Author Topic: OT - Obama a short term president?  (Read 5729 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT - Obama a short term president?
« on: January 19, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »
I have been hearing and reading a lot of chatter that Obama will not make it through his first year let alone his first term.  He's made a few "Top X" lists of people who are going to die in 2009.  Most people on the list are either really old, ill, abusers, or in the case of Obama a high "foul play" target.

Anybody else hear anything on this topic.  I've asked a couple of people about it but nobody has anything specific.  Other than racists, who wants Obama rubbed out?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - Obama a short term president?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 10:51:38 AM »
Republicans?  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 11:38:06 AM »
Anyone who wants the "race card" to remain in play.  It's a case where racists and the "racial victims" have a common cause, and strategic maneuvering could mean additional political capital for either side.

Personally, I think Obama is untouchable, because the American people *WANT* him.  The stakes are too high;  if you're regarded as a fringe movement, you risk drawing complete public condemnation of your cause if you do as little as CRITICIZE Obama.

I think the man is going to get his chance.  I'm still upset about the way he voted on the bank bailout bill, but I think Obama is a worthy successor to the legacy of REAGAN - a president who changed the vision of the country towards optimism.  I don't doubt that there are tons of people who want him to fail.  But those are not people that I consider "good people."
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »
Anyone who wants the "race card" to remain in play.  It's a case where racists and the "racial victims" have a common cause, and strategic maneuvering could mean additional political capital for either side.

Personally, I think Obama is untouchable, because the American people *WANT* him.  The stakes are too high;  if you're regarded as a fringe movement, you risk drawing complete public condemnation of your cause if you do as little as CRITICIZE Obama.

I think the man is going to get his chance.  I'm still upset about the way he voted on the bank bailout bill, but I think Obama is a worthy successor to the legacy of REAGAN - a president who changed the vision of the country towards optimism.  I don't doubt that there are tons of people who want him to fail.  But those are not people that I consider "good people."

Regan changed the vision for WHITE America, made them feel better about themselves and planted the seed that began the of division in this country.  That Dubya Bush administration took that division to a whole new level.  IMO the Regan administration is exactly what I hate about this country and all communities that like to point fingers and blame "others" for their problems.  "Others" are typically minorities and the poor.  After Regans' "welfare queen", it's quite easy to follow through with "immigrant job stealer" or "gay family value destroyer" or "Islam America killer".  I'm sure the likes of Rove would come up with much more clever ways of getting those ideas accross to "small town TRUE America", or at least dumb it down enough for the conservative in-breeders to comprehend.

I sure hope Obama is NOTHING like Regan.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 12:07:35 PM »
Reagan changed the vision for *AMERICA*, not for "White America."

The change was there for everyone, and if someone was just coasting by because the system would let them, then they missed the optimism of the early '80's.

Inflation - down.  Unemployment - down.  Taxes - down.  Interest rates were still sky-high, and spending, especially military spending went through the roof, so, no, Reagan wasn't perfect.  But the fact remains that he was good.  If Obama does as well as Reagan, he'll be either the best or second-best president in my lifetime, with Reagan being the other.

Democrats and Republicans weren't in a stalemate in Congress, and Democrats pushed through Reagan's agenda.  When's the last time we heard of something like that?  Oh - the bailout bill - which most Americans OPPOSED.  Right now, Americans are disgusted with their government, and for good reason.  No wonder no one is happy with things;  the way things are, THIS SUCKS!

Face it, it took us almost 20 years and one of the worst Presidents in history in George W. Bush to undo what Reagan did for the country.  If Obama can get us started on 20 years of prosperity, with a postive sense of who we are and what we're doing, then I'd argue that he's one of the 10 best presidents in history.  If being an American is not just something to "feel" proud of, but to "be" proud of, then we're back on the right track.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 12:12:51 PM »
Reagan changed the vision for *AMERICA*, not for "White America."

The change was there for everyone, and if someone was just coasting by because the system would let them, then they missed the optimism of the early '80's.

Inflation - down.  Unemployment - down.  Taxes - down.  Interest rates were still sky-high, and spending, especially military spending went through the roof, so, no, Reagan wasn't perfect.  But the fact remains that he was good.  If Obama does as well as Reagan, he'll be either the best or second-best president in my lifetime, with Reagan being the other.

Check out who benefited the MOST from Reagan's "vision", "white vision" IMO.  I did. 
Check out the terms/language Reagan used to express his administrations conservative views.  I did. 

Reagan was the blue print for GW Bush.   Us vs Them.  I fell into the "Them" catagory.

Edit: I should at least spell the guys name correctly....  ;D
« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:18:22 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 12:16:09 PM »
oh boy

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 12:20:12 PM »
If he can come close to getting the country back on the right track I'll consider it a major success.  Whether he's like Reagan or Clinton doesn't matter all that much to me at this point.  I think they both helped this country in different ways.  They both were able to at least lead and have the people follow.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2009, 12:26:02 PM »
If he can come close to getting the country back on the right track I'll consider it a major success.  Whether he's like Reagan or Clinton doesn't matter all that much to me at this point.  I think they both helped this country in different ways.  They both were able to at least lead and have the people follow.  

Reagan was a flocking idiot and liar.  Clinton was a liar.  I have higher hopes for Obama.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »

Reagan was a flocking idiot and liar.  Clinton was a liar.  I have higher hopes for Obama.

Every president is a liar and has bad things happen under their watch.  I wouldn't expect Barack Obama to be any different.  I believe he brings in energy and optimism but to pretend like he'll be immune to things that every other president before him fell ill too? Can't do it.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009, 12:35:55 PM »
Every president is a liar and has bad things happen under their watch.  I wouldn't expect Barack Obama to be any different.  I believe he brings in energy and optimism but to pretend like he'll be immune to things that every other president before him fell ill too? Can't do it.

Agreed but I'm not going to blinded to his faults either just because some people say so or it's unpopular to have a different opinion.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »
. . . or at least dumb it down enough for the conservative in-breeders to comprehend.

WoW, what's your political party affiliation again?

Yeah, I thought so.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2009, 01:51:13 PM »
. . . or at least dumb it down enough for the conservative in-breeders to comprehend.

Yeah, I thought so.

Republican....I was given a pamphlet when I registered that contains all the derogatory and generalizing terms available to us.  Unfortunately I got an "urbanized" version that was printed as a joke and I took it seriously. Can you send me a copy of the correct one?  You know, the one with "welfare queen" in it and the updated terms for Muslims, immigrants, gays, and free thinkers?  Thanks....

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »

Yeah, I thought so.

Republican....I was given a pamphlet when I registered that contains all the derogatory and generalizing terms available to us.  Unfortunately I got an "urbanized" version that was printed as a joke and I took it seriously. Can you send me a copy of the correct one?  You know, the one with "welfare queen" in it and the updated terms for Muslims, immigrants, gays, and free thinkers?  Thanks....

Terrorists.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2009, 02:17:57 PM »
Terrorists.

Since you are a resident of the OC, I should have know you were a fellow Republican, thanks for the update "bro".  ;D 

It is kinda weird for me voting Demo the last couple of time.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"