Author Topic: Bynum out 8-12 weeks  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bynum out 8-12 weeks
« on: February 02, 2009, 06:11:14 PM »
It's more serious then 1st reported.  Wasn't Bynum also going to be out "8-12 weeks" last season and it ended up being the entirety?

Might not want to have those WCFinals trophys engraved just yet, Perple n Goldens.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bynum out 8-12 weeks
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »
They won it last year without Superbyns, so they can certainly do it again.  As far as the 8-12 week thing this injury seems more severe than last years, so I would expect 12 weeks minimum.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 09:11:59 PM »
They won it last year without Superbyns, so they can certainly do it again.  As far as the 8-12 week thing this injury seems more severe than last years, so I would expect 12 weeks minimum.

I'm with you ziggy.  This Lakers team is now the same one that won the WC last year.  Except with experience together.  Even Jackson knows the score...
"This is a team that went to the Finals last year that we put on the floor, so they're confident in what they can do," coach Phil Jackson said at the Lakers' shootaround Monday afternoon, before they announced the severity of the injury. "We know we're going to miss his presence, his rebounding ability. But this is a very capable team."
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 10:57:17 PM »
It's more serious then 1st reported.  Wasn't Bynum also going to be out "8-12 weeks" last season and it ended up being the entirety?

Might not want to have those WCFinals trophys engraved just yet, Perple n Goldens.

That's the ONLY way the Lakers don't destroy the WC, injuries.

Torn MCL sounds pretty bad but the timeframe has not changed.  It was going to be about 2 months but Bynum said on TV today that he's been cleared to start re-hab in a week and a half.  8-12 weeks is on the outside but a sports doc on ESPN said he could be back in 6-8 on the inside.  Hope Bynum makes it back, he was playing some solid b-ball and man-owning Timithy Duncan on both ends of the court.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 12:33:57 AM »

That's the ONLY way the Lakers don't destroy the WC, injuries.

Torn MCL sounds pretty bad but the timeframe has not changed.  It was going to be about 2 months but Bynum said on TV today that he's been cleared to start re-hab in a week and a half.  8-12 weeks is on the outside but a sports doc on ESPN said he could be back in 6-8 on the inside.  Hope Bynum makes it back, he was playing some solid b-ball and man-owning Timithy Duncan on both ends of the court.

I think superbyns needs to make a list of all the bad things he has done, and try to make amends, cause this is karma. :o
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 12:35:59 AM »
I think superbyns needs to make a list of all the bad things he has done, and try to make amends, cause this is karma. :o

I've heard several people say that, so I'm guessing Kendrick Perkins should sustain a career ending injury any time now.  ::)  karma = gay

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 01:07:04 AM »

I've heard several people say that, so I'm guessing Kendrick Perkins should sustain a career ending injury any time now.  ::)  karma = gay

For someone with a good sense of humor you took this one way to serious.

AA Mil

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 10:44:59 AM »

For someone with a good sense of humor you took this one way to serious.

That's because you attacked one of his man crushes.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 10:50:14 AM »
Btw this is the OPPOSITE knee. 

Don't know if you guys noticed or not.  Some of us have out here.  His stance is weird and I wonder if that has something to do with him getting injured the same way on two seperate incidents.

Last injury: 12 weeks, no surgery (they said), Odom came down on the knee going after a ball in the paint.....

This injury: 12 weeks, no surgery (they say), Kobe came down on the knee going in the paint.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 04:44:55 PM »
If it's a torn MCL, almost certainly the medial meniscus is also damaged.  If that's the case, he's having surgery, and he's not going to be 100% again until next season.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 06:01:46 PM »
If it's a torn MCL, almost certainly the medial meniscus is also damaged.  If that's the case, he's having surgery, and he's not going to be 100% again until next season.

They said there is three tier's to the tear and Bynum is more towards 2-3 than he is 1.  Meaning it's bad.

Did you ever get my email with the games?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 10:52:30 PM »

They said there is three tier's to the tear and Bynum is more towards 2-3 than he is 1.  Meaning it's bad.

I read some more details about the severity of the tear and I'm starting to agree with the people saying he's done for the season.  Some Lakers fans are hanging their hopes on how quickly Farmar came back from his knee injury AND surgery but Bynum's injury is far more severe.

With Bynum out for the season, IMO it's going to be very close between the Lakers and Spurs but that's not going to matter since a NOW healthy Rockets team is going to own both those thin front line teams.  You heard it here first folks, Lakers and Spurs are going to be the Rockets biznatches, they will be owned big time come playoff time.  The only thing standing between the Rockets and the NBA Finals is Tissue-Mac and Ron "insane in the membrain" Artest.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 12:19:28 AM »

I read some more details about the severity of the tear and I'm starting to agree with the people saying he's done for the season.  Some Lakers fans are hanging their hopes on how quickly Farmar came back from his knee injury AND surgery but Bynum's injury is far more severe.

With Bynum out for the season, IMO it's going to be very close between the Lakers and Spurs but that's not going to matter since a NOW healthy Rockets team is going to own both those thin front line teams.  You heard it here first folks, Lakers and Spurs are going to be the Rockets biznatches, they will be owned big time come playoff time.  The only thing standing between the Rockets and the NBA Finals is Tissue-Mac and Ron "insane in the membrain" Artest.

Ok W.O.T

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »
  The only thing standing between the Rockets and the NBA Finals is Tissue-Mac and Ron "insane in the membrain" Artest.

That's like saying the only thing between you and your breakfast burrito is a minefield with razor wire surrounding it and sprayed with automatic weapon fire.  You really want that burrito but the chances of you getting there are VERY slim.  The Rockets really want a playoff series win but the odds are VERY slim.
-Moody Blues

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »

Don't discount a finally fully healthy 8th-seed out of the West. I'm thinking of . . .  8)
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton