Author Topic: Bush Twins  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bush Twins
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/28809961#28809961

Anybody see this?

I was reading about this on the Huffington Post. I thought is was a refreshing, non-political gesture, but some of the reader comments on the Huff Post were downright mean.

"When will the bush twins get a real job? When will their father get a real job, for that matter?"

"breath mints and condoms? aren't obama's kids a little young for that kind of advice?"

"Right. The drunken Bush s l uts giving advice to the Obama pre-teens, who could probably already beat Boy George's hellspawn on an intelligence test. This would go under the heading of, "thanks, but no thanks."

What do you guys think of the connection in the minds of the American people between a President and his children. It seems completely wrong to me. When Rush Limbaugh mocked Chelsea Clinton, it seemed like a new day had dawned. And now the Bush twins are drunken sluts and hellspawn because they act like average American teenagers away at college. Seems like neither right nor left wingers have the right to call themselves the dignified side of the equation.

I hope the Obama girls are spared this kind of judgment when and if they ever act their age.

"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bush Twins
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
No, blame Americans as a whole for letting a few loud mouthed people get all the attention while quietly ignoring level headed and adult comments.  Guys like Rush Limbaugh say things just to get a rise out of people to keep ratings up and his name in people's mouths.  These idiotic comments on the Huffington Post are no different.  This guy wants attention by making an "internet funny".  Instead of ignoring him people get riled up about it, the link gets passed along, and this guy wins for being an idiot.  We never cover "sane" comments nearly as much as "insane" comments.  Btw..You do realize that both sides have people who place comments like this on the site purposely to make their "enemies" look bad?  I've dubbed them "Politicial Trolls"

Slowly Bush jokes get to taper off.  I can't wait till 2010 where it should dwindle down to a few 'Mission Accomplished' references and that is it.  I've heard about all I can after the past 8 years.  I am ready to move on!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 01:39:43 PM »
Btw..You do realize that both sides have people who place comments like this on the site purposely to make their "enemies" look bad?  I've dubbed them "Politicial Trolls"

I'm aware of the troll strategy, but I don't believe it applies here. There were hundreds of posts on the Huffington Post article. Well more than half of them were negative. I obviously picked a few of the most ugly responses for this thread. It will be nice when the country can move on. I just hope we're not disappointed when our new President fails to reach into our psyches and make us as internally happy as we expect him to.

I have high hopes, but not that high.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 01:41:40 PM »
I've defended the Bush twins drinking escapades to the more vociferous attacks.  The hypocrisy of some of the attacks I've heard from some people has been astounding.   I've heard them dismissed as "brainless party girls" by people I used to buy vast quantities of malt liqour for when I was 21 and they were 20.  I recently saw a post on Facebook from an acquaintance who was happy to "finally have a 'real' family in the White House."  WTF?  I'll speak ill of many (okay, most) of Dubya's policies and even some of his personal traits but that's just garbage.    

I'm generally for leaving kids out of the picture.  I sincerely hope that Obama's daughters will soon sink into the background.  I don't know if you saw the earlier thread about this but if you didn't I highly recommend you check out the Daily Shows rip on the media coverage of Sasha and Malias school lunch menu.   It's fantastically cutting satire.    
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »
Btw..You do realize that both sides have people who place comments like this on the site purposely to make their "enemies" look bad?  I've dubbed them "Politicial Trolls"

I'm aware of the troll strategy, but I don't believe it applies here. There were hundreds of posts on the Huffington Post article. Well more than half of them were negative. I obviously picked a few of the most ugly responses for this thread. It will be nice when the country can move on. I just hope we're not disappointed when our new President fails to reach into our psyches and make us as internally happy as we expect him to.

You don't need to have high hopes to have the internally happy feeling.  You just need to be high  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »

Would you say as high as the bush twins are??

j/k.

I never cared for what the media said about them, to me they are young, average girls doing the things that young average girls do, the problem is they had a microscope on them soley because they are the daughters of a U.S. Pres.  McCain's daugter wants to ride to Sturgis, I am sure it's not gonna be clean the whole time she is there, who cares - she is free to do whatever she wants.  Hell I had way too many "mistakes" during my college years, it happens.  Why judge the Bush twins for living their lives.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 01:49:36 PM »
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/28809961#28809961

Anybody see this?

I was reading about this on the Huffington Post. I thought is was a refreshing, non-political gesture, but some of the reader comments on the Huff Post were downright mean.

