Author Topic: Lakers at Celtics  (Read 5184 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Lakers at Celtics
« on: February 05, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »
It's kinda cool to hear "Beat LA" again at Boston.  Lets see what Ariza can do against PP.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lakers at Celtics
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 11:18:00 PM »
Great win by the Lakers, even more amazing that it was on a 2nd half of a back to back!

While I think Pierce is 2nd only to CP3 in regards to a FLOPPY offensive player, his D on Kobe was all-NBA.  Pierce is a complete player now, great effort on his part.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »
Great win by the Lakers, even more amazing that it was on a 2nd half of a back to back!

While I think Pierce is 2nd only to CP3 in regards to a FLOPPY offensive player, his D on Kobe was all-NBA.  Pierce is a complete player now, great effort on his part.

His defense in the last part of the 4th and in the OT was pretty awesome, I have to admit.  If they would have won the game it would have been due to his defense.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »
His defense in the last part of the 4th and in the OT was pretty awesome, I have to admit.  If they would have won the game it would have been due to his defense.

If the Celtics would have won the game it would have been because of the Lakers FT shooting.  >:(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »
Disgustingly reffed game.  KGs fouling out to faggy Fisher being the topper. :D
Make sure no clear footage of that appears. 

Pierce would have been the reason the Celts won?  :D  You two are dense as ever.  His inept offense hurt the Celts badly in crunch time.  Lets Kobme pick his pocket when even getting an attempt up would have been okay.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 12:23:33 AM »
I agree Reality.  There was a lot of calls that the Celtics were given the benefit of the doubt  ::)

I know you wanted to oh so badly see the Lakers lose so you could post about it, update your face book status to 'excited', and txt your bff Rose about how crappy the Lakers are......but that didn't happen.

His defense hurt the Lakers on 5 trips in crunch time.  I think getting picked one time is not worse than really coming up big on 5 stops.

Seems like I always have to do this but 5 > 1
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:25:13 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:56:17 AM »
Disgustingly reffed game.  KGs fouling out to faggy Fisher being the topper. :D
Make sure no clear footage of that appears. 

Totally agree that the refs were wearing Paul Pierce jerseys, DISGUSTING!!!!  No Laker could even breath on Paulina the Drama Queen yet Kobe and Gasol were getting mauled.  Disgusting indeed.

Pierce would have been the reason the Celts won?  :D  You two are dense as ever.  His inept offense hurt the Celts badly in crunch time.  Lets Kobme pick his pocket when even getting an attempt up would have been okay.

I guess you didn't watch the game.  Pierce played awesome D on Kobe, made Kobe take contested shots and the last shot Kobe took was a total spaz shot that he just threw up cause Pierce was all over him like stupid on Reality...err...like white on rice.

With this victory the Lakers rule and....

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 12:14:11 PM »
Big win for the Lakers.  I'll take that one and run considering the poor free throw shooting and them not playing their best ball.  I can't believe Odom made both those throws down the stretch.  He's been downright horrible from the line this season. 

It's unbelievable to me how physical the Celtics play. I'm all for it, but the problem that I have is they cry like little girls after any call that doesn't go their way.  Note the the Boston Celtics:  you can't have it both ways.  If you're going to foul on every possession, you can't cry when you get touched. 

I used to really like KG, but he's changed these passed two years.  I think he got tired of the knock on him always being that he's too skinny and soft, so he's overcompensating.  Whatever it is, he's transformed himself in to quite the petulant, little jerk.  It doesn't suit him and I hope he can someday go back to the old KG that we all knew and loved. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 05:43:29 PM »
 :D :D :D^^^ the refs were not letting Boston play physical. 

Lets limit it to one play msc, or at least comment on this play then feel free to bring up any other play:
The foul called on KG that gave him #5.  Gasol grabs down at the ball, grabs KGs wrist instead.  Foul, but okay no call and KG holds onto the ball.  In comes faggy Fisher.  He also swats at the ball, misses, then does his ballet piroette onto the floor.  KG gets rung up for the offensive foul call.  Don't give me the **crafty veteran** schpeel (and you haven't) that marketers use to color over his cowardly play.   
It's not basketball!!

