Author Topic: LT on Chargers trading block  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
LT on Chargers trading block
« on: January 20, 2009, 05:56:05 PM »
Altho the Norv Turnerovich Chargers will not confirm it, reporters such as ex longtime local beatwriter and now S.I. writer Jim Trotter say LT and San Diego are done, period.

Myself i would have liked to have seen the Chargers in 2006 keep Michael Turner and trade Tomlinson for the Bears db/return man extraordinairre Hester.  That ship has long since sailed.  Or offered LT for Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals when supposedly they were at odds.  Another long sailed ship.

The talk now is only a 4th round draft pick for LT.  Eagles, other NFL teams are you game?  You want to beat a 4th rd draft pick?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: LT on Chargers trading block
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:14:47 PM »
20/20 hindsight is AMAZING!  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 06:46:33 PM »
LT's got a LOT of carries on that body, which will be 30 years old by the start of next year.

I'd have to look at his cap hit to determine whether I'd trade a 4th for him.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 08:15:35 PM »
Which is why I said at the time in 2006, see what can be gotten for LT and keep Michael Turner.

Now run along and play outside with westkoast.  You can stalk me later.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 08:48:23 PM »
Which is why I said at the time in 2006, see what can be gotten for LT and keep Michael Turner.

Sure you did.  I think I remember saying that the Shaq trade would eventually get the Lakers Gasol if we worked the contracts just right with Caron and Kwame.  I think I also said in 2006 that despite their 2-0 series lead and being up 14 points in the 4th quarter of game 3 in the finals that DWade would single handedly bring the Heat back and win the title.  I think people might have missed my comments because of all the board talk about the possibility of a black president....
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 02:16:27 AM »

Sure you did.  I think I remember saying that the Shaq trade would eventually get the Lakers Gasol if we worked the contracts just right with Caron and Kwame.  I think I also said in 2006 that despite their 2-0 series lead and being up 14 points in the 4th quarter of game 3 in the finals that DWade would single handedly bring the Heat back and win the title.  I think people might have missed my comments because of all the board talk about the possibility of a black president....

Yes I remember that as well, unfortunately for you that was in one of the early versions of the board, pre-2004, and all those posts were lost.  At first I thought is was Randy and not you, then I came to my senses. 
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil