Author Topic: Lakers vs Cavs  (Read 6160 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lakers vs Cavs
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 03:27:26 PM »

Lebron is clearly the front runner for MVP and deservedly so.  I would say he has surpassed Kobe in all areas with the single exception of killer instinct.  The argument I can't disagree with on why Lebron is better than Kobe is if they were to switch teams, would the Cavs be as good?  No way.  And would the Lakers be even better with Bron?  Probably.  Lebron is carrying that team and Kobe clearly has the better supporting cast.  Of course, although one is a 2 and the other a 3, Lebron is just so big and strong it's almost like comparing Steve Nash to Shaq ... okay, maybe not that dramatic a size differential, but Lebron is a bull and with his improved outside shot and defense, he's getting to that scary, only comes around once in a lifetime, good.  
Praise be.  WayOutWest are you getting this?!

And Reality, you're intellectual contributions are stimulating as usual.  Keep up the good work.

And after a Reality type post like yours, you keep up the good work too!

OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeBron James is incredible.  He shows flashes of being the greatest player to ever step on the court.  He's obviously closed the gap between Kobe and himself, although IMO Kobe is still a tiny bit better.  I think before this season is over he will become the best player in the league in route to his first MVP.  LeBron will also soon close the gap between Jordan and himself.  I don't know if he can surpass the greatest/most dominant player I've ever seen, Shaq, but it does seem possible.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »

Lebron is clearly the front runner for MVP and deservedly so.  I would say he has surpassed Kobe in all areas with the single exception of killer instinct.  The argument I can't disagree with on why Lebron is better than Kobe is if they were to switch teams, would the Cavs be as good?  No way.  And would the Lakers be even better with Bron?  Probably.  Lebron is carrying that team and Kobe clearly has the better supporting cast.  Of course, although one is a 2 and the other a 3, Lebron is just so big and strong it's almost like comparing Steve Nash to Shaq ... okay, maybe not that dramatic a size differential, but Lebron is a bull and with his improved outside shot and defense, he's getting to that scary, only comes around once in a lifetime, good.  

And Reality, you're intellectual contributions are stimulating as usual.  Keep up the good work.

OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeBron James is incredible.  He shows flashes of being the greatest player to ever step on the court.  He's obviously closed the gap between Kobe and himself, although IMO Kobe is still a tiny bit better.  I think before this season is over he will become the best player in the league in route to his first MVP.  LeBron will also soon close the gap between Jordan and himself.  I don't know if he can surpass the greatest/most dominant player I've ever seen, Shaq, but it does seem possible.

I agree, you've been owned by msc and Lebron has overtaken Timmy Dunks as RealMVP.

self ownage at its finest! :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 03:35:07 PM »

OWNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, you've been owned by msc and Lebron has overtaken Timmy Dunks as RealMVP.

self ownage at its finest! :D

Will you ever learn to use the Quote feature in route to your MVP (Most Valuable PWN3D) award?

I've got over a billion ownage certificates for you and "Fabbs", I'm running out of storage space.  :D

RETARDAGE at it's finest!  ;D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 03:37:09 PM »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
Did the headbutt hurt as much as the career threatening dislocated pinky of Kobe?  :D

Realownage. ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 03:52:16 PM »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 04:20:17 PM »
It just keeps getting better.....
and this is coming from a chick!  :D

kobe is definitely a tough player. but i have a dislocated pinky right now too and it hurts but honestly you can still shoot.

dont get me wrong, im not disagreeing, but the finger crap is not all that hard to play with. hes done other things to prove hes tough but this whole finger thing is blown out of proportion.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »
It just keeps getting better.....
and this is coming from a chick!  :D

kobe is definitely a tough player. but i have a dislocated pinky right now too and it hurts but honestly you can still shoot.

dont get me wrong, im not disagreeing, but the finger crap is not all that hard to play with. hes done other things to prove hes tough but this whole finger thing is blown out of proportion.

So a girl shooting a basketball at the park is the same as having to not just shoot but guard other talented PRO players?  LOL. 

I don't think him hurting the pinky is the end of the world but if youve ever done what he did, then have someone pop it back, you would understand it's a nagging injury that is very bothersome.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009, 05:46:33 PM »
Tough is running through a 3-hour practice with a broken knee-cap, only to then go to the doctor and come home in a cast.  (One of my players for the Show-Me Games two years ago.)

Tough is having a finger amputated so that you can play next weekend.  (Ronnie Lott.)

Tough is NOT playing through an injury that supposedly requires surgery, only to then say, "Well, I don't guess I *REALLY* need surgery."  Not unless we're going to start calling folks like Tracy McGrady "tough."

Kobe has played through injury.  Many players have.  But true "toughness" involves not making it an issue every big moment.

That's not saying that Kobe isn't tough;  it's apparent that he is.  But the tough "image" is a poor facsimile of what the player really is.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009, 06:13:24 PM »
Tough is running through a 3-hour practice with a broken knee-cap, only to then go to the doctor and come home in a cast.  (One of my players for the Show-Me Games two years ago.)

