Author Topic: Spurs  (Read 4251 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« on: April 20, 2004, 01:59:04 PM »
good game by all, but how about Bob Horry.

Do any of us care if he doesnt have a "Hall of Flame" title?

beers all around.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 02:19:57 PM »
Id care if this was posted by a real Spurs fan........but you my friend change teams like Paris Hilton changes boyfriends.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 03:27:31 PM »
Id care if this was posted by a real Spurs fan........but you my friend change teams like Paris Hilton changes boyfriends.
You may find the following article parts helpful:

The word fan is taken from the word "fanatical"
It is also of interest to note the definition given to the word “fanatic” by Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, 1961 edition. It says:

‘Fanatic—Latin, inspired by a deity.
  • 1. possessed by or as if by a demon; broadly: crazed, frantic, mad.
  • 2. governed, produced, or characterized by too great zeal: extravagant, unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic, especially on religious subjects.’
Like spursfan101 I don't know many bandwagon Spurs fans, but am aware of the millions of global Laker bandwagon fans along with a lifetime Fan like yourself.  

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 04:31:38 PM »

It is also of interest to note the definition given to the word “fanatic” by Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, 1961 edition. It says:

• 1. possessed by or as if by a demon; broadly: crazed, frantic, mad.
  • 2. governed, produced, or characterized by too great zeal: extravagant, unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic, especially on religious subjects.’
Like spursfan101 I don't know many bandwagon Spurs fans, but am aware of the millions of global Laker bandwagon fans along with a lifetime Fan like yourself.
You know what's funny?  You type all of that every time but you refuse to answer the question.  You've changed allegiance because of TD -- TD is an awesome player and I could probably root for his team too -- if he played for the Lakers!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 07:30:24 PM »
You know what's funny?  You type all of that every time but you refuse to answer the question.  You've changed allegiance because of TD -- TD is an awesome player and I could probably root for his team too -- if he played for the Lakers!
Randy,

There wasn't any question.  But if your vision included a question, and you thought it was funny, i guess that's okay.  ;)  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 08:39:21 AM »
You know what's funny?  You type all of that every time but you refuse to answer the question.  You've changed allegiance because of TD -- TD is an awesome player and I could probably root for his team too -- if he played for the Lakers!
Randy,

There wasn't any question.  But if your vision included a question, and you thought it was funny, i guess that's okay.  ;)
You have to forgive Randy.  He has problems with reading comprehension whenever the word "Spurs" is used in a post.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 08:57:28 AM »
It's better than having no comprehension, knowledge, or grasp of reality whatsoever whenever it basketball in general is mention in a post, Spurs bandwagoners are famous for that weakness.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 10:16:39 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 09:15:28 AM »
Spurs banwagoners
You forgot the "D"....something that should never happen in a discussion about the Spurs.   ;)  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 10:07:54 AM »

[/li][li]1. possessed by or as if by a demon; broadly: crazed, frantic, mad.

[/li]
    [/li][li]2. governed, produced, or characterized by too great zeal: extravagant, unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic, especially on religious subjects.’

[/li]
Going to Websters.com is not going to change the fact that a few years ago you were a Celtics fan.  Then you became a fan of no one but really liked the Clippers and now you are a die hard Spurs fan.  You know this would have been perfect if you had not been posting with all of us for a few years now.  You didnt start to even really "rep" the Spurs until after last years playoffs.  Which really shows how sad your obsession with the Lakers is.  You are bandwagon, sorry to break it to you.

101, Lurker, x3.....I love talking about the Spurs with you guys.  Just cant take fairweather fans seriously.  As for Horry, I knew that he would be able to contribute to this team.  Especially in the playoffs.  Mitch is an idiot for letting him go....especially seeing how Malone is not 100%, Grant is gone, and our next big man is a Rook.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 10:09:26 AM by westkoast »

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Spurs
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 10:19:54 AM »
My humblest apologies BBF, I was remiss, I should have forgotten the "O", because after all, we WERE talking about the Spurs now weren't we?  :D  
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 08:08:57 PM »
You didnt start to even really "rep" the Spurs until after last years playoffs. .
Randy err FanDana err Westkoast.  
You'll have to ask WOW about the trash we exchanged back in 2000 when i pulled for Duncan vs The Key Camper.

Posted well before the start of last year i was pulling for the Spurs.  Gaither busted me for my saying they were done if they didnt stop Pops lameoid offense.  This was after 15 games.

It kills you i can pick legit winners.

And for the gap, get it right.  Celtics, Shaun Kemp Sonics now Spurs.  
Oh that Purple n Gold carnage....

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 08:15:37 PM »
Uh-oh, I don't remember busting you, Reality. I usually leave that treatment to the Laker fans on the board.  :D

I don't remember Reality ever claiming to be a Celtics or Clipper fan. I never really knew what his team affiliation was until he came out of the closet last year as a Spurs fan.  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 08:42:50 PM »
Uh-oh, I don't remember busting you, Reality. I usually leave that treatment to the Laker fans on the board.  :D

Yes I made a thread "The Spurs Are Done" early last season, and while of course i knew they were not "done" it was in response to the lameoid offense they ran and would have been "done" had Pop not adjusted/the players ignored Pop and opened up the O, ie GNob and SJackson and Super Stevie Kerr.

I only recall legitimate "busts".  :lol:  ;)   The other ones are so light i dont feel them.

Oh yeah if you get the Classic Games channel check out Cornbread Maxwell smaking down the Lakers largest marketing icon ever, well prior to Kobme and Shaq, that being Magic.

Game 7 1984.  Have professionals nearby if watching with Laker Krishnas.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2004, 09:59:41 AM »
You didnt start to even really "rep" the Spurs until after last years playoffs. .
Randy err FanDana err Westkoast.  
You'll have to ask WOW about the trash we exchanged back in 2000 when i pulled for Duncan vs The Key Camper.

Posted well before the start of last year i was pulling for the Spurs.  Gaither busted me for my saying they were done if they didnt stop Pops lameoid offense.  This was after 15 games.

It kills you i can pick legit winners.

And for the gap, get it right.  Celtics, Shaun Kemp Sonics now Spurs.  
Oh that Purple n Gold carnage....
Ahhh little buddy......rooting for a player doesnt mean you are a fan of that team.  I root for T-mac all the time but does that make me a Magic fan?  No.  Big difference.  No Reality O'Reily spinning today.  You are bandwagon.  Plain and simple.  This season you have been posting like your name is Spursfan101.  Honestly can you say that the previous 2 years that you were repping the Spurs that much?  Only reason you like them is for the simple fact they beat the Lakers....Like I said before, that just shows how bad your obsession is with the Lakers.

lol @ 'it kills you that I can pick legit winners'.  2000 Reality's legit winner was? Rightttt....2001? Oh good picking again.  2002?  Yup same thing.  1 out of 4.  Not bad.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2004, 12:21:10 PM »
lol @ 'it kills you that I can pick legit winners'.  2000 Reality's legit winner was? Rightttt....2001? Oh good picking again.  2002?  Yup same thing.  1 out of 4.  Not bad.
WTF!

I thought Dan (total) and myself (percentage) where the "pick em" champs?  ;)

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"