Author Topic: Eagles vs MN  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Eagles vs MN
« on: January 02, 2009, 11:05:38 AM »
Does McNabb use his superior experience to take Philly over MN 31-17?
Will Adrian Peterson get 160 yards and keep Phillys O off the field?
How many drinks will you consume during the game?  After?
Are you dating an Eagles cheerleader, or does one have a restraining order against you?
Do you think that Eagle that is going to marry the "Skanks Next Door" bimbo is an idiot for coming within 500 feet of ANYONE who has been with STDs Hefner the past 20 years?
And, will the Eagles D hold MN to under 10 points?

Since Philly made the playoffs, is Andy Reid now back for a fact even if MN wins 40-0 as Reid names the placekicker as the starting QB?  (He won't, my point being no matter how coached vs MN, is Reid back for a fact and are you down with that?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Eagles vs MN
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:27:30 AM »
No, no, none, none, no, no, I hope not.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
Philly should smack Minnesota around like they did the Cowboys.  Even worse, since the Vikings don't have much of a passing game.  That's on the defensive side of the ball. 

On offense, McNabb playing indoors has ideal conditions to throw as much as Reid would like.  The only question is, has Reid figured out his team likes to run as much or more than pass, and that it demoralizes the other team when the Eagles march down the field running Westbrook and Buckhalter? When the other team is obsessed with stopping the run, then McNabb can throw to his receivers in single coverage and blow the game open.

Andy likes to do it the other way and dazzle you with the passing game, and then try to run.  But the offensive line run-blocks better than it pass-protects, and having two good running backs to pound the ball with is a better recipe for time of possession than scoring quickly.

It depends on what Minnesota can do on offense and what happens with turnovers. If Minnesota can get out to a lead, they Eagles will try to pass to catch up.  Once the Eagles get out to a lead, they will go to the running game.

No one's talking about Kendra since Baskett hasn't even been playing.

I'm not sure where I'm watching the game, so I'm not sure how much I'll be drinking.  a high-scoring game will encourage higher consumption.

Offline Welfare Fraud

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 04:00:12 PM »
Who knows how D Mac will play. If he plays great, the Eagles will win pretty big IMO. If not it will be the ugly 3 and out fest that it usually is when we don't commit to the run. The Vikings have a great run defense so I don't see Andy even attempting to establish the run, so it will all be on #5's shoulders. Hope I'm wrong.

Peterson could get 160 if Philly can't keep their O on the field (meaning it will be probably be the fault of the O, not the D)

2-3 beers during the game is my estimate. If we win, one or two after the game. If we lose, enough to make myself pass out.

Yes I'm dating a cheerleader, but she doesn't know it.

I need to see pics before I can judge if the STDs are worth it.

Vikings will score more than 10 points.

Reid is back no matter what.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 04:53:06 PM »

Peterson could get 160 if Philly can't keep their O on the field (meaning it will be probably be the fault of the O, not the D)

Other than a few games against the Steelers, the Eagles have great success against elite RB's.  Its hard to bounce outside against the Eagles run defense, but occasionally teams can overpower them.  I get the sense that AP can overpower you, but would prefer to get outside.

As for Reid, he's a good/successful coach, but he eiter needs to show he can rebuild around a new QB, or they should try and bring in another good coach.  I would love to see them get a real big name like Cower or Shan, but that's probably a pipe dream.  Reid will probably end up coaching another dacade.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 12:21:51 AM »
Congrats Eagles.

I approve of an Eagles-Chargers SuperBowl.

Only saw schooches of the game.  What was up with the MN qb giftwrapping that INT for the touchdown.  And leaping up trying to make the tackle before getting WWF bodyslammed by that Eagle.  :D :-\

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 12:37:40 PM »
Minn. played better than I thought.  Vikings Defense gave the Eagles more trouble than the Giants did, and much more than Dallas.

Vikings mistakes, especially the int, run back for a touchdown by Assante Samuel turned out to be the game winner.  Eagles were burned by the refs on a number of plays that led to scores by the Vikings.  Pass interference was there wasn't any,  or a non-pass interference call when there was one.  Also a stupid ruling against the Vikes where replay clearly showed the punt team man did establish himself outside the endzone before tapping the ball.  Good move by the Vikings to challenge that one!

Minnesota did a terrific job of keepeing Westbrook and Buckhalter in check, but the screen play to Westbrook killed them.  Terrible play calling by Reid and Morningwheg trying to run up the middle, when that doesn't work Andy, try going outside to get Westbrook in space.

Huge game against the arch-rival Giants, coming up.  Philly fans don't hate Giants fans anywhere like they do Cowboy fans, but we love to beat them and the stadium is close enough that it gets filled with lots of Eagle fans anyway.