Author Topic: Spurs owner Holt on trade likelyhoods  (Read 5169 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs owner Holt on trade likelyhoods
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 03:47:25 PM »
They haven't brought him any names because......

Who the heck is out there that is worth pulling the trigger on?  Let's not just yell about no trades being made with out talking about who is not only available but who is worth making a run for.

The Spurs need another big man but I don't see any trade being made for one unless it's Marcus Camby.  Even then who would they have to give up to get him?

Really this is the truth...who is available that is an upgrade over Thomas, Bonner, & Fabs?  And the key word is: AVAILABLE.

I've heard Nazr is available but why would the Spurs want to go backwards?

Camby would be the perfect addition.  A defensive minded player who can rebound and doesn't demand a lot of touches on the offensive end.  Problem is matching salaries although a quick check shows that Kurt Thomas & Bruce Bowen for Camby works.  Someone get Sterling on the phone quick!

You know he might actually do it considering that Kurt Thomas and Bowen have expiring contracts...

Any way The Donald can save money while at the same time convincing guys like WOW to keep buying tickets......

quick tell reality to tell his "inside source" so they can tel Holt!!!   :-\ :-\ :-\
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 05:51:18 PM »
They haven't brought him any names because......

Who the heck is out there that is worth pulling the trigger on?  Let's not just yell about no trades being made with out talking about who is not only available but who is worth making a run for.

The Spurs need another big man but I don't see any trade being made for one unless it's Marcus Camby.  Even then who would they have to give up to get him?

Really this is the truth...who is available that is an upgrade over Thomas, Bonner, & Fabs?  And the key word is: AVAILABLE.

I've heard Nazr is available but why would the Spurs want to go backwards?

Camby would be the perfect addition.  A defensive minded player who can rebound and doesn't demand a lot of touches on the offensive end.  Problem is matching salaries although a quick check shows that Kurt Thomas & Bruce Bowen for Camby works.  Someone get Sterling on the phone quick!

You know he might actually do it considering that Kurt Thomas and Bowen have expiring contracts...

Any way The Donald can save money while at the same time convincing guys like WOW to keep buying tickets......

quick tell reality to tell his "inside source" so they can tel Holt!!!   :-\ :-\ :-\

Already posted this on Reality's "inside source":

http://forums.phillyarena.net/index.php?topic=5325.0
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »
Thank's FRANs.

Indeed, why would the owner of the Spurs speaking live on a local* station about the current trade situation be of any concern to you?  :D

* for those truly living in SA.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »
Indeed, why would the owner of the Spurs speaking live on a local* station about the current trade situation be of any concern to you?  :D

Yea, why is that?  Who started this thread?  :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »
I did.  Are you self owning yet again?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 03:01:48 PM »
I did.  Are you self owning yet again?

If you currently reside in San Antonio and are now a "local"; then yea I would consider myself owned. 

Otherwise..........

Quote from: Reality
Indeed, why would the owner of the Spurs speaking live on a local* station about the current trade situation be of any concern to you? 

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 03:29:22 PM »
Thank's FRANs.

I don't quite understand this.  A trade situation matters to a fan of any team in the conference, especially playoff bound teams does it not?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
Thank's FRANs.

I don't quite understand this.  A trade situation matters to a fan of any team in the conference, especially playoff bound teams does it not?
True westkoast.  Thus the idiocy of trying to downplay Holts live interview.  On the otherhand Wow was twisting my post as if i said only local SAs would be interested.  He self owned again.

But you would expect all RealSpurs from San Antone to take an interest.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »
Thank's FRANs.

True westkoast.  Thus the idiocy of trying to downplay Holts live interview.  On the otherhand Wow was twisting my post as if i said only local SAs would be interested.  He self owned again.

And what would you expect an owner to say? 

"We are targeting Kobe but the other team is asking for Duncan.  Maybe if I embarrass them on live radio they will give in and take Fabs which is all we are offering."

Reality...Holt is NOT going to say anything that would impact any negotiations.  He sidestepped the question the same way every owner or GM in this league does.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 05:30:02 PM »
Thank's FRANs.

And what would you expect an owner to say? 

"We are targeting Kobe but the other team is asking for Duncan.  Maybe if I embarrass them on live radio they will give in and take Fabs which is all we are offering."

Original post Reality: 
Now bear in mind, this does not mean the Spurs will be standing pat as owners do not have to announce their true intentions and in fact very often do not.  But it looks like the pursuit of the Collusionists and the rest of West is gonna feature Timmy Duncan getting frontline help in the form of Bonner, Fabdawg and Michael Finley holding down the C or PF starting spot.

lurker
Reality...Holt is NOT going to say anything that would impact any negotiations. 
Agree.

He sidestepped the question the same way every owner or GM in this league does.

Not true.  Sometimes teams will and do reveal their intent to go after X position free agent(s) and they end up doing just that.  What squeaky Holt plans for a big next to Tim remains unseen.

Holt and the front office put their eggs in the Splitter-Manhimi basket and now its empty.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 05:33:03 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
Thank's FRANs.

Now I am even more confused.  I thought you were talking to Laker fans asking us why we would care about an SA trade.

I am no RealSpurs fan but I am pretty sure it is franchise policy to not discuss trades publicly?

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 06:16:29 PM »
Now I am even more confused.  I thought you were talking to Laker fans asking us why we would care about an SA trade. 
Of course Laker fans should care, or for that matter anyone watching the West, i agree with you.  It affects the playoffs.  The Collusion didn't make the West Conf automatic.  Anyways enjoy WoWs taking you to see Milk tonight.

I am no RealSpurs fan but I am pretty sure it is franchise policy to not discuss trades publicly?
To generalize about filling spots, that is okay. 
However the Spurs are amoungst the best about keeping it under cover until the deal is done.
Barrdog and Kurt Thomas coming over the help the Spurs win the West last year.  Almost.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 07:37:58 PM »
Of course Laker fans should care, or for that matter anyone watching the West, i agree with you.  It affects the playoffs.  The Collusion didn't make the West Conf automatic.  Anyways enjoy WoWs taking you to see Milk tonight.

However the Spurs are amoungst the best about keeping it under cover until the deal is done.
Barrdog and Kurt Thomas coming over the help the Spurs win the West last year.  Almost.

Losts and lots of twisty words to downplay the self ownage post from a NON-LOCAL!

Thank's FRANs.

There is only ONE poster on this board that ONLY cares about the Lakers.  The rest of US keep an eye on most of the NBA, teams, players, coaches, etc..., not just the Lakers.  Notice all the non-Lakers topics and posts?  Probaby not.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »

ok, now he is just speaking gibberish.... :-\ :-\
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 10:28:01 AM »

He sidestepped the question the same way every owner or GM in this league does.

Not true.  Sometimes teams will and do reveal their intent to go after X position free agent(s) and they end up doing just that.  What squeaky Holt plans for a big next to Tim remains unseen.

Do you even understand the difference between commenting on chasing free agents and discussing potential trade targets?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues