Author Topic: another spurs trade rumor....  (Read 1949 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
another spurs trade rumor....
« on: February 09, 2009, 02:23:45 AM »
http://otr.blastmagazine.com/2009/02/08/robert-horry-to-the-kings/

I also read the other rumor with vince carter for roger mason and other spurs.  no way we trade mason..sorry vince. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: another spurs trade rumor....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 07:20:29 AM »
They mentioned ths onthe local news last night.  The deal they said was closest was Finley & Horry for Salmons.  Not sure this really helps since the Spurs really need a big man.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:43:35 AM »
They mentioned ths onthe local news last night.  The deal they said was closest was Finley & Horry for Salmons.  Not sure this really helps since the Spurs really need a big man.

Yeah.  What's suppossed to happen is Horry sign, get's traded, and then gets waived by the Kings....He walks away with a nice paycheck.  Or atleast that is whats supossed to happen in another story about this that I came across.  Who knows if it will happen.  The Spurs hardly ever pull the trigger on a trade So I think we will just see another trade deadline come and go with no changes...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »
I don't get why the Kings would trade Salmons for so little.

If I'm the Spurs, there's no way I go after Vince Carter - not for love nor money.

The guys I'd be after are big-body shot-blocking centers. 
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 10:25:40 AM »

Cap Space.  Expirings for a 3 year deal.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »

Cap Space.  Expirings for a 3 year deal.

Yep, they are trying to cut some cap basically.  I think I would be ok with Fins being moved.  But yeah, Joe, I agree, say no to VC - too much money, don't know if he fits our team, and why trade a bright spot like Mason - or Hill, who they really want - to the Nets for over priced VC?? No thanks.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:04:30 AM by SPURSX3 »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »
Seems odd that he Spurs are interested in EITHER Salmons or Miller.  IMO it's a no-brainer, the Spurs need Miller.  With Miller on the roster, while keeping a core of TD/TP/Manu/Mason/Hill/Bowen, the Spurs are dead even with the Lakers come playoff time.  Maybe the Spurs are throwing the "either" out there to throw the league/Kings off the Miller scent.

Unfortunately there is not much the Spurs have to offer other than cap relief because I don't think the Spurs would part with Hill or TP.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"