Spurs are right there behind the Lakers in terms of strongest team in the West. 

I didn't get nervous about his knee.  I mean the guy is right up near 7 feet tall, he is bound to have knee issues, I think this is good timing to be honest, get him looked at and taken care of before the playoffs get here.  Same for Manu.  I was not worried abot Dallas last night, since getting rid of Harris they really have not been that big a rival for us.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 11:41:22 AM by SPURSX3 »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »

RealSpurs F T W

X3 did a good summary.  I figure it was Pop resting Duncan...Spurs play 6 games in 8 days.  Mavs last night, Blazers tonight, Cavs friday (I have tix!), @ Blazers Sunday, @ Clips Monday and then in Dallas Wednesday.

Duncan has had sore knees...like every other big man with more than 2-3 years in the game...for a while.  It doesn't seem to have hurt his production much this year so at this point I'm not worried.  Unlike the picture of Reality and the missus praying, I don't think it is time to ask for Sternfish's intercession.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 12:20:38 PM »

RealSpurs F T W

X3 did a good summary.  I figure it was Pop resting Duncan...Spurs play 6 games in 8 days.  Mavs last night, Blazers tonight, Cavs friday (I have tix!), @ Blazers Sunday, @ Clips Monday and then in Dallas Wednesday.

Duncan has had sore knees...like every other big man with more than 2-3 years in the game...for a while.  It doesn't seem to have hurt his production much this year so at this point I'm not worried.  Unlike the picture of Reality and the missus praying, I don't think it is time to ask for Sternfish's intercession.

Makes sense.  The Cavs game is big.  Could be a team the Spurs could potentially see if they get out of the West.  Is it hard to get tickets when Lebron comes to town?  Out in LA it's not so much a pain as it is the price just shoots up big time.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:43:38 PM »
Reality may calm down when Cali gets pot legalized and taxed on.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »

Raspberry Reefer Juice aka Lakers-Are-Winnin Juice

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 03:17:32 PM »

Raspberry Reefer Juice aka Lakers-Are-Winnin Juice

Reality seems like he would be more inclined to get something like "Snoop loops" or a box of "Weedies" with snoop on the front before he would drink that juice...

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 03:31:06 PM »

RealSpurs F T W

Makes sense.  The Cavs game is big.  Could be a team the Spurs could potentially see if they get out of the West.  Is it hard to get tickets when Lebron comes to town?  Out in LA it's not so much a pain as it is the price just shoots up big time.

Not sure as I buy a 10 game package that is all weekend games.  As such I get around a 10% discount off face value which basically is the friggin' preseason game they put in the package.  This year it has been a solid package - Miami, Utah, OKC (Durant), Philly, NO, Cleveland, Phoenix.  Then there was GS and the last game is the Clips.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »
Thanks FRANs*

Insider Sources:
The Spurs sent out a news release at 3:09 p.m. announcing Tim Duncan will not play tonight due to "right quad tendonosis."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 04:37:37 PM »
Thanks FRANs*

Insider Sources:
The Spurs sent out a news release at 3:09 p.m. announcing Tim Duncan will not play tonight due to "right quad tendonosis."

Yeah, I don't think tony can carry the team tonight.  I still wouldnt worry about tim right now though.  we can offered to lose and get him healed.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 04:47:14 PM »
Insider Sources:

So the pain moved from his knee to his quad.  Did it switch legs also?  InsiderSources should know.

-Moody Blues