Author Topic: Sammy Requested a trade?  (Read 4074 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Sammy Requested a trade?
« on: February 20, 2009, 05:29:32 PM »
Didn't see this myself as I'm at work, but posting what was posted on RealGM:
Sammy requested to be traded! Say they don't want to utilize him then trade him. Says he wasn't happy how Cheeks used him and now Tony isn't on his good side. To bad Billy King gave this dope such a bad deal that we couldn't dump this guy yesterday like Ed seems to be trying to do.

They are talking about it now on Daily News Live with Dei.
Says he's always consistent and they were not consistent with him and he's saying like he felt they were trying to blame him for the troubles. Dei also says the money is what this is prolly about because he can't get to his incentives.
says Randy Ayers and Henry Bibby were driven up a wall dealing with Sammy
Dei also said that Sammy is lucky to have teammates that laugh off everything he says.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sammy Requested a trade?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 06:17:08 PM »
Didn't get a chance to see that either.  I'll have to check out Sportsnite in a few minutes.  Too bad Sam doesn't know how shitty his trade value is. 

Offline pointguard86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 06:41:16 PM »
most likely he wasn't traded because of his contract, we should all thank Mr. Billy King for giving him that contract and adding a 15% trade kicker.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 06:53:05 PM »
Yeah... just Sam's normal bitching about how we don't utilize his superior services and a display of bitterness for still being a Sixer.  Poor Sam...

Meanwhile, Andre Miller was talking as if this won't be his last season as a Sixer.  He likes the 'no ego' character of his teammates (sans Dalembert I'm sure), and he actually sounded happy to be here... even referred to next year saying he's looking forward to getting Elton Brand back.  Encouraging in the sense that the likelihood of him simply walking may not be as favorable, but at the same time you have to wonder how long he's going to want to call Philly his home... and how expensive his price tag will be.  Nonetheless, I found this to be more interesting than anything Sam had to say.  

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:39:40 AM »
Sam just doesn't get it, and a change of surroundings won't make any difference.  The only thing that will make a difference is Sam playing better, which he actually has of late.

I do think the coaches could make things easier on Sam by giving him more minutes.  There should always be a center on the floor, meaning Sam or Theo and on occasion Speights, who I prefer playing PF.

The Coaching staff is stupid and keeps trying to use Evans as a Center.  Whenever that happens and sometimes when Thad is at the PF spot with Sam in the game, the Sixers are overwhelmed rebounding and controlling the middle.  Sam gets into foul trouble because Thad doesn't block out his man. The other team gets more easy baskets and the Sixers defense breaks down.

Once they figure out that they need a Center in there at all times, no matter what the other team does, they will eliminate some of these losses to inferior teams. Even against Denver, the team might have done a lot better going with their bigs early.  The Nuggets were playing defense and fouling every interior shot, but Thad couldn't get inside against them and Andre Iguodala barely got a chance.  It's all about controlling the interior space and you need the players to do that.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 12:21:39 PM »
Sam is Sam.  I'm not surprised, nor do I blame him for being frustrated about his role.  He is a starter in name only because he rarely plays in the 4th quarter.  There are other teams he could get more regular minutes for, and if he wants to play for a loser, then maybe a loser is a better fit for him.

I would not have been sad to see him go.  Not a bad guy, and he gives effort... but what a waste of talent.

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 01:20:33 PM »
Not a bad guy, and he gives effort... but what a waste of talent.
I would disagree.  I think that Sam continues to prove that he is a bad guy.  He frustrates coach after coach with the way he approaches and plays the game.  The Team Canada thing appears to have been a red flag.

The charity work that he does is great, but he's a bad teammate.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 05:16:49 PM »
Dei said that Sammy was driving Ayers crazy before Ayers even coached his first game. That doesn't sound like a coachable player to me.

And this coming from Dei who never says a negative thing about anyone in the Sixers organization.

Offline sixers610

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »
Sam is stupid. There is not a player that frustrates me more.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 02:24:56 PM »
Sam is stupid. There is not a player that frustrates me more.

Sam needs to understand that a determinant to his lesser role is because a rookie stepped in with a better all around grasp for the game.  Granted, Speights is a naturally gifted basketball player, but he shouldn't making less mistakes than a 7 year veteran.  Nothing is ever Sam's fault.  Remember, he was going to be an all-star this year if it weren't for the Sixers holding back his super-stardom...  I'm with you, he can frustrate me like no other Sixer can. 

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 03:30:44 PM »
What happens when he's relegated to the #4 big man role next year behind Speights, Brand, and Smith, aka, big men who can shoot?  Things could get ugly.

My friend asked me if there was any less talented cancer in any sport.  The only answer I could come up with is Ricky Davis, and he might be more talented.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 08:23:47 AM »
He won't be behind Smith.

Offline Sundown

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
I'll give Sam one thing.  He's consistently stupid.

I assume he's willing to waive his 15% trade kicker since he asked to be traded.  Which means he's willing to flush a few million bucks just to go to somewhere else and have his minutes cut.  At what point do you figure out that every coach is not simply mishandling you?