Author Topic: Brand: Buyers remorse?  (Read 16593 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Brand: Buyers remorse?
« on: January 28, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Signed thru 2013 or whatever at 18 mil per. 
With this years injury added i think his trade value is niloid.

Sixers, are you experiencing buyers remorse?

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brand: Buyers remorse?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 02:40:48 PM »
I'm not.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »
I still think it was a good move.  I'm just waiting to see it on the court.  I think they have the right style of play and that Brand will fit in fine. They just have to play basketball.

It would help if he was totally healthy and in shape, and it would be better if they didn't have him play Center and share the front court with Reggie Evans. That's about as dumb a thing as a coach can do.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 03:48:52 PM »

It would help if he was totally healthy and in shape, and it would be better if they didn't have him play Center and share the front court with Reggie Evans. That's about as dumb a thing as a coach can do.

Couldn't agree more about putting him down low with Evans.  Speights, Sam, and Young are all better compliments to him. 

We still need to see him at full strength and give DiLeo some time to iron out the kinks.  You certainly can't say it was a bad move.  I'm still pretty hopeful that we'll be able to fit him in.   

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 03:54:02 PM »
Do you want to see what Brand does with Dileo vs Mobert before assessing?

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 07:36:05 PM »
Do you want to see what Brand does with Dileo vs Mobert before assessing?

Absolutely.  The Sixers are sooo much better without Cheeks that it's hard to believe the difference a coach can make. That last game really bothered me, before that, I was pretty happy with the substitutions and match-ups.

I don't even think it will be an issue once we go a couple more games.  The Sixers play basketball. They set screens and picks, run around and move the ball, they roll to the basket and create open lanes.  It's an ideal situation for players who can dribble and cut to the basket. Considering that they have players like Young, Iguodala, Miller and Williams, there are plenty of players to distribute and drive.  Players will have the chance to shoot inside or outside, pass inside out, or outside in.  By the time the playoffs roll around they will have their half-court offense executing with great efficiency.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
How about now?

"Attention Sixers Shoppers.  All items can be returned to the customer service area.  There will be a 50% surcharge on all injured/returned items."

Move Brand for whatever you can or wait and see what the modern miracles of medicine can do?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 08:16:24 PM »
a torn labrum now falls into the "miracle" category?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 10:07:53 PM »
But he's bound to lose 2-3 miles of velocity off his heater. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 10:08:41 PM »
The guy fell down and got hurt.  It was a bad fall and a bit of a freak landing, stuff happens.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 01:50:44 AM »
I think they'll be fine if they let Miller walk.  As far as I'm concerned, it's Miller or Brand, and Miller isn't a championship caliber PG.  He just isn't.  He's a good PG on a bad team, but he's not what you need for a team to go the distance.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 08:23:05 AM »
I'd be O.K. if they trade Miller for some value.  I'd be disappointed if they just let him walk, which helps them in no way given their current cap situation.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 11:18:10 AM »
They'll need a replacement PG if they let him go.  I can't see tradeing Miller, because I don't see anyone out there that the Sixers could get instead who would be better.

Now that Brand is out, we get to see them develop Spieghts. Had they realized who they drafted, they might not have gone after Brand!

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 10:12:27 PM »
I think Miller needs to sign an extension or be shown the door.  In a perfect world he signs for two more years and we develop a young PG under him in that time from this year's draft.  If he won't sign an extension, it is time to move him.  Letting him walk this summer does nothing for hte team cap-space wise and the chances of getting much back in a S&T are slim.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 11:56:05 PM »
a torn labrum now falls into the "miracle" category? 
By "miracle" i meant what Drs are doing with micros and the such ie Amare and wasn't Kobmes shoulder pretty jacked up a few years ago?
If Brands shoulder can be brought back to 100%, great.

But he didnt look like his old self before the shoulder injury, so i dunno.  He's gonna be pretty untradeable if he does return and stays at 70% of the prime Brand.

Again, if he makes it back to 100% on the shoulder and even 90% overall of the 2002-8 Brand, good for the Sixers.