Tough is having a finger amputated so that you can play next weekend.  (Ronnie Lott.)

Tough is NOT playing through an injury that supposedly requires surgery, only to then say, "Well, I don't guess I *REALLY* need surgery."  Not unless we're going to start calling folks like Tracy McGrady "tough."

Kobe has played through injury.  Many players have.  But true "toughness" involves not making it an issue every big moment.

That's not saying that Kobe isn't tough;  it's apparent that he is.  But the tough "image" is a poor facsimile of what the player really is.

Joe, could you please post a link to a video or press release by Kobe or his people that involved "making it an issue every big moment."

Thanks, I'll be holding my breath.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lTMyK90fCc&eurl=http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114833

Just like little bitch Kobe headbutted DWade to save the two point *victory* a few nights ago, here's video of Azira doing a similiar cheapie on Lebron last night.
One of many on LeBron not called.  Surprise surprise.

The funniest thing about Reality's post is that it was copied from a SpursTalk  topic making FUN of LeBron for being such a sissy for making the light "brushing" of heads into a full blown "drama" head smashing!   :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D  Even the youtube link is making fun of the incident.  People kiss their toddlers with more head contact than that!!!  OWNAGE!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 08:11:23 PM »
The funniest thing about your trying to diss me and SpursTalk is when i made a post over there, made the same post here, and you tried to diss me for not being more original and accused me of copying the ST post.  Which unbeknownst to you (at the time), was mine.

Self ownage of the decade.

I have my stalker control people watching you.  ;)

And for the record, your distortion of the above post, the poster got creamed for his and your idiotic take that Lebron was faking it.  Also DWade a few nights before when Kobe headbutted Wade as he had the ball and the potential game tie, which you Nozers wont touch with a ten foot pole.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 08:13:48 PM by Reality »

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 08:31:39 PM »

Joe, could you please post a link to a video or press release by Kobe or his people that involved "making it an issue every big moment."

Well, we wouldn't want you to do that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290119013
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-kobe21-2009jan21,0,3788403.story
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-lakers15feb15,1,1023609.story

I'd keep posting, but "Kobe Bryant finger injury" lists 30,400 results from the indexed area on Google.  Granted, it's not as severe as, for example, Tracy McGrady injury, with 167,000 results, and nowhere near as serious as Michael Jordan's fever, with 446,000 results, but that's pretty bad.

Zydrunas Ilgauskus missed several seasons with injury, and only got 44,700 results.

Bill Walton, synonymous with "injury" in his career only had 101,000 results, and 395,000 when the plural "injuries" is used.  Bryant has already surpassed him, with 593,000 when we remove the finger from the search.

Ronnie Lott's finger being amputated only gets 69,500 results.

Heck, Kobe Bryant's injuries are more serious than his rape charge.  That only gets 45,200 results.

John Stockton injury and Karl Malone injury don't even get indexed versions - despite the fact that each of them had significant injuries that caused them to miss parts of seasons.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 08:38:45 PM »
The funniest thing about your trying to diss me and SpursTalk is when i made a post over there, made the same post here, and you tried to diss me for not being more original and accused me of copying the ST post.  Which unbeknownst to you (at the time), was mine.

Self ownage of the decade.

I have my stalker control people watching you.  ;)

And for the record, your distortion of the above post, the poster got creamed for his and your idiotic take that Lebron was faking it.  Also DWade a few nights before when Kobe headbutted Wade as he had the ball and the potential game tie, which you Nozers wont touch with a ten foot pole.

So the Fabbs guy the Spurs fans call an IDIOT on SpursTalk is you?  LOL!  Even they think your attempted Lakers disses are stupid and they HATE the Lakers!!!!! (We need a LOSER smiley) I'm dissing you for TRYING to bring psuedo-good points from SpursTalk and trying to pretend they are your own.  Of course stupid posts are attributed to you....it's the good posts that throw me off but now I know it's the SpursTalk guys.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 08:40:55 PM »

Well, we wouldn't want you to do that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290119013
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers-kobe21-2009jan21,0,3788403.story
http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-lakers15feb15,1,1023609.story

I'd keep posting, but "Kobe Bryant finger injury" lists 30,400 results from the indexed area on Google.  Granted, it's not as severe as, for example, Tracy McGrady injury, with 167,000 results, and nowhere near as serious as Michael Jordan's fever, with 446,000 results, but that's pretty bad.

Zydrunas Ilgauskus missed several seasons with injury, and only got 44,700 results.

Bill Walton, synonymous with "injury" in his career only had 101,000 results, and 395,000 when the plural "injuries" is used.  Bryant has already surpassed him, with 593,000 when we remove the finger from the search.

Ronnie Lott's finger being amputated only gets 69,500 results.

Heck, Kobe Bryant's injuries are more serious than his rape charge.  That only gets 45,200 results.

John Stockton injury and Karl Malone injury don't even get indexed versions - despite the fact that each of them had significant injuries that caused them to miss parts of seasons.

LOL!  As soon as I started watching NBA coast to coast they interviewed Bryant and all he talked about was his finger!  Frigging Kobe, first Colorado now this!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"