"When will the bush twins get a real job? When will their father get a real job, for that matter?"

"breath mints and condoms? aren't obama's kids a little young for that kind of advice?"

"Right. The drunken Bush s l uts giving advice to the Obama pre-teens, who could probably already beat Boy George's hellspawn on an intelligence test. This would go under the heading of, "thanks, but no thanks."

What do you guys think of the connection in the minds of the American people between a President and his children. It seems completely wrong to me. When Rush Limbaugh mocked Chelsea Clinton, it seemed like a new day had dawned. And now the Bush twins are drunken sluts and hellspawn because they act like average American teenagers away at college. Seems like neither right nor left wingers have the right to call themselves the dignified side of the equation.

I hope the Obama girls are spared this kind of judgment when and if they ever act their age.

Ted,

I have nothing against anyone's kids, unlike God, I don't buy into the "Sins of the father" type deal.

That comment aside, I'm not baiting or being my typical jack-ass self.....

I want to seriously discuss this because this "hatred" type issue was very prevalent durring this election.

IMO, the right wing is where the majority of these types of idiots reside.  While the left has people who are just as stupid and venemous, they're clearly out numbered by the right.  Rush being a perfect example.  Rush and his kind are the most hateful, racists, hypocritical, and obnoxious celebrities on the air waves.  They are also the most popular and actually have jobs because they are popular.  Their left equivalent do not get the same level support/ratings.  Why?

Why doesn't the left succeed?  Are they not hatefull/outrageous enough or are there not enough people who agree with them to support them and make them succesful?  I really don't know for sure BUT my first hand experience tells me there are way more right wing nuts than left.  Not to say I don't know as many "lefty's", they just don't talk that way nor do they proudly support the type of venom when it's directed at the right.  I'm 39 and I've never heard such venom on main stream media as I do on shows such as Rush.  Maybe the lefties are better at hidding it or too cowardly to openly support their left wing nuts but you don't have to risk anything to anonomously support a venemous celebrity.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 02:58:22 PM »
I have nothing against anyone's kids, unlike God, I don't buy into the "Sins of the father" type deal.

Which God are you talking about? Not mine.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 03:31:52 PM »
IMO, the right wing is where the majority of these types of idiots reside.  While the left has people who are just as stupid and venemous, they're clearly out numbered by the right.

"Well . . . they're meaner than we are! So they deserve it."

You may be right about that. It was the Huffington Post and that should say something about who was reading and posting there. The likelihood of finding responses unfriendly to Bush is high. But honestly, I'm getting pretty sick of each side saying "well they're even meaner than we are!" My five-year old likes to use that one all the time.

This particular batch of venom stuck out to me because it is directed at someone with no involvement in politics, and it comes in response to a conciliatory, gracious gesture, not some damaging policy or botched strategy. And it comes directly from the people, not pundits.

Who knows where it all starts? Are Limbaugh and Coulter popular because they make right-wingers become like them? Or because right-wingers are already like them? Do they create the hate? Or is it already there?

And that begs the question: If the pundits make the right-wing pricks, who makes the left-wing pricks? Cuz there sure are a helluva a lot of them on places like the Huff Post.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »

Which God are you talking about? Not mine.

That was a joke...hence:

That comment aside, I'm not baiting or being my typical jack-ass self.....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 03:36:20 PM »
That was a joke...hence:

You always pull back from your God jokes. You don't actually believe in the big guy, do you?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 03:37:56 PM »
IMO, the right wing is where the majority of these types of idiots reside.  While the left has people who are just as stupid and venemous, they're clearly out numbered by the right.
"Well . . . they're meaner than we are! So they deserve it."

I'm not trying to justify why people act like "bastard covered bastards filled with bastard", I'm just saying there are a lot more of them on the right and they seem to have taken it to a whole new level and love it when it's their side doing the bashing.  So when I hear the right, not you Ted, complaining about "bashing" I just shake my head in disbelief.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 03:39:29 PM »
That was a joke...hence:

You always pull back from your God jokes. You don't actually believe in the big guy, do you?

Doesnt' hurt to cover your bets....
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 03:44:15 PM »
"I believe the exact quote is "bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 04:04:10 PM »
"I believe the exact quote is "bastard-covered bastards with bastard filling."

Bastard filling....ah.....should I drop a big Mexican had in the middle of my post so you can dance around it as well?  :P
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"