Author Topic: Tony Parker trade for JO or Bosh?  (Read 1655 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Tony Parker trade for JO or Bosh?
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:23:09 AM »
Again with the "insider" pay service.  There is a headline on ESPN insider about the Raptors being interested in a Parker trade.  Is it Tony Parker or someone else?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tony Parker trade for JO or Bosh?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:28:30 AM »
Again with the "insider" pay service.  There is a headline on ESPN insider about the Raptors being interested in a Parker trade.  Is it Tony Parker or someone else?

I know you woill always hope that the Spurs management would make some bonehead move to help the Lakers.  But Reality is not part of the front office no matter how many "sources" he cites.

Reluctant Move
Anthony Parker | Raptors

Whatever, Bryan Colangelo, the Raptors president and GM, has made it known that, while Anthony Parker's expiring contract may be an attractive trading chip come the Feb.19 deadline, it'd be a reluctant move.

"It's not like this is a revelation to us that this guy is capable of playing the way he is," said Colangelo. "It's for the same reason that I've been saying things like it would be hard to part with him in a deal because of how important he is to this team." -- Toronto Star
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:40:05 AM »

I know you woill always hope that the Spurs management would make some bonehead move to help the Lakers.  But Reality is not part of the front office no matter how many "sources" he cites.

Hoping an opposing team screws up so your team can win is a trait you might posses but that thought did not cross my mind.  IMO yes it would be a screw up but I'm not hoping for Spurs screw up to help the Lakers.  Kind of a stupid assumption from you since the Lakers are better than the Spurs already, they don't need any help from the Spurs in that regard.  Regardless, it was not such a far off idea considering the Spurs will not do much of anything in the playoffs without an addition to the front court that can help TD.  :P
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 10:42:33 AM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:48:45 AM »
Yeah Bosh for Parker would be such a bad idea to consider.  You know, Bosh and TD on a frontline. 

........Cousin Lurker.  ::) :D

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:49:44 AM »

Hoping an opposing team screws up so your team can win is a trait you might posses but that thought did not cross my mind.  IMO yes it would be a screw up but I'm not hoping for Spurs screw up to help the Lakers.  Kind of a stupid assumption from you since the Lakers are better than the Spurs already, they don't need any help from the Spurs in that regard.  Regardless, it was not such a far off idea considering the Spurs will not do much of anything in the playoffs without an addition to the front court that can help TD.  :P

And they would drop even faster without their starting PG.  Stupid suggestion on your part WOW.  And this proves it...

Yeah Bosh for Parker would be such a bad idea to consider.  You know, Bosh and TD on a frontline. 

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:24 AM »
And they would drop even faster without their starting PG.  Stupid suggestion on your part WOW.  And this proves it...

Dam, now I know what it's like to get owned...  :'(

Honestly, I could see this happening if Hill is as good as his stint earlier suggests.  Didn't Pop experiment with a rookie PG before?  What was that guys name?  ;D 

How about a Manu trade for a front line player?  Manu is getting up there in age, you would be giving up your "crunch time" player but IMO TP could step into that role as his Finals MVP suggests.  Plus, with the current roster I don't think Manu is going to get many "crunch time" opportunities in the playoffs.  I really think the Spurs need to make a move, but then again we think this every year since DRob left.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 02:09:03 PM »
Chris Bosh and Tim Duncan on a front line would be great and all....but who would get the ball to them?

Honestly I want to see Bosh move to a better team.  Just feel like his talent will forever be wasted up in Toronto.  He should call up Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter for advice....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »
Chris Bosh and Tim Duncan on a front line would be great and all....but who would get the ball to them?

Have you seen Hill play?  He was putting up pretty good numbers when TP went down but I've read he's used to play the 2 and the 1 is still a learning experience.

Honestly I want to see Bosh move to a better team.  Just feel like his talent will forever be wasted up in Toronto.  He should call up Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter for advice....

I feel the same way about Dirk.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"