Author Topic: Gerald Wallace injury update?  (Read 11360 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gerald Wallace injury update?
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2009, 11:41:26 AM »
My nanny?  Your stupidity gets to everyone Reality.  It's not just me. 

We know you didn't watch the game so stop lying.  You turn off the Spurs/Lakers game but were way into the Bobcats/Lakers? LOL.  You are very bad at lying little buddy.

Really though, you should be banned for the same reason Jem has been banned.  Or banned because it's been like 5 years and you still don't know how to quote people properly  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 06:51:04 PM »
I am just saying you can't do it every time and certainly have to consider if it was a freak injury/accident.

I actually disagree with labeling this a freak injury/accident because of the nature of the foul committed.  If someone committed a regular, run-of-the-mill foul and it resulted in a broken bone, twisted ankle, etc.  Sure that's a freak accident.  If someone commits a flagrant foul, an action that by definition has no place in the game of basketball PERIOD! . . . and that action leads to a broken bone, twisted ankle, etc.; its not a freak accident.  The reason certain actions are labeled FLAGRANT is because they have a tendency to lead to SERIOUS INJURY.  Here's a real life situation for you:

Years ago in a pick-up game, my friend Steve (6'3, 175 at the time) was flying down court with the ball in his usual long-stride, gazelle-like gait, and fast.  My other friend Jim (only defender back), did a defensive slide, half-hearted matador swipe at the ball to give at least a bit of effort.  Unbelievably, Jim's right foot moved to the exact spot on the floor where Steve's left foot came down on a dead run.  Steve goes down like a pile of bricks, face first into the floor.  Ends up breaking his front tooth in half and being taken to the hospital to stop the bleeding.  Definition of a FREAK accident, Jim's move was neither malicious or flagrant. 

Changing that situation around where Jim comes over and does a 2-hand push of Steve in the air which leads to Steve breaking his mouth.  You bet Jim wouldn't be called out for games of pick-up anymore.

See the difference?       
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:56:47 PM by Skandery »
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 10:37:50 PM »
Or banned because it's been like 5 years and you still don't know how to quote people properly  :D

I agree, long-term stupidity should be a "ban-able" offense.

Honestly guys, is it that hard to use the quote feature?

IMO the Jem ban is BS.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 10:46:17 PM »
The Laker Bois want quoting them banned.  :D

weakoast, you clearly inferred if not flat stated that Wallace "ran into Byns".  Spare us.
As Skandy has already exposed, Byns was late on the rotation and thereby applied a cheap shot Flagrant.

As to seeing it live or on the millions of ensuing replays, replays in total i might add, skirt away.  ::)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2009, 12:27:14 AM »
IMO the Jem ban is BS.

Was he actually banned or is this just supposition?  Is there something specific he did?  I didn't see him as being any more obnoxious than the rest of us.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2009, 12:54:35 AM »
Was he actually banned or is this just supposition?  Is there something specific he did?  I didn't see him as being any more obnoxious than the rest of us.

Yeah I was confused, too, and Derek addressed it.  Honestly I agree in that Jem didn't seem any more or any less abrasive or obnoxious than any other poster around.  Then again WayOutWest has long been one of my favorite posters to show you my sick sense of what I consider humor.  Don't blow you're head up too big, Miggy. 

I believe Derek was a bit more sensitive to Jem because apparently he had a long history of flaming or just cutting arguments off with "your stupid" on that RealGM board they were both on.  He did it with Derek on this board and it was one too many.  Derek figured with our small, tight-knit community, we just didn't need that kind of contribution.  Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing Jem back.  Like I said, I never saw him maliciously go over the line multiple times . . . but that's for the Mod to decide.     
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2009, 01:06:40 AM »
Bods fully explained himself here:  It's from the other side. 

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=5237.msg57209;topicseen#msg57209

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2009, 03:53:57 AM »

weakoast, you clearly inferred if not flat stated that Wallace "ran into Byns".  Spare us.
As Skandy has already exposed, Byns was late on the rotation and thereby applied a cheap shot Flagrant.

As to seeing it live or on the millions of ensuing replays, replays in total i might add, skirt away.  ::)

Did someone throw Wallace into the air?  My comment was about jumping into traffic and getting nailed in general.  Who the hell would say that Wallace jumped into his elbow on purpose?  Think.    Quit trying to hint around what you want to make up what *I* was saying, it's annoying as usual.  Guys get hit while in the air all the time in a bunch of different ways and don't loose a lung.  That's pretty serious for a basketball injury.

And obviously other people don't want you banned.  Not even W.O.W would want you banned.  It has nothing to do with quoting and everything to do with you flaming on the message board.  And no I don't mean it in the sense that you have a lot of pictures of men with Laker logos on them. 

I believe Derek was a bit more sensitive to Jem because apparently he had a long history of flaming or just cutting arguments off with "your stupid" on that RealGM board they were both on.

Yeah as oppose to having a long history of flaming or just cutting good debates off with pure stupidity like Reality?

Skander a collapsed lung is pretty serious for a basketball injury when you are attacking the rim.  Guys attack the rim in every game (which is what Reality is trying his darnest to twist around).  When they get slammed to the ground or hit around the upper half of their body they sustain injuries but rarely puncture lungs.  They often open up that area when trying to throw down a thunderous dunk and I can't remember the last time someone broke a rib.    I am in no way justifying the elbow but I think there was a small location on his body he hit him that caused so much damage.   That is why I call it a freak injury because it's not easy to bust the rib cage like that.  The force of Bynum moving his body into Wallace and Wallace taking off like a rocket ship just happened to collide at a sharp point (his elbow) and cracked the rib.  Not even BJ Penn broke his ribs last night when George St Pierre was taking knees to his rib cage.  You have to literally hit a sweet spot to do it.   You get lucky if you break someones rib in a fight I guess is what im trying to say.

Side note: Do you guys think its doable for the league to switch out fines with community service hours?  Or is that pushing into their personal lives too much?  I'm thinking why does an nba basketball player care if he has to pay 10,000?  Isn't the whole point to teach players a lesson.  I am talking this play and in general when it comes to flagrants or mouthing off to the coaching staff ala Joakim Noah.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 04:31:58 AM by westkoast »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 09:41:56 AM »

No dummy.  I want people who have NOT figured out how to use the
feature after years and years of posting banned!  Basically stupid = banned.  Only ONE guy will get banned IMO. ;D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
Really though, you should be banned for the same reason Jem has been banned.

Now guys . . . Jem WAS pretty stupid, as you remember.

IMO the Jem ban is BS.

I know, it's tough WoW. You miss him because you could actually take him in an intellectual one on one.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 10:49:33 PM »
I know, it's tough WoW. You miss him because you could actually take him in an intellectual one on one.

It was like a battle of NBA giants...in the relm of Avery Johnson vs Smush Parker.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2009, 10:42:43 AM »

It was like a battle of NBA giants...in the relm of Avery Johnson vs Smush Parker.

Everyone knows that the CBA all star would wipe the floor with the CBA scrub. 

So do you identify yourself as all star Avery or scrub Smush?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »

W.O.W is obviously Avery Johnson the coach of the Dallas Mavericks when they lost to the Warriors, duh Lurker.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2009, 10:58:29 AM »

W.O.W is obviously Avery Johnson the coach of the Dallas Mavericks when they lost to the Warriors, duh Lurker.

So W.O.W. wants to be like Avery.  If we could only get Randy to come back and post something like that.   :D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 10:44:42 PM »

That's right biznatches!!!  Just like Avery, I yell and scream my head off....but nobody is listening to me me anymore.... :-\
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"