On the positive side for the Lakers, msc are you not very happy with Gasols play?  I think he's been very solid.  That reverse footwork for the hook was nicely done.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 06:37:45 PM »
I think there were lots of fouls on both teams.  I also think the refs let it get a little out of hand.  My point was and still is that if Boston is going to play uber-physical, they don't get to cry about touch fouls when a team doesn't back down to them.  Either way, both teams didn't play their best and if both are lucky enough to make it that far it will be a wing-dinger of a finals. 

I'm always happy with Gasol.  Sure he's a soft Euro patsy, but his footwork and basketball IQ are a thing of beauty.  He's not a banger and never will be so people shouldn't expect that of him.  His #'s will only improve with Bynum out.  It's nice to have Bynum in as an anchor on D and Bynums offense is nice at times too, but it's tough for two 7 footers to operate in the box, regardless of who they are. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 06:55:32 PM »
Obviously Reality was watching the box score again.

ANYONE who watched the game knew it was physical and intense.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 07:39:20 PM »
I think there were lots of fouls on both teams.  I also think the refs let it get a little out of hand.
You didnt comment on the Fisher-KG 5th foul call.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 07:57:04 PM »
I think there were lots of fouls on both teams.  I also think the refs let it get a little out of hand.
You didnt comment on the Fisher-KG 5th foul call.

Probably because I didn't see it. 

Besides, why do I need to comment on it?  Are you the only person who gets to ignore when people ask you to go over a play?

This point still stands, it was a very physical game.  EVERYONE...sports writers, fans, news people all said it was physical.  YOU ARE WRONG.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 08:13:44 PM »
Big win for the Lakers.  I'll take that one and run considering the poor free throw shooting and them not playing their best ball.  I can't believe Odom made both those throws down the stretch.  He's been downright horrible from the line this season. 

It's unbelievable to me how physical the Celtics play. I'm all for it, but the problem that I have is they cry like little girls after any call that doesn't go their way.  Note the the Boston Celtics:  you can't have it both ways.  If you're going to foul on every possession, you can't cry when you get touched. 

I used to really like KG, but he's changed these passed two years.  I think he got tired of the knock on him always being that he's too skinny and soft, so he's overcompensating.  Whatever it is, he's transformed himself in to quite the petulant, little jerk.  It doesn't suit him and I hope he can someday go back to the old KG that we all knew and loved. 

What really bothers me about Boston is Paulina Pierce.  He has always been a solid player, no real knock on him.  Now he flops on offense like he's getting stabbed in the heart every time someone gets near him.  The only guy that is more of a drama queen on offense is Chris Paul but for the most part he throws himself into people and then over reacts to the contact, Pierce doesn't even get real contact and he throws his head back like he's been socked in the face.  It's really annoying and it's even more annoying that he gets the call most of the time.  What's really funny is that the very last play where Pierce had a turn over I thought he really got fouled but the res wehre so used to seeing flop like a fish that the swallowed the wistle.

I was very disappointed  with Ariza, seems like he had very little impact on the game.  I really wanted to see how he would match up on Pierce but I did not see them matched up much.  The announcers were saying that Ariza was too thin and Pierce was pushing him around but I didn't notice, what I noticed was Ariza switching every time and rarely fighting the screen and sticking with Pierce.  Sasha was also very little help and the toughest guy on the team, Powell, did not have much success against the physical Celtics.  If the Lakers make their FT at their average rate this game would not have even been close and I guess that's the biggest disappointment for me, that the Celtics even looked like they are on par with the Lakers sucked!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 10:07:56 PM »
While I agree WOW, I sorta feel like you are thinking of Trevor Ariza as the bonafide lock down defender in this league ala Bruce Bowen of years past.  There is very few players in this league who can guard Paul Pierce.  If there were I don't think the Celtics have as much success as they do.  Ray Allen is very guardable and KG, as long as hes Mr Jump Shot, can be held in check points wise.  PP on the other hand is a beast.  Usually when he doesnt score a lot it is because he did not play well.

As for Josh Powel, he'll learn.  I really like the pick up.  He tries hard for rebounds and has a nice jumper for a big guy.  I think as he gets more playing time on the Lakers he will understand his role a bit better.  I mean he's guarding seasoned vets who are champions.  He's not there.