Author Topic: OT-Another Microsoft product eats shizzle at my house.  (Read 1641 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
OT-Another Microsoft product eats shizzle at my house.
« on: December 31, 2008, 05:31:15 PM »
I posted about my Vista problems a few weeks back.  I've mentioned my XBox 360 problems I been having lately, turns out my ELITE system is having problems reading the HD and locks up every now and then.  NOW my Zune has taken a Y2K like crapola.  Seems like EVERY Zune 30 on the planet has locked up after midnight 12/30/08.  I've read it's only happening to the Zune players with the latest firmware so you might be safe if you have the older revs.  The problem is the unit is completely locked up, even the hard reset does not work so I don't know how Microsoft plans on fixing the problem.  The Zune will not even turn off, you have to let the battery drain for it to turn off once it locks up.  The only way to disconnect the battery is to disasemble the unit, voiding the warranty of course.  I wonder how Microsoft will handle thousand of units being shipped to them for repair.  The unit will not respond to anything so I don't see an alternative.

I wonder if this was done on purpose by some prankster or disgruntled employee.  I've read that people with IPhones are getting a message from Apple "Wishing you and yours a very safe and music filled New Years Eve".  :D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

Re: OT-Another Microsoft product eats shizzle at my house.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2008, 08:07:17 PM »
Just spent another 4 hours on my xbox 360 playing mass effect - still no issues

jemagee

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 11:46:12 PM »
http://www.engadget.com/2008/12/31/zune-30gb-brickification-acknowledged-microsoft-says-to-wait-it/

Should work tomorrow - leap years are hard :)

I got a message from the Zune community saying it would fine tommorow.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
ANd like the article said - they should have it fixed by 2012 :)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »
I heard the Zune was pretty cool and much better than the IPOD.  Problem is I don't know anyone who has one and all the display models at places like Virgin Records are broken so I haven't really ever got to play with one.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:21:51 PM »
I heard the Zune was pretty cool and much better than the IPOD.  Problem is I don't know anyone who has one and all the display models at places like Virgin Records are broken so I haven't really ever got to play with one.

I had 3.  I had a first generation one (30GB) and two second generation ones.  The badass one came customized and was alot sleeker than my first one plus it had 120GB of storage.  Has a built in tuner and can connect to my network wirelessly.  I think it got stolen by a family member :( .  I also had flash 8GB thin one but I sold it to a friend at work cause he was in a bind for a gift and was short on cash.  I'm really pissed about losing the hi-end one!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"