Author Topic: V. JOB's crazy 3pt shot loving crew  (Read 2698 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: V. JOB's crazy 3pt shot loving crew
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 04:07:08 PM »
Apparently no Brand this season. 

Kind of a trap game vs. Indiana.  They have a lot of willing shooters and when they are on they're no easy win.  I certainly don't expect them to give it to us.  We should look to attack the basket a lot since they lack any real interior defensive threat. 

I don't know about all of you, but I could go for a giant bottle of Speights tonight to quell this Elton Brand news. 

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »

I don't know about all of you, but I could go for a giant bottle of Speights tonight to quell this Elton Brand news. 

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:12:51 PM »
They closed out the final 2:30 of that 2nd quarter pretty well, but besides that it was a forgettable 2nd quarter.  We combined some terrible perimeter defense with a pathetic shooting display and looked fairly sloppy from top to bottom. 

Hopefully Thad's finding a rhythm.  He closed out the quarter well, but prior to that he's really been struggling the last 2.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
Not the prettiest of W's, but the final result speaks loudest. 

We needed Sam and Willie to step up tonight since our bench was basically invisible.  Sam owned the paint down low tonight.  Gotta give it to him.  Willie set the tone in the 1st quarter, got the rare call down the stretch, and didn't disappoint.  Nice to see the two most tenured Sixers step up in the shadow of Brand's injury. 

After letting them shoot 53% from 3 land in the first half we tightened up on the perimeter defense and held them to 5-19 shooting from beyond. 

As ugly as that game looked, we only turned the ball over 11 times and 3 Sixers recorded double doubles. 

Igoudala stepped up against Granger.  His lack of production was a major factor to us squeezing out the win.  Iggy was in lock down form tonight. 

Thad is in one funky shooting slump. 

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »
Is Troy Murphy JOB's IDEAL power forward or what?

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
Damn...Granger has turned into a hell of a player hasn't he!

Hopefully Thad has a similar career arc...

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 11:55:36 PM »
Pretty sad that the Sixers needed to go the whole way with their starters to win against a sad team like the Pacers.  Now I remember how much I hate Jim O'brien's style of b-ball.  I was unhappy that Speights didn't get any minutes in the 2nd half. I know he was out there when the Pacers made their run, but he was out there with Ivey and Evans and Williams, not exactly ideal defenders. On the other hand, the way the Pacers play made it easy for Dileo to use Reggie as the Center for a while. You don't need to defend the middle when all they do is shoot threes.

It is important to note that the Sixers lost their lead then as well. It is just dumb not to have a big rebounder in the game at all times. That means Dalembert, Speights or Ratliff needs to be on the floor. 2nd chance shots, failure to box out, failure to get the rebounds or extra shots for the team is what you get when you don't have a real center on the floor. When will they ever get that?