Author Topic: Eagles vs Giants  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagles vs Giants
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »
I guarantee....nothing.  But we will do our part Eagles boardies, in the strive for an Eagles vs Chargers SuperBowl.

Vs the Giants.
Will the Eagles?:

Succomb to LTs old trick of sending hookers to the Eagles hotel room Sat night?
Give the rock to Westbrook enough times for him to get 200+ all purpose yards?   175?
Hold the Giants pass rush so as to give McNabb time to operate?
Will the Eagles recievers hold onto the passes?
Put a consistent pass rush on Eli Manning so as to give the dbs a much better chance?
Have solid special teams play, no meltdowns?
Will you drink any hot coffee or chocolate during the game?  Will it be doctored up with booze or other drugs?

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
Re: Eagles vs Giants
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:29:10 PM »
I guarantee....nothing.  But we will do our part Eagles boardies, in the strive for an Eagles vs Chargers SuperBowl.
The Chargers are the team I would least like to see win it all.. Eagles vs Titans sounds better. My prediction is Panthers vs Steelers though.

Vs the Giants.
Will the Eagles?:

Succomb to LTs old trick of sending hookers to the Eagles hotel room Sat night?
-Yesno

Give the rock to Westbrook enough times for him to get 200+ all purpose yards?   175?
-Westbrook is hurtin' so I doubt it.

Hold the Giants pass rush so as to give McNabb time to operate?
-Runyan is hurtin' but I think they will.

Will the Eagles recievers hold onto the passes?
-Avant and Celek will.. the rest I'm not sure about.

Put a consistent pass rush on Eli Manning so as to give the dbs a much better chance?
-Don't think so, the Giants run game will keep our pass rush off balance. I don't think our DBs will need any help though.

Have solid special teams play, no meltdowns?
-Akers and Rocca in the Meadowlands  :-\

Will you drink any hot coffee or chocolate during the game?  Will it be doctored up with booze or other drugs?
-Probably not, I could go for some hot chocolate right now though

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »
Nice to see Welfare Fraud joining the retreat. 

I honestly feel that if McNabb shows up to play then we win this game.... if not, i won't be as optimistic. 

Either way, the Giants sure aren't going to give it to us.  I could easily see this one going down to the wire.  I'm confident that our defense will show up for 4 quarters... just a little worried about controlling the LOS w/ Jacobs. 

We're going to need a big game from Westbrook, which has me a little worried considering he's not 100%, and we need to utilize Buckhalter a little more in this one.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 01:21:50 PM »
Both of these teams (and QB's) have been a bit up and down.

Do you expect a crisp, well played game, or will one or both come out and lay an egg?

These teams always seem to play close games that turn on a couple of plays late in the game.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 04:26:23 PM »
I think it will be a well played crisp game, but a defensive game.

I agree that it will be a close game and come down to a couple of big plays, which I feel good about. I think the Eagles have more home run hitters on both sides of the ball.

I can't wait for this Ravens vs Titans game to get going. Over/Under on concussions is 2.5 ... I got the over

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 07:44:37 PM »
Woot!  Ravens held on to win.  That means Chargers win at Pitt, Chargers will host Ravens.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2009, 09:56:03 PM »
My prediction is Panthers vs Steelers though.
Good call  :-[

Fitzgerald is awesome... I'd love to see the Eagles playing Arizona instead of Carolina though.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2009, 10:40:18 PM »
The Eagles are the team no-one wants to play, as they are the hottest team in the NFC heading into the playoffs.  The defense, bolstered by some young talent at the linebacker spot has been stellar, and Westbrook continues to make game-breaking plays in spite of being banged up.  It doesn't matter, since Buckhalter, when he gets the ball can be every bit as effective.

The Giants limped into the playoffs, loosing 3 of 4.  They didn't care about some of the games, preferring to rest their starters, but having lost to the Eagles only a few weeks ago, they cannot feel confident going into the game.  Eli Manning can get rattled, and the Eagles pass-rush got to him and forced some picks.  I expect a similar performance this time, except that the Eagles will do a better job of finding a balance between the pass and run to keep the Giants off balance.

