Author Topic: Yao wants T-Mac out of Houston? (Stupid rumor or legit?)  (Read 1511 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Yao wants T-Mac out of Houston? (Stupid rumor or legit?)
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:11:24 PM »
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/85237-source-yao-wants-mcgrady-traded?eref=fromSI

"The Rockets are putting a positive spin on this, but Waiting for Tracy is a play that nobody in Houston wants to see anymore -- up to and including the big man, Yao Ming. "They don't speak," an extremely plugged-in person tells me. "And Yao wants him out." That's not likely this season, as McGrady's $20.3 million is toxic to too many teams' luxury tax plans. Next summer, though, when McGrady will have an expiring, $22.4 million contract, teams may well circle the Rockets looking to make a deal. It's not personal between Yao and McGrady. They like one another. But Yao's frustration is real. And Yao is not the only person that's grown tired of McGrady's self-diagnosis, his up-to-the-last-minute decisions on whether he'll play or not. This isn't questioning his toughness; McGrady took a bunch of pain-killing shots just to get through the first round of the playoffs. And it's unfair of anyone to judge McGrady on his ability to play well in pain; some can, some can't. Ron Artest wanted to keep playing on what the team is now calling a "stress reaction" in his ankle after gutting it out for a month, but he's been shut down for a week to 10 days. One veteran scout who worked a Rockets game recently was shocked by the deterioration in the still-29-year-old McGrady's game."

What do you guys think?  Stupid rumor or is this legit?  Why would Yao be upset when he has missed plenty of games himself over the past few years?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Yao wants T-Mac out of Houston? (Stupid rumor or legit?)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:18:51 PM »
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/85237-source-yao-wants-mcgrady-traded?eref=fromSI

"The Rockets are putting a positive spin on this, but Waiting for Tracy is a play that nobody in Houston wants to see anymore -- up to and including the big man, Yao Ming. "They don't speak," an extremely plugged-in person tells me. "And Yao wants him out." That's not likely this season, as McGrady's $20.3 million is toxic to too many teams' luxury tax plans. Next summer, though, when McGrady will have an expiring, $22.4 million contract, teams may well circle the Rockets looking to make a deal. It's not personal between Yao and McGrady. They like one another. But Yao's frustration is real. And Yao is not the only person that's grown tired of McGrady's self-diagnosis, his up-to-the-last-minute decisions on whether he'll play or not. This isn't questioning his toughness; McGrady took a bunch of pain-killing shots just to get through the first round of the playoffs. And it's unfair of anyone to judge McGrady on his ability to play well in pain; some can, some can't. Ron Artest wanted to keep playing on what the team is now calling a "stress reaction" in his ankle after gutting it out for a month, but he's been shut down for a week to 10 days. One veteran scout who worked a Rockets game recently was shocked by the deterioration in the still-29-year-old McGrady's game."

What do you guys think?  Stupid rumor or is this legit?  Why would Yao be upset when he has missed plenty of games himself over the past few years?

Are you working with Reality's inside sources?  :D

Last night on ESPN they talked about this issue, minus the Yao wants him out stuff, and they said T-Mac is pretty untradeable this year.  The kicker was the Pistons offered Prince and Rip for T-Mac and the Rockets turned them down and now there is zero chance they get anything near as good an offer.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 02:21:26 PM »

Are you working with Reality's inside sources?  :D

Last night on ESPN they talked about this issue, minus the Yao wants him out stuff, and they said T-Mac is pretty untradeable this year.  The kicker was the Pistons offered Prince and Rip for T-Mac and the Rockets turned them down and now there is zero chance they get anything near as good an offer.

Why wouldn't you trade T-Mac for those two?  Jeez.  Sounds like a solid trade.  The Pistons would get his expiring contract (after next year) and the Rockets get a guy who has a great mid range game and Mr. Hustle.  I'd love to see Artest and Prince on the court defending at the same time.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 02:23:56 PM »
Why wouldn't you trade T-Mac for those two?  Jeez.  Sounds like a solid trade.  The Pistons would get his expiring contract (after next year) and the Rockets get a guy who has a great mid range game and Mr. Hustle.  I'd love to see Artest and Prince on the court defending at the same time.

Forgot to metion that trade offer was made over the off season.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 06:05:07 PM »
I don't doubt Yao feels that way for one second.  Heck, I feel that way and I don't even have to play on the same team with McGrady.  I'm not one to question whether a player is injured or not, but there's only been one thing consistent throughout McGrady's career and that is you can count on him to be injured for significant chunks of time.       

This Houston squad is facsicinating to me.  For a team with such a solid group of role players and three supposed stars ... with or without injury, they should dominate.  Heck, Yao should flat out dominate the league and he just doesn't.  I know 20/10 is solid for your average NBAer ... but this guy is 7'6" and 310 lbs!  And he has a soft touch and nice hook shot around the basket.  He should absolutely destroy teams in this near center-less league night in and night out and he just doesn't.  Ron Artest is the oppositions best friend.  He consistently holds the ball too long on offense and several times a game completely takes the team out of their offensive flow so he can jack up a bad shot.  While he's an excellent defender and possesses great offensive skills, his lack of team play on offense is a detriment to every team I've ever seen him play on. 

If I'm a Houston fan I'm seriously bummed out about my team, and specifically the lack of heart of their "superstars".  Here you have a studly supporting cast with a ton of heart and their "stars" whether they're in or out, just don't seem to lead the team.