Author Topic: Bynum out 8-12 weeks  (Read 5692 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bynum out 8-12 weeks
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 03:43:01 PM »
Lurker,

Just give up.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 03:58:48 PM »
Or call for your Nanny.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 04:17:07 PM »
Or call for your Nanny.

She refuses to babysit children with disabilities, sorry Reality, your request for a sitter is denied.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 05:58:32 PM »
He just can't get over the Sixers beating the Spurs by 20 pts.   ;D

For years the WC has been the better conference, and this is the first season in a long time that this has happened.  And Lukers stats show that the margin is pretty small, and highly dependent on the good teams beating up on the bad ones. There have always been bad teams in the league, and right now, the West has more of them than the East.  Eventually these teams will get lucky in the draft and will rise from the bottom, but for now, the West has more weak teams and fewer elite ones.

That can still change this season. New Orleans has some real talent and may get to that level.  Utah isn't that far away either.  A major injury to one of the East's elite could drop them out of contention.  Philly just lost Brand for the season. That might keep them from getting into contention.  Orlando's loosing Jameer seriously impacts that team's chances. We'll have to see how Orlando does, to see how much it hurts, same as we'll have to watch the Lakers to see how much Bynum's absence hurts them.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »
Rick,

You can't use stats to benefit a stance you have (Andre being an all-star) then turn around and ignore stats because they don't back up your claims.   

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 06:38:46 PM »
Rick,

You can't use stats to benefit a stance you have (Andre being an all-star) then turn around and ignore stats because they don't back up your claims.   

Why not?  He does it all the time.  :D :D

Remind me not to get into a "stat" argument with Lurker, he's one of the few "elite" Texans who can use a calculator.  ;D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2009, 07:57:35 AM »
The stats do back up my premise.  That is the whole point of the argument.  Lurker was mistaken.

AS far as the adjusted plus-minus is concerned, I'm becoming less and less impressed with the stat. Simply watching a game, you can see a player on a team making every shot, playing great defense and yet his team looses.  He gets subbed out of the game and he gets a negative number even though his PER is very high.  That stat is too simplistic to work with any accuracy at all.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2009, 08:58:58 AM »
The stats do back up my premise.  That is the whole point of the argument.  Lurker was mistaken.

AS far as the adjusted plus-minus is concerned, I'm becoming less and less impressed with the stat. Simply watching a game, you can see a player on a team making every shot, playing great defense and yet his team looses.  He gets subbed out of the game and he gets a negative number even though his PER is very high.  That stat is too simplistic to work with any accuracy at all.

How is Lurker mistaken?  He broke down the stats of both conferences.  Are you saying that the numbers he used was wrong?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
How is Lurker mistaken?  He broke down the stats of both conferences.  Are you saying that the numbers he used was wrong?

No, what rick is saying is that he is completely ignoring the numbers and choses to just state that Lurker is "mistaken".  It's a very effective technique, similar to the classic "I know you are; but what am I" technique used in K1.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"