These rivals always seem to have close games and through their history there have been many freaky plays that changed the outcome at the very end.  The Giants are last year's Super Bowl winners, so you can't count them out. But IMO the Eagles have a significantly better QB and that will be too much for the Giants to overcome.  McNabb since his benching has been the best QB in the league, and has had his best season ever, including the year they lost to the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Besides the Eagles are a team of destiny, going into the last week of the season, it looked impossible for them to get in, yet two teams lost in games in which they were favored, and the Eagles demolished the Cowboys, whom they lost to earlier this season in a shoot-out.  The Eagles are playing their best football now and the hot teams tend to keep going.  Not only that, but the Giants are the toughest team left in the NFC, as the Eagles beat the Cardinals already. This means that the Eagles see a clear path back to the Supe and they're not going to let this opportunity slip away.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 12:27:00 PM »
Will anyone even be watching the Sixers game this afternoon?

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »
Eagles vs Arizona to go to the Super Bowl...  :o

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »

Thank god for DVR.

I'm about to startup the game now.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »

Thank god for DVR.

I'm about to startup the game now.

I switched over right after the game to catch a good part of the 4th quarter.  Speights comes up huge for some LOUD plays several times in the 4th quarter.  Miller, Iguodala, and Young all looked solid down the stretch.  Solid win.  Just icing on the cake.

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
I  (like everyone else) was watching the Eagles.  9-15 from 3pt land? Shooter McGavin.  I didn't see the game but Iguodala has been really beasting lately.  His stats look mighty impressive.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
I was switching back and forth while the Eagles game was on.  Very pleased with the Sixers win, since they blew a lead to the Hawks before, and I wasn't sure which team was better.  I think it is clear now that the Sixers are significantly better, and I expect that as long as they don't run out of time will probably end up with at least the 4th seed in the Eastern Conference.

Now that they are running plays for Thad Young, his talents are really starting to shine.  There is a problem in that I still don't think his handle is good enough for the 3 spot, but his outside shooting and driving ability are exceptional.  I'm bringing him up because he is another piece to the puzzle that is finally performing as anticipated.

Andre Miller started playing at a higher level when DiLeo came along, and Andre Iguodala picked up a shot time after, followed by Lou Williams and Mareese Speights. The addition of Theo Ratliff seems to have lit a fire under Sam Dalembert, and he is playing better.  The team is playing well enough to beat most teams in the NBA now, and the addition of Brand should help now that the team is playing the right way.

The Eagles were a little flat on offense except for their drive with 1:34 left on the clock in the first half.  In the 2nd half they seemed to be running downhill as the Giants first string got tired.  As I suspected Eli was the difference, the interceptions made it impossible for them to win, and the Eagles made it necessary by stopping Brandon Jacobs. 

They already beat Arizona, and I think they can do it again.  It looks like it will be a Pennsylvania Super Bowl, and the Eagles also beat Pittsburgh during the regular season.  The probabilities appear to favor an Eagles Championship.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 09:53:26 PM »
Norvron Turner took them much farther then i thought possible with he as the head coach, but in the end Norvron was trumped once again, this time by a 2nd year head coach.

Tries to run Sproles as if he is a fullback and didnt go to the play action short midrange pass until it was too late.  Oh except for the Chargers 1st drive, which put them up 7-0. ::)

Immediately after the Sproles 65 yard return to breath life into the repressed Norvrons, that was not a Pittsburg interception off Rivers and CBS sucks Vegas gonads for not zooming in on the perfect angle.  Phil Simms "derrr errr i kant tell if dats the ball or the Steelers hand derrr errr".  Bogus!

Chargers D also was vanilla Norv non agressive.  Did stinkin Ron Rivera order even one blitz?  Rothy had all day on most passes.
Q. Which NFL team has had the best roster over the last 5 years?  I dont mean the best every single year, i mean combining all 5 years, who is at the top?  I say Chargers hands down. For instance if you are 1st this year and 20th last, that averages out to 10th.  I say the Bolts were in the top 5 each and every year.  Martyball three times and Norvron twice.

Props to Eagles.