Author Topic: Hornets trade Chandler to OKC  (Read 3829 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Hornets trade Chandler to OKC
« on: February 17, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »
Obviously cap/tax considerations are more important in NO than winning.  As a Spurs fan I like anything that weakens an opponent. 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hornets trade Chandler to OKC
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 02:47:45 PM »
link?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 02:53:16 PM »
What did they trade him for?!?!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
What did they trade him for?!?!

Semi-warm bodies...and the draft rights to last year's OKC 2nd rounder.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »
Anyone else thinking, bad idea?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 04:25:50 PM »
Anyone else thinking, bad idea?

Not for SA...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 04:51:13 PM »
On ESPN they had a stat box that showed NO was 21-11 with Chandler and 9-9 without him.  So now that the HOrnets are a .500 team who gets the 4th seed...and 1st round home court...in the west?

Portland currently sits there with a 1/2 game lead on the Rockets and 1 game on the Hornets & Mavs.  The Hornets just traded themselves out of contention.  I think the Rockets are too dyfunctional.  So IMO it is a race between the Blazers & Mavs.  And the Jazz...at just 2 1/2 back...could still get in the running.

-Moody Blues

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »
Terrible move for NO.   They weren't favorites to make the Finals by any stretch but their chances just went from slim to nil.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 05:22:34 PM »
NO is cashing it in for the season.  Chandler is a bit of a flake, but he and Paul in the pick and roll was money, and his ability to rebound was a major key for them last year.  There is some talk about NO being short on some payments to the Saints and the Hornets.  If they don't come up with the cash, then the Hornets could be on the move.  KC is the most obvious destination, but I think Las Vegas is possible as well.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
NO is cashing it in for the season.  Chandler is a bit of a flake, but he and Paul in the pick and roll was money, and his ability to rebound was a major key for them last year.  There is some talk about NO being short on some payments to the Saints and the Hornets.  If they don't come up with the cash, then the Hornets could be on the move.  KC is the most obvious destination, but I think Las Vegas is possible as well.

Not to mention his shot blocking/shot altering...

Seriously I really don't get the move.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »

now if the saints could get miffed about missed payments and leave that would be great for SA too... ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 07:42:47 PM »
Wow, talk about waving the white flag.  Then again maybe Chandler was causing locker room problems.  He's clearly been uninspired this season and maybe it's going to work out well for the Hornets.  Unlike the Suns, IMO the Hornets are playing right where one would expect considering their mediocre overall level of talent.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 02:49:09 PM »
Hurricane George strikes again!

It's obvious that they can't win when they're winning, so they have to cut salary!

In one move, they've gone from "threat" to "in contention for the playoffs."
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 02:57:39 PM »
Seriously I really don't get the move.

M-O-N-E-Y!! 

Period.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."